The Art of Dressing for Your Body Shape Made Simple...Curvy Girl Style!
You Have a Fuller Bustline and a Less Defined Waist With More Narrow Shoulders and Legs.
--- Main goal: Draw Attention Away From the Midriff / Tummy Area. ~ Redirect the Eye to Your Face or Legs.
* Wear shoulder pads to create the illusion of a small waist and draw attention upward.
* Create strong, vertical lines using long jackets over short or straight shirts.
* V-necks and long necklaces are flattering for you.
* Avoid high heels with short hemlines and tight waistlines that emphasize a prominent midriff.
You Have Basically Balanced Shoulders and Hips With a Smaller, Well-Defined Waist.
--- Main goal: Maintain Your Natural Balance While Accenting Your Waist. ~ Select Soft Flowing Lines in
Any Combination of Prints or Solids.
* Define your waist by wearing dark belts on light fabrics and blouson tops with straight or full skirts.
* Drop-waist styles are flattering for you as well as jackets cropped above the waist.
* Avoid tent dresses or any styles that have only a minimal amount of shape.
You Have Roughly the Same Width at the Shoulders, Waist and Hips.
--- Main goal: Create the Illusion of a Waistline.
* Reduce the straightness and boxiness of your shape by wearing clothes that suggest a waistline and are unstructured.
* You can wear any combination of prints, patterns and solids as well as a variety of silhouettes.
* Drop-waist styles are flattering and a great choice for you.
* Add interest at the neckline with bright jewelry or scarves.
* Avoid oversized tent dresses or any styles that have only a minimal amount of shape.
You Have More Narrow Shoulders and a Smaller Bustline With Wider Hips and Legs.
--- Main goal: Create a Visual Balance Between Your Narrow Upper Body and Wider Lower Body.
* Use shoulder pads, embellishment and accessories to draw attention to your upper body. Ruffled collars and bold jewelry draw the eye upward.
* Hips and thigh areas should be de-emphasized by wearing dark solids or small prints or using silhouettes that flow smoothly and gracefully over the lower body.
--->>>INVERTED TRIANGLE: You Have Slightly Wider Shoulders and a Larger Bustline With Narrow Hips and Legs.
--- Main goal: Create a Visual Balance Between Wider Upper Body and Narrow Lower Body.
* Wear fuller bottoms in prints, bright colors, and flared or pleated skirts.
* Wear darker, less embellished tops to minimize the wide upper body.
* Choose heavier, chunky shoes and keep accessories close to the face.
* Avoid shoulder pads or wear only small ones.
Related Tags: plus-size fashion tips, body shapes
Article courtesy of Kathy, the owner of Kathy's Curvy Corner website. With a clear focus on classy, stylish and figure flattering plus-size fashions, You're sure to find what you are looking for at http://www.kathyscurvycorner.comYour Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Women's Intimate Wear Has A Highly Competitive Market
Well I'm going to introduce you to this particular market which is growing rapidly. For considering
- Marc Jacobs Might Give Us More
Marc Jacobs has brought us classics and much to talk about with his two lines: Marc Jacobs and Marc
- Up and Coming Designer - Mobolaji Dawodu
Mobolaji Dawodu (pronounced Mo-bo-lah-gi Dah-wu-doo) is a young man with vision, ambition, creative
- How to Buy Celtic Jewelry
The traditions of the Celtic people and Celtic jewelry go back for centuries. The Celtic people were
- Imitation Leather 2 Seater Sofas
Imitation leather 2 seater sofas are known for their unique style and fashion statements. These Imit
- 5 Tips on How to Find the Best Wholesale Jewelry
Whether you're a fashion retailer, an e-tailer, an eBay seller, or you simply want to earn some extr
- The Classiness of Sporting Designer Urban Clothing
Your apparel is a very important part of life when living in the city or suburbs. It reveals to othe
- Fashion Stylists - The Emerging Class in the Fashion Industry
Want to change the way you look? Want some trendy clothes for the season? Never seem to know what to
- Your Gucci Handbag Tells the World You Have Good Fashion Sense
For many women, there is no question about it. Ownership of a Gucci handbag is the ultimate sign of
- Women's Dooney And Burke Handbag Accessory - Background and Style Options
Women's Dooney And Burke Handbag Accessory - The History And Different Style Options That You Can Ge
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Dialaphone Has World's First Official Photos Of The Lg Prada Phone
Everyone wants to keep up to date with gossip, especially when it comes to fashion and the world's m
- Is a Prada Milano Handbag Suitable for the Trendy Gal?
Is a Prada Milano Handbag almost a must-have for a trendy girl? It depends actually.As most fashion
- The History Of Coats For Women
The coat is a real newcomer in the woman's wardrobe because until the late 19th century women prefer
- Latin Dress Styles - Why They Drive Both Men And Women Crazy With Desire!
All things Latin are considered romantic and sexy, this includes their dances, their men, women and
- The History of Fashion
The history of fashion is segmented into decades. The fashion timeline that will be explored in this
- Designer Lingerie - Tips for Successful On-line Buying
Men - trust me, every woman's dream gift is beautiful, quality, silk or lace designer lingerie! But
- The Gloves of The Past and Present
Gloves are increasingly becoming a necessity accessory item these days. Do you wear an evening gown
- Stretch Jeans
Almost a century ago, Levi Strauss created what came to be the first modern jeans. This universal yo
- Men's Shoes and Italy
Italy has always been associated with fashion. There are a lot famous designers who were born in Ita
- All About T-Shirts
If you are looking for unique shirts for a gift or to add to your own wardrobe then you may want to