List Building - The Beginner's Guide To List Building Part 4 of 5
1. You need the least amount of technical knowledge to set up your account.
2. The more well known companies back up regularly.
3. You should get higher rates of delivery.
4. You can probably achieve a higher percentage of up time.
With a paid service you will also normally be able to create an unlimited amount of responders or lists and follow up messages. This will mean that you can build multiple related lists and track where you get the best responses and money.
Once you have set up your responder you will then need to create your web pages. The absolute minimum that you can set up is a single web page. This will be the page that your visitors will use to opt-in to your list. This page is called a 'squeeze' page.
There is a lot of debate over exactly what should be included in your squeeze pages and you will want to test different elements to determine what works best for you and your niche. Most people agree that you should include all of the following 4 elements:
1. A Headline
This would normally be eye catching and immediately obvious as to what you're offering. Using quantifiable text will also help. So for example instead of writing "Get a free course on tying flies" you would use something like "Learn to tie expert flies that catch tons of fish in just 5 days".
2. A Strap Line
This is normally a single sentence that qualifies your headline and leads your visitor into your page.
3. A Bulleted List Of Benefits Of Your Course.
It is important that you provide the benefits and not the features of your course here. You need to answer the WIIFM (what's in it for me) question here.
4. A Simple Opt-In Form
I have found that by sticking to just the name and email of a subscriber increases the opt-in rates.
Optional elements of the squeeze page include adding audio and video, images and information about privacy and CAN-Spam compliance. I would recommend that you create a number of different pages where people can opt-in and then measuring which provides the best rate of sign ups. Once you have this best page you can then change one element of it across multiple pages and keep doing this, thereby always improving your sign up rates.
I would also recommend that you build a second page which will be the page that your subscriber is forwarded to after they subscribe to your list. This way you can tell them to check their email and click the verification link to confirm their subscription. This way you can also have an immediate chance of selling something - and although the buy rate may not be as good as when your list knows you, this may pay for your advertising costs.
Related Tags: email marketing, list building, how to build a list
You can grab my ecourse and guide for free and learn how to set up and build a profitable list from day one list building
Get your hands on my FREE brand new Article Marketing CourseYour Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Building Your List - 10 Tips On Finding Blogs To Drive Tarffic To Your Blog And Build Your List
One of the best ways to increase traffic, readership, and opt-ins to your blog is through other blog
- List Building - The "Secret" To Making Money In An Internet-Enabled Market
You have been told countless times that one of the "secrets" to making money online is to own an opt
- Exchange Link
There are various ways to become popular in life and it is always an advantage to your business if y
- $7 Reports For Better Mailing Lists And Online Empire Building
In any business, your most valuable asset is your customer list. Online, this translates to your mai
- 3 Killer List Building Techniques to Get More Subscribers Immediately
Many ezine publishers have been trying to get more opt-ins by testing many different methods, and if
- Online List Building Techniques Part II
When a visitor lands on your squeeze page they are made an offer. That can be a free ebook, an ecou
- Online List Building Techniques Part I
If you are not sure if online list building techniques are relevant to you, keep this in mind. Inte
- List Building Tips - 3 Cutting Edge List Building Tips
Many people who are new to doing business on the internet are in need of good list building tips in
- Top Reasons that List Building can Help You Make More Money
When it comes to attracting visitors and customers to your website, you may be at loss as to what to
- Silent Profit Machine - An Honest Review
If you pay attention to the internet marketing world, by now you've probably heard of Alok Jain's "S
Most viewed articles in this category:
- List Building - How do You Correct Dropping Email Open Rates?
How do you correct this? The answer is simple: improve the quality of your free gift. But you must
- List Building Techniques for Increasing Subscriber Responsiveness
So what are my techniques?1) Send free offers. Just send an email with the subject line: "A free
- List Building And The Successful Entrepreneur
Obviously as an entrepreneur you want to be successful but what if I told you that you are probably
- Verify Bulk Email Lists
The internet has changed the world. Internet access has put so many conveniences at our fingertips.
- List Building - How to Structure Your Email Campaign
How you structure your email campaign is critical to the level of income you will make from your ema
- List Building: You Can Build Your List Around Any Business
People often ask me, "How relevant is your list building instruction for professionals who sell our
- List Building With the Best Possible Prospects
"The Money is in the List"You've probably read that statement or heard it thousands of times if you
- Internet Marketing with a Opt In List Building Purpose for a Profit
Internet marketing with a list building focus for long term online income is one of the most amazing
- Four Means to Building a Killer List
When working on a killer mailing list to help forward your marketing needs, there are a few things y
- How To Gain Trust In a Hurry To Get More Opt In Subscribers To Your Newsletter List!
People who subscribe to your email list want to hear from you. They want more information about your