If You Have One Of These People-You Are Happy-If You Don't-You Can Grow Them
While I was waiting I had a chance to observe this particular pharmacy's "Rock of Gibraltar, White Knight, Unsung Hero" in action.
Nearly every business has one of these individuals in their organization. This person is usually where the action is hottest. Whenever there is a fire, they show up with the fire extinguisher, a quick fix and a word of encouragement. They then move on to the next one and then the next one. Seamless and quick, never stopping, their whole day is one of accomplishment and satisfaction.
This particular individual never stopped the entire time I was waiting. Between answering the phone, talking with customers who were waiting and moving the line, this "production specialist" was every bit professional and friendly even though he never stopped for one second.
If you have an opportunity to grow one of these individuals, I highly recommend it. You can spot this person early in their career by watching for a few clues that this could be your "production specialist."
1. They do a little bit more than asked. They take a little bit more pride in what they do.
2. They volunteer.
3. They stay late and arrive early.
4. They don't complain.
5. They ask for additional duties.
These are a few signals that this person may be the next Division Manager, Vice President, CEO and Owner. They get it. They understand that every day is a chance to be a little more, do a little more, become a little more. When they show up, it's all in. And these people make the Vice President, CEO and Owner look good.
If you can grow them in your organization, that's even better. By spotting personnel that take a little pride in what they do and gradually building them through goal setting and cheerleading, you can have an entire organization of "Rocks, Knights and Heroes."
It finally came time for me to leave with my prescription, and as I walked out I glanced back at the Unsung Hero. He had barely paused for breath and was already moving on to the next customer. Smoothly, seamlessly, tirelessly.
Related Tags: study, change, training, attitude, service, positive, customer, skill, rock, knight, hero, definition, shining
Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- How To Make A Complaint About An Estate Agent
While many estate agents are honest, hard working and will provide an excellent service when it come
- Learning How To Build Your Website Through Online Web Builders
Web hosting is being offered by a lot of companies nowadays. Because of this, an average person with
- Meet Your Merchant Prccessor
Getting to know your High Risk Credit Card Processing better. By educating yourself on the process o
- What Do Customers Really Want?
Do you run a business that relies on loyal customers? If so, then you will undoubtedly have steered
- Way To Save Money On When You Move Your Home
Everybody wants to save money on each deal of spending money be it small expenditure area or big. Ho
- Is It Practical To Dwell And Wander Full-time In A Camper?
Full time wandering in an rv is largely unknown style of living I happened across about a year befor
- Make Checklist For Your Moving - Have Hassle-free Experience
Moving into your dream home is really an exciting experience but the process of move is nobody's dre
- Tag Heuer Look To The Future Whilst Celebrating Their Past
For any top watchmaker, a major anniversary is a time to look back through its history, relive its t
- Good Tips For Home Shifting
Moving or relocating from one place to another can be how stressful and chaotic I known well. We mov
- Beat The Breakdown Blues!
More often than not, car problems occur at an inconvenient place at a more inconvenient time. There
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Take Your Customer Service Dept From 'Cost Saving & Cost Reduction' To High Profit & Business Growth
The more communication I have with people involved in telephone service and sales, such as Contact/C
- How The Humble Telephone Will Build Your Business
So, we're heading for tough times! Why? Because if we are told something often enough (by opposition
- Customer Service - More Than 100 Surefire Ways to Lose Your Customers
Some people are saying that customer service is the pits these days with surly sales people leading
- Creative Ideas for Customer Waiting Rooms
Customer waiting rooms are the doorway to your business. Over recent years an effort has been made t
- Have A Nice Day
Service sure does come with a smile, but sometimes with a great deal of understanding.Recently, look
- Monitor, Measure and Manage Your Arbitrary Customer Service Reps
I walked into Ikea for the third time in two days, not to shop but to return a non-matching wood ott
- Building Customer Loyalty: Make Your Customers Come Back
One of the toughest parts of running a small business is building customer loyalty. Unlike big compa
- One Thing That Will Turn Customers Into Advocates And Build Long Term Loyalty
Let's be perfectly honest - there is an awful lot of hype and hoopla being delivered about customer
- Customer Complaint - A Complete Job Review
As like any other person who works in a customer service job, I surely get to see my fair share of c
- Calming "Customonsters" and Other High-Maintenance Customers
Calming "Customonsters" and Other High-Maintenance Customers Who Want What They Want When They Want