Are You Ignoring the 4 Obvious Traps When You Buy Pallet Racks Through Liquidation?
Before you do that, you need to be aware of 4 traps. Using this knowledge, you can make a better decision whether to buy used pallet racks directly from the liquidation site or the dealer at a higher price but assured quality.
1. Sometimes, some items on the listing are not available at the liquidation site. The listing is only for illustration and it doesn't represent a true picture of the racks to be liquidated. You may find extra items that are not on the listing at the location. You are advised to visit the site so that you can view the items yourself.
2. Liquidators don't arrange shipping when you close the deal. You need to arrange your own shipping from the location where the liquidated pallet racks are situated to your warehouse. Liaise with the liquidators for low cost transportation and good discounts as they have good relationships with the freight forwarders. Better still, if you can arrange your purchase with any of their coming liquidations, you can receive more savings when purchasing directly from the liquidated site.
3. Bear in mind that the goods sold by liquidators are "As Is, Where Is". Some may have still have stickers or labels on them from their former use. Some of the racks have not been cleaned, repaired, or repainted. Don't be surprised if you find damaged racks among the lot. Most of the racks should be structurally strong enough to almost match the structural integrity of those new or refurbished ones. So, inspect the racks properly before you buy them.
4. If your warehouse is located in California, Washington, South Carolina, Utah, Massachusetts, Nevada and other earthquake-prone areas, then the racks must comply to the state's seismic requirements. It is your responsibility to get the seismic permit for your pallet racks. Based on the requirement, all pallet rack systems must built to seismic specifications. In other words, they must be strong enough to remain firm without crashing, cracking or malfunctioning in the event of an earthquake.
You can enjoy large savings if you buy used pallet racks directly from liquidated sites. Even though they have been use before, they are still in good condition and can perform the same function as the new ones. Moreover, they are far below market value which gives you a higher return on your investment. To secure your investment, visit the liquidation location directly for all pricing information, purchase, and shipping.
Related Tags: storage, material handling equipment, pallet racks, pallet rack, warehousing space, shelving
Joshua Peruzzi writes about effective shelving systems. If you want to save money on pallet racks, visit Joshua's affordable pallet racks blog. Come and drop by at http://www.affordablepalletracks.com/ today and he will give you more tips for your future purchase of pallet racks whether it be new or used.Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- The No. 1 Rule For Projecting Confidence - Speak With Authority
One of the most important characteristics a person can project in a business setting - or any situat
- After the Autumn Checkout European Debt Crisis and U.S. Brewing Rebound
In the commotion caused by the Fed on interest rates come to an end, the "disastrous" for the euro a
- Advantages Of Arcade Game Rentals
There are many different advantages to arcade game rentals. Most people need something to release th
- A General Primer on Truck Cargo Nets
In modern highways it is quite rare to see truck cargo nets in action, this is because they are usua
- The United States Will Burst More Severe Financial Crisis
Not long ago, suddenly announced that the central bank to raise interest rates, the interest rate hi
- Niche Marketing Profits - 3 Easy Steps to Finding a Profitable Niche Market Income in 10 Minutes
Like most beginners I was having a very difficult time trying to find a niche market to earn extra m
- The Importance of Hospitality Management Consulting Firms Toronto
Businesses and the managers that help guide any business are in a constant state of improvement and
- New Keynesian Theory Label
2010 winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics three theories have been labeled as "New Keynesian" labe
- Federal Reserve Pouring Money QE2 Unpredictable Fortune
U.S. economist Milton Friedman proposed a "throw the cash from a helicopter" view, while the practic
- Fiscal Consolidation Should no Longer Delay
British Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne today announced fiscal consolidation policy, shoc
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Common Financial Problems to Avoid
One must first change their habits and not procrastinate. American Consultants Inc at offers key fi
- How a Bad Hire Can Hurt Your Business
What's worse - hiring the wrong person or not hiring anyone at all? Companies can become almost des
- Joel Comm Is Dr. Adsense
What is Adsense? If you are new to making money online and net marketing, you may not know what Ads
- 5 Steps For A Dynamic Wealth System Online
Recipe: Opportunity + knowledge + Dynamic Wealth System + Your Action = Massive Success!!! Step 1
- How To Stop Foreclosure
Losing your house to a foreclosure can be very scary. There are times when circumstances are ou
- How to Always Pitch A Strike
As business owners, we are always working on new ways to convince people to become customers, client
- Membrane Diffuser Solutions for Wastewater Treatment Systems
In the aeration basin of a typical wastewater treatment plant there are both organic and inorganic m
- Another Year Hating Your Job or Loving Life?
Copyright © 2007 Mary Foley I've come to the conclusion that to be successful - really successf
- Dyestuff Industry In India And China
World demand for dyes and organic pigments to touch $10.6 billion in 2008According to a study on dye
- Cma-cgm Case : the Series of Lawsuits Continues in Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, France, England and the United States
Damietta company case : The series of lawsuits continues in Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, France, England a