A Review on: American Identity Crisis: A Democracy or a Republic?
The point Yecke is trying to make is that if the Americans had a sound knowledge of the Constitution, they would have been able to understand the very principles of a republican system working in their society; he suggests afterwards to have courses on the American Constitution in order for the youth at least to reshape their understanding of their political system.
The method he has made use of in writing his paper is one of high frequency in the field: comparative analysis. He compares two concepts within a historical context, which evidences his claims rigorously. His data seems to be collected from second-hand sources, documents and books. However, his references to the Constitution make it clear that he has also made use of first-hand documents as well. He has made expansive use of literature survey in the process of data-collection. His well-argued paper gives the common man a deep knowledge of the differences between the two concepts of democracy and republic, by exampling and quoting heartily. Overall, it is an informative paper for those who lack any full knowledge of the American Constitution and helps them out.
Related Tags: identity, republic, us constitution, liberalism
http://www.amexp.org/news/op-eds/2005-08-14.phpYour Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Third Term - The Obasanjo Syndrome ... Ambition and the Place of God
I recently read a post in a blog (multibrand.blogspot.com) concerning President SBY of Indonesia amb
- Black Veterans Still Not Receiving Their Due
With a Black President, many discussions have been re-kindled regarding the treatment of Blacks in v
- Are Green Party Candidates Converting Voters?
Have you noticed that the Green Party Convention is hosting a few training sessions which include th
- The National Debt: Young Americans Are Inheriting a Sinking Ship
The greatest fundamental weakness of the United States of America is its national debt. Debt weighs
- America Must Return to Its Free Market Roots
The United States is the most prosperous country in the world. Its economy has been a constant engin
- Policies Of President Obama And Democratic Congress Severely Undermine Job Opportunities For Young Americans
For Young Americans, this is the worst job market in decades. Despite politicians claiming we are on
- The Virtues Of A Limited Federal Government And Why America Must Return To The Limited Federal Republic Laid Out In The Constitution
I consider the foundation of the Constitution . . . that 'all powers not delegated to the United Sta
- Young Americans Have Largest Stake In Maintaining A Strong Military And Effective Homeland Security Policies
Americans are truly blessed to live in a country protected by the most powerful and effective milita
- Why Hitler Wanted To Ban Guns
Whenever the name Adolf Hitler is mentioned one automatically makes a connection to the Holocaust, N
- What Happened To The Mohave County Downwinders?
I always get a bit frustrated when I hear that the reason Mohave County was excluded from the Radiat
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Designer Shoes Come First In Global Poll Of Most Wanted Accessories
For both men and women, shoes have long been an essential fashion item. In fact, many women in popul
- New US Ambassador for Indonesia Named
The US government has appointed Cameron R. Hume as the next ambassador to Indonesia, reliable source
- 1984 By George Orwell
1984 by George Orwell In the book "1984" Orwell criticizes totalitarianism of all types and brings
- Chaos Theory: Bush's delusions & Iraq's destiny (Part 2)
The classic counter-insurgency strategy of the US consists of the "ink-blotch" approach. This involv
- Will Israel Attack Iran (Part 2)
In November of last year, I wrote an article speculating about whether or not the Israelis would tak
- Rodrigues Island 'autonomy'
Rodrigues Island: 'Autonomy' The first few pages were qui
- Obama Is Coming, Clear The Way!
"Obama biro, yawne yo!" (Obama is coming, clear the way)—Tens of thousands of cheering Luo "Tr
- African Tribes
African Tribes In this article the economies and lifestyles of such African tribes as the Lele and
- This Is Not Your Dad's Republican Party Anymore
Stock markets are strange because they reflect the sum total of all our hopes, fears and prejudices
- How to Drastically Reduce our Foreign Oil Dependency While Saving you Money at the Pump
If you watch or listen to the news, discussions come up all the time about the price of a barrel of