Why Do People Buy Long Term Care Insurance?
· To protect their family - Many people realize that if they have a family that loves them, they will be sure to be cared for somehow in the case of a prolonged illness that requires custodial care. However, they are concerned about the kind of burden will that place on their loved ones, both emotionally and financially. Especially those who have had prior experiences with being a caregiver realize how difficult it is, and they choose to do all that they can to prevent that if they have the means to do so.
· To protect their finances - Well-informed and financially savvy people understand the dangers that a long term care illness can present to their portfolio. In fact, paying for long term care costs is the single largest contributor to financial ruin in the senior population. Realizing that LTCi allows them to leverage their insurance investment (essentially buying benefits worth many times more than the investment made) and protect their assets from disaster, they view LTCi as a necessity, not an option.
· To maintain independence - The very last thing that many people would choose to give up is their own personal independence and freedom of choice. Many understand however, that if they don't plan ahead, that is exactly what they will most likely lose if a need for long term care arises. Having LTCi provides the financial means necessary to maintain control over your care and lifestyle. This is often a major factor when single persons choose to invest in LTCi.
· To have more control over the quality of their care - In the United States no one will be turned away and refused long term care if it is truly needed, regardless of their financial situation. The program that usually makes arrangements for their care is Medicaid, a joint collaboration between federal and state governments to care for those who do not have assets enough to care for themselves. Although it is a wonderful program in many ways, the care that is provided is of much less quality than that received by those with private funding and is most often only provided in a facility. Many people who have witnessed firsthand the shortcomings and frustrations of Medicaid-provided care simply choose to do all that they can to avoid such an outcome.
· To protect their children's inheritance - Since long term care costs are so high and rising much faster than the standard rate of inflation, many people appreciate that an extended long term care episode would essentially wipe out all the savings that they have worked so hard to obtain through the years, and leave virtually nothing for their offspring. If leaving a heritage to their family is important to them, they see LTCi as a way to make sure that the fruits of their labors are passed on to the next generation.
Related Tags: health care, aging, elder care, long term care, nursing home
Duane Lipham is a Certified Long Term Care(CLTC) consultant. You can get more free information, news and articles regarding long term care and aging at The Long Term Care Consumer Guide website and The Long Term Care Review Blog.Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Motor Trade Rundown
It is not just cars that must be insured on British roads, every type of motor vehicle is required b
- Claiming Compensation For Defective Products
Compensation claims for injury and damage caused by faulty, defective products normally target eithe
- Ideas To Uncover Affordable Rate Auto Coverage
These days, everyone is looking for ways to lower expenses. Certain costs like home and car insuranc
- Should It Be Illegal For People To Drive Without Vehicle Insurance?
There are many drivers on the road who drive un-roadworthy vehicles. The worst part is not that they
- Do You Need Static Caravan Insurance?
Static caravan insurance is an automobile insurance that deals with vehicles that are used while on
- Insurance - Tool For Personal Finance Planning
Financial planning is must for every individual. When we start saving money for our goals, there is
- Family Life Insurance Policy For The Families Staying In Dubai
The main motive of insurance policy is to give financial security to the person's family especially
- Buying Temporary Health Insurance In Florida
You are the resident of Florida? You are between jobs and therefore are not looking for a long term
- Car Insurance Is Of The Utmost Importance In Today's Lifestyle
In today's hectic lifestyle we are always rushing to get from one place to another, whether it be ru
- Health Insurance Companies Are Using New Laws As An Excuse To Raise Their Rates
Government officials are cautioning insurance companies to stop utilizing scare tactics to steam up
Most viewed articles in this category:
- International Health Insurance: Insure Yourself While in Go
We all will agree that whether we are living in our home country or abroad, our health needs constan
- It's Never Too Early to Buy a Long Term Care Health Insurance!
Most people delay buying a long term care health insurance because they think that it is too early t
- Home Owner Insurance Quote: Stay Safe!
Your house will not be fully secured until and unless you have a home owner insurance policy. A home
- The Benefits of Health Insurance Are Immense!
Almost everyone in this world has fallen ill sometime or the other. Apart from illness, many people
- What Happens When You Make An Insurance Claim?
If you've never filed a loss claim before, you might feel nervous and confused about the whole proce
- Pet Health Care Insurance: Show your Pets That you Care!
Having a pet in one's household is a joyful experience. It can provide you with entertainment, compa
- Three Ways to Buy Long Term Care Without Paying Premiums Out of your Pocket
Stop 100 people over 65 on the street and ask them if they will ever need to go to a nursing home an
- Protect That Bauble: Engagement Ring Insurance
Engagement ring insurance can protect your bauble in case a worst case scenario happens...So you've
- Do I Need Diamond Ring Insurance
If you have to ask whether or not you need diamond ring insurance you probably do. There's somethin
- Choosing a Benefits TPA
The use of third-party administrators (TPAs) is one of the hottest trends in insurance today. Accor