Finance & Investment Education Investment Student Finance Advice
Anyone can identify with the heavy strain placed on a student's finances. Besides paying for school, many undergrads and those pursuing further education have countless responsibilities and financial obligations to fulfill. Though part-time jobs can cover small expenses, bills and student loan payments can really add up. All students should keep these tips in mind:
- Apply for financial aid early. Make sure you research when the cut off date is and put in your government application in as soon as it's allowed.
- Pay a visit to your campus financial aid office. Many a times, there are scholarships available that you may not have known existed.
- Keep track of small purchases, such as your weekly spends at Starbucks or dinners out. If you find a significant amount of your cash flow is going to one place, try to reduce it slowly.
- Don't borrow more than you can pay back: both from friends, parents or credit card companies.
- Shop around for student-friendly banks. Many campuses have in-house banks with flexible account options for students.
- Buy used textbooks for your classes. You may not save a whole lot, but you'll reduce some of your semester expenses.
- Consider signing up for a student credit card, with added benefits and savings.
Many student credit cards offer great cash back bonuses, such as the Discover Student Monogram Card. StarReviews.com reports that this particular student credit card provides 5% back on qualifying purchases, as well as the opportunity to double your rewards at participating merchants.
The Discover Student Tropical Beach card doesn't charge an annual fee, either, which is a popular perk of many student credit cards. Custom credit cards and all, any student should monitor their spending habits to prevent any financial fiascos from occurring.
Kelly Liyakasa is staff writer for StarReviews.com, a site dedicated to giving YOU, the consumer, the best product and web service reviews around. If you like saving time and money by having someone else review leading sites and products, then Visit our site at StarReviews.com.
Related Tags: student credit cards, student debt, money tips, student finance, student loan advice
Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Sbi Best Sip Plans 2010
SBI Mutual funds have introduced many mutual schemes. Each scheme has different limitations. SBI SIP
- Icici Sip Plans 2010 - Best Sip Plans
ICICI Prudential offers many schemes. These fund schemes have SIP. What is SIP? SIP's expansion is S
- Determining Where To Invest Money
There are several kinds of investments, also you will find numerous factors to find out where to inv
- Retirement Plans A Necessity Of Life
A person works whole life to give a decent upbringing to his children and families. But while improv
- Stock Market Timing Signals
Follow the PlanThis would seem a statement of common sense, but the fact of stock market timing sign
- A Selection Of Financial And Investment Strategy Guidelines For Turning A Profit
Yet, we don't often have the money to leave work right at this moment. We need a constant salary to
- Find Out The Profitable Way To Invest In Small Cap Stocks
Everyone wants to find a penny stocks list or other investment strategies that can turn your literal
- Portfolio #4 - Watergate
IntroductionThe problem is not that the world is running out of water. No, the problem is that drink
- Dulton Group: Information Content Of Dividends
Dulton Group helps you to analyze the information content of dividends, an important factor affectin
- Coping With Fear In A Markets
The real fact is that all traders, investors as well as stock market investors, who feel afraid, occ
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Investor Stress: A New Approach
George Muzea is both an investor and a stock market advisor. In any given month, he will be paid $10
- Real Estate Investment Financing
1. Location: Your real estate investment's location is arguably the most important component of your
- Canadian Oil Sands - Who Are the Major Players
The Canadian oil sands represent one of the most lucrative investment opportunities to oil and gas i
- Why Bulk Preconstruction?
Bulk preconstruction is the latest trend in secure, high profit real estate investing. By buying wit
- Investing - It Is Not As Scary As You Think
Many people want to have more money - OK everyone does. However, most people don't know how to go a
- How Do I Know Which Programs Are Scams?
Although it is virtually impossible to tell if a HYIP is a scam until the moment when they stop payi
- Currency Trading Success - 6 Tips to Increase your Profits
If you want to increase your profit potential and achieve currency trading success then the simple t
- The Business Cycle
Investors who want to beat the market should be followers of the business cycle. The business cycle
- Pros and Cons of Real Estate
Like any other profession, there are good and bad things about what are available. Each of the thin
- The Fixer Upper
Real estate investing has become almost a national pastime. Millions are made every year on the buyi