Signs of Anorexia
All types of media information advices the population more and more often to eat healthy and exercise daily to avoid obesity and other nutritional issues. Still, the message seems to be misunderstood as many persons, especially young girls become obsessed with loosing weight and counting calories; this is the negative part of the media tendencies and leads to the apparition of many eating disorders and dangerous physical and emotional consequences.
The most common and vital symptom of anorexia seems to be the irrational and uncontrolled fear of weight gain and body fat. This is however associated also with the will to become thinner and thinner even while loosing normal weight and becoming underweight.
Patients suffering from anorexia deny their problems and refuse to see the danger they expose their body to. These persons are usually very preoccupied with calories, fat grams and weight and become often angry and irascible when help is offered. The constant denial of having a major eating disorder turns into a difficult disease and also leads to a separation of the person from the society that is willing to help.
Warning signs of Anorexia seem sometimes very hard to observe as patients do their best to hide and deny any symptom or sign of their condition. They make huge efforts to avoid their family and friends to observe something is wrong as they are certain they are very fat, must loose weight and no one can help.
Anorexia patients refuse to keep at least a minimal accepted weight for their own age and height and become dramatically thinner every day; this is associated with a poor self image and low self respect. They seem to find excuses every time for skipping meals, eat very few foods only with little calories, weigh frequently and are attentive to the smallest weight change. The tendency of wearing large clothes is due to the need of hiding their body, excessive obsessive training program occupies a lot of time in their lives. Time is also controlled by the need of looking carefully into the mirror, looking for flaws.
Anorexia sufferers find excuses for skipping gatherings implying food and continuously complain about how fat they are. The most dramatic physical signs of the condition are low sexual appetite in men and irregular menstrual periods in women.
The two basic types of anorexia are:
1. Classic restrictive Anorexia involves very little calorie intake and excessive rapid weight loss. The food income is mostly insufficient to maintain normal vital functions.
2. Purging Anorexia works through self induced vomiting and excessive use of laxatives. This is called bulimic anorexia and associate low food intake with the need of purging after meals. Most patients with anorexia develop symptoms of additional bulimia.
For more information about anorexia or even about girls with anorexia please click this link http://www.anorexia-center.com/girls-with-anorexia.htm
Related Tags: anorexia, girls with anorexia
For more information about anorexia or even about girls with anorexia please click this link http://www.anorexia-center.com/girls-with-anorexia.htmYour Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Dental Insurance For Individual Can Be Of Help At Time
Dental problem may cost one a lot of money and pain. But, practicing a reasonable care could decreas
- Personal Trainer For Perfect Health
There is a general misconception that need for a fitness trainer comes for novice or from those who
- Varicose Veins - Causes, Symptoms, Treatment
The majority of people after thirty notice the changes that appear with the maturing. In this case t
- Scenar Therapy - Self-treatment Or Healing Partnership
Do you want to learn about a device which will help you to ease your pain? If you get this kind of a
- Scenar - 5 "no, Nos" Of Scenar
Are you fed up with the pain in your body? Various parts of our body seem to ache due to different r
- Scenar Device - 5 Tips On Travelling With Your Scenar (skenar) Device
You might be aware of scenar which has become quite popular these days. This is actually the acronym
- Scenar Therapy - How To Treat Your Pet With Scenar
There are many alternative methods of treatment that are being invented these days. Lots of people a
- Your Options For The Treatment For Appendicitis
Appendicitis is considered to be a surgical illness. Due to its severe character, the treatment for
- How To Choose The Right Copd Medication
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or COPD does not have any cure. But with the help of medicines
- Septic Arthritis: Infectious Agents Penetrate Joints' Spaces
Another major type of arthritis is septic arthritis, which is also known in various terms like: pyog
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Drugs - the Last Alternative for Adhd in Kids
Anyone over the age of thirty who has grown up with ADHD understands that there was not much help av
- Foods To Eat To Gain Weight
Malnutrition has the same degree of problem as obesity. There are people who are too skinny, they fi
- Understanding Postpartum Clothing
The same way most pregnant women dream of the day when they will begin showing for wearing maternity
- Kegel Exercising for Bladder Control and Enhanced Sexual Pleasure
Kegel exercises strengthen the muscles of the pelvic floor, thereby improving the urethra and/or rec
- The Use Of Weight Loss Herbs
Nothing has garnered more attention in today's world than the success or failures of weight loss pro
- A Simple Acid Relux Cure
Many people today are afflicted with heartburn. If they eat food that is too spicy, they get heartbu
- Five Effective Household Back Pain Treatments
Back pain treatment comes in lots of forms, from exercise to pain mediction. Standard and most wides
- Herbal Remedies - Can They Cure What Ails You?
You've probably heard about herbal remedies before and how they can treat a variety of health proble
- Natural Relief for Tinnitus - What are your Choices
Natural Relief For Tinnitus - Alternative Options Did you know that there are an estimated 50 t
- Birthing Around the World
Since ancestral times, different cultures showed off different customs and beliefs around the miracl