12 Ways to Shock Your Muscles Into Growing
1. Change the time of day you lift.
2. If you are doing three different exercises for one muscle group you may mix up the rep ranges with each lift to target fast twitch A and B fibers as well as Slow twitch fibers (i.e. 5 reps, 12 reps and 40 rep sets)
3. Change the order of exercises you use each workout and never repeat the same order for at least 6-7 workouts.
4. Change the speed of each positive (raising) and negative (lowering) each workout. You may focus on a super slow positive or negative set on occasion. You may also add more of an explosive component once in a while.
5. Rest pause between reps for a couple of extra seconds to recover more fibers during your set. This will help you break through any plateaus you may be experiencing.
6. On the other hand you may hold the contraction at the top of the lift for three seconds to recruit additional fibers you may not be hitting in your normal lifting tempo.
7. You may do partial sets. Do a full rep, followed by a ¼ rep, followed by a full rep, followed by a ½ rep, followed by a full rep, followed by ¾ rep. This sequence may be repeated three times through without rest. (Be ready to work with extra intensity for this one.)
8. Add Plyo-metric sets. Mix in an explosive style of training by executing clap push ups, alternate jumping split squats, leap frog jumps, box jumps, etc.
9. Do highly focused stretching in-between sets. Thoroughly stretch the muscle group you are targeting for a solid 10-15 seconds between sets and hold the stretch. Do this every time you rest for one week and observe the results.
10. Perform a "giant set" of 3-4 exercises. Set up the exercise area and weights in advance and rotate from one exercise to the next without resting. When you complete the giant set and go all the way around, then rest and repeat again.
11. Double your reps on every lift once a month. Get yourself out of your own comfort zone.
12. Challenge yourself by focusing on the negative (lowering) part of the lift. Using a weight that is 40% heavier than you normally lift for a comfortable set up 10 have someone spot you on the positive (raising) and you take over lowering the weight slowly. It is best to do only about 3-5 negatives in this style since this does shock the muscle big time.
Those are a few to keep mixing things up. Have fun experimenting with variations of your normal routine. The best workout you can do is the one you have not tried yet. Go in to the weight room each time with the intention to shock your muscles. If you do, you will soon be rewarded with incredible gains. Hit it hard!
Related Tags: body building, growing, build muscle, routine, athlete, grow, muscles, plateau, shock muscles, hit a plateau
Want to shock your health and wealth into growing too? Head over to http://www.seekersmanifesto.com and check out my new program. Do you want to learn all my secrets for success? Check it out. Scott Magers is a leading educator, formulator, and motivator in the field of nutrition and fitness. With over 24 years of experience in nutritional science, Scott has worked with many of the top professional and Olympic athletes, business leaders, sports teams, youth groups, and celebrities outlining detailed programs emphasizing a low glycemic, nutrient-dense, balanced approach to nourishing the body.Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Chest Dips Are An Effective Pectoral Exercise
Weighted chest dips are one of the exercises that most people don't even consider when they sit down
- Supporting You Lose Belly Fat
Medical Science has said that belly fat is among the biggest wellbeing dangers for guys and girls. R
- Creating Muscle Quickly
To build muscle fast is a difficult and laborious journey, but luckily a number of shortcuts have be
- To Build Muscle Fast
To build muscle fast is a long and demanding journey, but luckily several shortcuts have been reveal
- Supercharge Your Muscle Building Results With Muscle Building Foods
A great physique begins with diet and exercise. Building muscle mass requires dedication and determi
- Size Builders Tips
Choose one of these two exercises, which are good choices for building triceps mass. Both moves rais
- Maximuscle Cyclone Bars
Maximuscle Cyclone Bars from Maximuscle LtdA high-performance muscle growth bar to support your stre
- Myth? For 90% Of Mankind - To Get A Sixpack I Need To Work On My Abs!
True.But for 90% of us that is semi-right. Abs are often covered by a layer of fat and there is no w
- Ways To Increase Testosterone Levels
Maintaining adequate testosterone levels can prevent all kinds of health maladies in men as they age
- Home Gym Machines For Training
Most people realize that some working out is always very effective part of living a healthy life sty
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Tips For Finding The Best Abdominal Exercise
With our often sedentary lifestyles, it is no wonder that many of us have just a tad too much fat in
- How To Turn Fat Into Muscle
Turning fat into muscle is not all that hard to do, as long as you have the right knowledge and guid
- How to Look Like a Male Fitness Model and Attract Women
Bodybuilders are such a touchy bunch. There are probably a couple of guys experiencing "roid rage"
- Bodybuilding and Steroids: ACNE Side Effects
"Bodybuilding and Steroids : Steroid side effects." Bodybuilding and Steroids. Side effects. Focus
- Natural Bodybuilding Muscle Training - Does It Still Exist In Today's Age Of Steroids?
Maybe you are interested in knowing what natural bodybuilding is all about. This page will help you
- I Need Some Help with Weight Lifting?
Matt, I lift weights 4-5 times a week, if I can, I don't do to much that it kills my arms but I also
- Steroid Side Effects: Roid Rage and Increased Aggressiveness
Bodybuilding and Steroids. Side effects. Focus: Roid RageCommon steroid side effects normally repor
- Finding Great Inexpensive Sources For Bodybuilding Supplements Online
In today's society, many people are conscious about how they look. It is a fact that having a muscul
- Discover The Simple Method Of Fat Loss No One Else Will Tell You About that is Guaranteed To Work!
Muscular Development SecretsFor balanced muscular development it is necessary that each and every pa
- What Exactly Is Muscle Building
Is this a true or false statement:Building muscle will make you slower and less flexible. Contrary t