How to Get Your Articles Read - 6 Top Tips
This does not happen by accident; articles have to be written to be read. It's just a matter of making them good. Making a good article doesn't have to be protracted and laborious. There are just some points you need to remember and some guidelines to follow. Once you get the hang of it, writing articles could be fun, as well as profitable for you and your site.
Of course, it is easiest to write articles about something you know about already, rather than having to spend a long of time investigating a new subject. That's why, if you own a site, you are probably knowledgeable about that certain topic and theme. When you write about that topic, you shouldn't find it difficult to decide on the subject and information you will write about. It's then just a matter of making your articles creative and interesting.
To make sure that your articles get read and enjoyed, here are six top tips to get your articles read:.
1) Use short paragraphs. If paragraphs are too long, the words get jumbled in the mind of the reader just looking at it, especially when reading on screen. It can get quite confusing and too much like hard work to read. The reader will just quickly disregard the paragraph and move on to easier reading – articles that are good to look at as well as read. Paragraphs can be a single sentence, sometimes even a single word!
2) Make use of numbers or bullets. As each point is stressed, numbers and bullets can quickly make the point easy to see, remember and digest. As each point, tip, guide or method is started with a bullet or new paragraph, readers will know that this is where the tips start. It's also good practice to format your bullets and numbers with indentations so that your articles won't look like a single block of square paragraphs – it also adds a little bit of flair and pizzazz to your article's shape.
3) Use Sub-headings to sub-divide your paragraphs in the page. Using sub-headings breaks up the article and provides a logical progression for the reader; it also makes it easier for the reader to move from one point to another with smooth and easy transition. If you can master this, you will never lose your readers' attention and they will be able to grasp your point easily.
4) Provide a good attention-grabbing title or header. If your title can appeal to a person's curiosity you're already halfway to getting them to read your article. Use statements and questions that utilize keywords that people are searching for. Provide titles or headers that describe your article's content concisely and briefly.
You can generate interest with titles that reach out to people's emotions, like, "Tips on making her want you more", or "How to make her swoon and blush".You could also use titles that can command people, for example, "Make her yours in six easy Ways".
5) Keep them interested from the start to the finish. From your opening paragraph, use interesting illustrations or real life situations that can be remembered easily by the reader. Use explicit descriptions and graphic metaphors to drive in your point, and make it easy for them to visualize what you are talking about. Don't take it too far, just do enough to make the experience pleasurable and enjoyable for them.
6) You will need to use statistics when needed as using specific facts and figures can improve the credibility and authority of your article. However, try not to make this potentially dry information too heavy, as that may impair the flow and readability of your article. Try to imagine that you are a friendly teacher explaining something to an eager student.
Related Tags: articles, backlinks, page rank, seo, linking, article writing, search engine optimisation
Nick Summers runs More Than Articles Article Directory, a directory dedicated to offering the best of the web's articles formatted the way you want them. Visit www.morethanarticles.com today for all your content requirements. Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- The Beginning of the Cataloging Code
The first significant cataloging code was published in 1841. The realization that cooperation and s
- In the Lap of the Gods 24
Life moved on. Lily became well liked by both students and staff because of her cheerful outlook on
- In the Lap of the Gods 23
Does fate decide the future? Is it all mapped out for us, predestined, or can we influence what com
- Write Your Memoir: How to Write About What Troubles You the Most
Everyone has a story to tell, and unfortunately those stories aren't always pleasant. What makes me
- How Crafty Word Order Can Instantly Improve Your Writing
by Philip Yaffe I am usually very reticent about offering writing tips. Unless they are linked to
- You Say Grandpa, I Say Deda
I was born with two grandmothers but only one grandfather. In nature's rules of familial supply and
- My Russian American Dichotomy
I was a Russian girl and an American teenager. I had no choice about the first but I tried very har
- In the Lap of the Gods 22
This is just an explanation for those who have read some of the other Chapters of, "In the Lap of t
- Write a Book: 8 Reasons You Should Do it
Studies have shown that 82% of people want to write a book, but few of these actually ever achieve
- Book Review: the Book of Common Prayer
Book Review: The Book of Common Prayer, "My carry-with-me copy is this size, and I recommend it for
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Real Estate Investment - Investing In Commercial Properties
As in any other type of investment, its obviously advisable to do your research well so that the pro
- Taking Care Of Acne Prone Skin With Proper Skin Care Products
Although acne has been largely associated with teeners and puberty, the condition is not only confin
- Do I Really Need Eight Hours Of Sleep Each Night?
What if you were told that there is no definitive answer for why we need to sleep? Your initial reac
- How to Improve Your FICO Credit Score
If you didn't know this already, having a good credit score is more important than having a lot of c
- 10 Tips for a Magnificent Memory
"Where did I leave my keys?" "What did I come in here for?" "Your glasses are on top of your head!"
- Things You Might Like To Know About Card Companies
If you have a regular income and are 18 or over then you may be able to get a credit card. You will
- Bad Breath in Babies and Toddlers
If your baby or toddler has had bad breath lately, not to worry. There are plenty of things you can
- Starving College Students No More
The majority of today's college students are extremely Internet savvy. In fact, many of those studen
- Cosmetic Surgery Financing: How Can You Get It?
Cosmetic surgery, a branch of plastic surgery, can be quite expensive, especially if you are plannin
- Article Marketing, Improve Your Ranking With Links
Article Marketing, without a doubt remains the best free formula for attracting website traffic. At