Mortgage Refinancing Information - Paying Points May Not Lower Your Mortgage Interest Rate
Points, more specifically "discount points" are prepaid mortgage interest paid in exchange for lowering your mortgage interest rate. One point is one percent of your mortgage amount paid by you at closing and typically reduces your mortgage interest rate by .25 percent. Mortgage lenders frequent charge homeowners whatever they like and get away with it because very few homeowners actually read the fine print found in their loan contracts.
How can you tell if your mortgage company is being honest with you about the points you are paying? Ask your loan representative for various quotes with different point and mortgage rate combinations. For each ¼ percent change in the mortgage interest rate you should only be required to pay one point. If you don't see the interest rate going down accordingly ask your loan representative to explain the fee.
Deciding if paying points is beneficial to you is simple to calculate. Simply divide the amount you will pay by the amount you save on your monthly payment and you will have the number of months it will take to recoup your expense. Generally speaking, the longer you plan on keeping the mortgage, the more sense it makes to pay discount points at closing. You can learn more about your mortgage options, including expensive mistakes to avoid with a free mortgage refinancing video tutorial.
Related Tags: mortgage refinancing, home mortgage refinance loan, yield spread premium, mortgage refinance loan
To get your free mortgage guidebook visit RefiAdvisor.com using the link below.
Louie Latour specializes in showing homeowners how to avoid costly mortgage mistakes and predatory lenders. For a free copy of "Mortgage Refinancing - What You Need to Know," which teaches strategies to find the best mortgage and save thousands of dollars in the process, visit Refiadvisor.com.
Claim your free mortgage refinance information guide today at: http://www.refiadvisor.com
Recent articles in this category:
- Understand The Fha Guidelines Before Considering Fha Mortgage
The U.S. economy was hit hard by the global financial meltdown. In the housing sector, the crisis is
- Basic Facts About Multifamily Apartment Construction Loans
When you make an investment, you surely think of getting something out of it to make the deal profit
- Commercial Mortgage Refinance Loan - Ideal Solution For Financial Problems
Financial security is something which we have to plan from before. In life, there is no certainty wh
- Free Government Grant Money Eligibility Requirements
All of us hear about free government grant money. But what is involved in obtaining this money? What
- Top 10 Tips On Buy To Let Mortgages And Property Hunting
If you are looking for an opportunity to invest your savings or any money you have come into, there
- A Few Tips On How To Stop Foreclosure
In case you are facing certain financial catastrophe caused by a loss or relocation of a job, or wha
- How To Stop Foreclosure And Lose Your Residence To The Bank
In today's market, there are more and more citizens that get big loans then they use their home as a
- Most Excellent Way To Stop Foreclosure - The #1 Blueprint For Saving Your Home
Just what is the best measure to stop foreclosure? No doubt you are browsing for an answer to that q
- Act Fast To Stop Foreclosure
If you would like to find out how you can put a stop to foreclosure, there is not much to accomplish
- Tips For Buying A Home With No Money
There is a popular belief that you can only buy a home if you have great credit. This is false becau
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Mortgage Refinancing - Rate Caps Protect You When Refinancing With an Adjustable Rate Mortgage
Adjustable Rate Mortgages can save you money when mortgage refinancing if you fully understand how t
- 100% Mortgage Loans: What You Need to Know
Coming up with a 20% down payment can be a difficult task for many potential homebuyers. If you are
- Home Equity Loan Pitfalls
The home equity loan came of age in 1996 when changes in the tax law eliminated deductions for the i
- Mortgage Refinancing: How the Fannie Mae Weekly Yield can Help You Comparison Shop
Mortgage refinancing without knowing Fannie Mae's weekly yield is like buying a used car without kno
- How to Pay Off Your Mortgage in 7 Years, Without Extra Payments
One of the most exciting new topics concerning wealth is “How to Pay Off Your Mortgage in
- Mortgage Rate Comparison
Trying to get an "apples to apples" mortgage rate comparison can often be quite a hassle. Traditiona
- Should I Pay Off My Mortgage Early?
Many people think that real estate debt is good debt. They think that their mortgage is their bigges
- Mortgage Refinancing: Beware the Mortgage Vultures
If you are in the process of mortgage refinancing you need to be wary of overpaying for your loan.
- Mortage Loans - How Much Does It Actually Cost In The End
Mortgage loans are the loans used to finance most people's first home. It is the big loan that ever
- Where To Locate Home Improvement Loan Companies
Where to locate home improvement companies is a question that arises from many different people. Som