8 More Exercises to Tone Abdominal Muscle
6) Side stretches: Lie on your side, resting your weight on your forearm. Now raise your body off the floor, supporting yourself with your elbow and foot, to form a straight line from your shoulders to your ankle. Hold for a second before lowering yourself and performing the process on your other side.
7) Lunge Chop: Take hold of a medicine ball and hold it in both hands over one of your shoulders. Step forward with the leg opposite to the shoulder you are holding the ball over, until your front knee is at a ninety degree angle. Keeping your torso upright, swing the ball down in a chopping motion. Repeat the chopping motion eight times, then return to the standing position and switch the ball over to your other shoulder.
8) Barbell Rollout: Kneeling on the floor, grab a barbell in an overhand grip. Your hands should be approximately shoulder width apart, with your shoulder over the barbell. Roll the bar as far forward as you can, keeping your back flat. Once you have pushed it as far as possible, contract your abs and rolls the bar back into its initial position. Repeat this ten times to complete one set.
9) Plank: Facing the ground, rest yourself on your forearms keeping your back straight. Now, contract your abs and hold for twenty seconds then release. Repeat this four to five times.
10) The bicycle exercise: Lie on your back with your hand behind your head. Lift your shoulders off the ground whilst bringing your knees up towards your chest. Straighten one leg to a forty-five degree angle whilst turning your upper body towards the opposite side, bringing the elbow towards the knee. Now do this for the other side and repeat twelve to sixteen times.
11) The chair exercise: Stand on a chair and grip the arm rests. Press your back against the rear of the chair, tensing your abdominal muscles in order to raise your legs, lifting your knees towards your chest and keeping your back straight. Repeat this twelve to sixteen times.
12) Working with an exercise ball: Lie facing the ceiling with an exercise ball under the middle of your back, your arms should be crossed over your chest or held behind your head. Now, tighten your abdominal muscles to lift your torso off the ball and pull down towards your hips. Lower back down and repeat this twelve to sixteen times.
13) Vertical Leg Crunch: Lie flat on the floor, facing the ceiling. Extend your legs above you and cross them. Tighten your abs and lift your shoulders off the floor, keeping your legs in the same position. Lower yourself and repeat this twelve to sixteen times.
Related Tags: fitness, abdominal workout, six pack, abdominal exercises, sexy abs, how to get abs, nice abs
Discover how to achieve flat, firm and sexy abs by downloading your free report entitled "From Jiggly Jelly To Fabulously Flat - Turn Your Jelly Belly Into A Six Pack" from http://www.firmupyourabs.comYour Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- 3 Day Diet Reviews Forthright Opinion About The Program
Are you considering going on the 3 day diet? Reviews are hard to come by, but I'm going to give you
- 3 Day Chemical Breakdown Diet What It Is And Is Not
The 3 Day Chemical Breakdown Diet has been called by many other names such as the 3 day heart diet,
- The Biggest Lose Weight Program At Jillian Michaels
Although it seems almost unimaginable, nearly incomprehensible, a few people in the United States do
- Essential Marathon Accessories
Short distance runners have an idea of what their essential kit is - trainers, shorts and a vest. A
- Maintaining Health And Fitness With Exercise And Nutrition
Nowadays remaining fit and healthy has become very important. We all lead such a fast-paced life tha
- Flatten Your Stomach Exercising Just Minutes A Day!
Are you missing the flat, six-pack tummy that you had 10 years ago? Or have you been fighting the ba
- Get Rid Of Cellulite With Exercises
Cellulite is a common condition in women; it is not a result of being fat or overweight. Cellulite o
- Why Do I Need A Personal Trainer? (part 2)
Following on from points one to five, we continue to look at why hiring a personal trainer could tra
- Why Do I Need A Personal Trainer? (part 1)
Anything in life worth having takes effort and when it comes to getting the body you want, never has
- How Do I Choose The Best Whey Isolate Easily Guide
As the owner of a supplement company, I get many questions about what makes our Whey isolate better
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Can A Treadmill Supercharge Your Life?
You know it. That person staring at you in the mirror knows it. You need to lose weight. But with
- Training with Free Weights Will Not Get You Toned
Oh, and Santa Claus DOES exist.Well, it's safe to say both statements above are false.One of the mos
- The Secrets of a Killer Ab Workout
Out of all the body parts that you can exercise, your abs are one of the most important muscle group
- When Should I Do My Cardio, Before or After Strength Training?
Friends I actually stumbled on the answer to this in a very interesting, yet eye-opening way.See her
- So How Can I Really Get Ripped Abs?
Next to the 'bi's' and 'tri's' in the arms, the next region that almost every body in the gym may se
- A Good Exercise Routine Is Vital To Your Fitness Quest
At the beginning of every New Year, the local Leisure Centers, Sports Clubs, Gymnasiums, etc etc, ar
- I'm New at Working Out with Weights, Any Suggestions?
The popularity and importance of strength training is becoming more and pronounced wherever the issu
- Choosing the Correct Home Exercise Equipment
Exercise schedules should include three parts: Strength training, aerobic exercise, and flexibility
- Tips and Tricks on How to Exercise
Everyone knows that exercise is necessary for better health and a better sense of well-being. Howeve
- Hey, Some Teenagers Would Like to Pump Iron too
The average male, even from childhood, instinctively knows that perhaps very little else attracts th