The Basics of Becoming Yourself
You are an incredible spirit of divine perfection, the same composition as God. Creator is an ocean and you are a drop of water in that ocean. You carry within you the exact components and properties of the entire ocean. You are made of God, in the reflection of God, and God is in you.
This does not mean that you are God (as a drop of water is not the ocean) or that God takes on a human form as a woman or man (as the ocean is not a drop of water). It means that your spirit, which is housed in your body, is part of a giant whole we refer to as Great Spirit. God has many names: Great Spirit, All That Is, Mother/Father, Great Mystery, Allah, and Lord. All are interchangeable. In fact, everything is made up of the same energy. All things-every tree, rock, grain of sand, gust of wind, drop of water, animal, insect, bird, planet, star-are expressions of the divine, and we are all interconnected in a divine and profound way.
The universe is unlimited, and, if you choose to explore it, you will awaken to a whole new way of knowing-a whole new way of being. Spirit is available to all people at equal levels; there is no "better than," or "more deserving." The choice to raise your consciousness means to broaden your awareness, open up to new possibilities, step out of your comfort zone, and allow information other than what you already "know."
The following basic truths are unifying principles I have learned in my work with the spirits. They present concepts about healing and working with energy. Throughout this book I cite case histories and suggest how you might apply them to your own life to enhance your process of healing and well-being. I guarantee that if you make them a part of your daily life, your life will change accordingly.
Anyone, at any time, can make choices for happiness and for healing. This includes you. Read the following truths and begin to ask how they might affect your life.
1. God loves and values you unconditionally.
2. You are first and foremost a spirit-a soul having an earth experience. This earth-walk is but one fraction of your being.
3. Your spirit has a divine purpose.
4. You agreed to forget previous existence. This makes becoming enlightened a quality of remembering who you are. Remembering is embracing this reality and then making the necessary changes in your life to reflect this truth. Respect, honor, compassion, and reverence for all life are necessary components for the path to awareness.
5. You are here on earth to experience, to co-create with Creator, and to remember. If you do nothing more from this point on in your personal growth, you will achieve two out of the three before you die. You will experience and you will co-create. You cannot help it. It is happening every second of every day. It will, however, take a conscious decision to remember. It is a conscious decision to awaken, to grow spiritually, to become.
6. Walking the spiritual path means that you made a decision to seek the truth of who you are. The quality of life that you live is strictly a matter of choice. You may choose to live your life at any level of awareness; all are honored and respected; nothing is judged.
7. The universe is continually offering opportunities, opening doors, and answering prayers. You can choose to be conscious and awaken to these offerings.
8. Judgments, punishments, opinions of right and wrong or good and bad are human concepts. These concepts are illusions that hide the perfection of the soul. Judgments and punishments do not exist in the spirit world.
Life is the journey of becoming, a continual cycle of evolving from one lifetime to the next. What you do not achieve in this lifetime, you will achieve later. You choose the rate at which you evolve. To follow the spiritual path is a choice and a matter of readiness, but it offers phenomenal rewards. It is a completely personal experience; no two existences unfold in the same manner. As the spirits constantly remind me, everyone participating in the earth-walk will eventually come to complete consciousness. It is only a matter of when.
Our job as humans is to clear ourselves of the many judgments we hold toward others and ourselves. Judgments are what most often get in the way of personal growth. When a person directs judgments toward others, it usually indicates personal feelings of inadequacy, unworthiness, low self-esteem and lack of self-love. Judgments can cause fear, hatred, arrogance, war, greed, anger, blame, jealousy, pain, and loneliness-the psychological disorders of the human experience. They are often imprinted heavily and cloud the reality of one's own being, which creates tremendous fear. Judgments have nothing to do with truth or the perfection of the soul.
Spirit does not pressure you to change, because you are loved unconditionally for all of eternity. The urge for change is a pressure you feel from within-your own soul urging you to create a better life. Happiness, peace, deep joy, and a closer connection to Source are all available to you. Something has encouraged you to ask questions, to seek, to pick up spiritual material. If your life is not being lived from a place of fullness, love, spontaneity, passion, sensuality, and divine joy, then you probably need to make some changes in your life in order to attain these qualities.
Related Tags: energy, self help, healing, enlightenment, alternative, journey, oregon, reiki, portland, shaman, shamanic counselor, shamanic practitioner, gresham, jan engels-smith, journeying
Jan promotes self-healing, empowerment, better communities, a healthier world and conducts workshops for shamanism and journeying. Her book, Becoming Yourself is at http://www.janengelssmith.com . A Shaman, Jan has done two thousand soul retrievals. She is a water pourer, a pipe carrier, a minister, a shamanic Practitioner, a Reiki Master, a Licensed Counselor, a Chemical Dependency Specialist, a Hypnotherapist, and a Marriage and Family Counselor. Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- The Unused Power
Ever wondered what would have already been accomplished on this earth if only a handful of people ha
- How Horoscope / Astrology Does Affect A Person's Happiness
When we speak about happiness, it reflects on two variations. One as an emotion like being happy or
- Using The Internet For God
Do you have a Christian product, service or message that you would like to inexpensively advertise a
- Get The Latest Catholic Church Mass Times Now On The Internet
Get to know the Catholic Church Mass Times through the Internet. It is generally obligatory to atten
- Horoscope Compatibility For Libra, Capricorn, Sagittarius
According to psychic readings, people under this horoscope signs are somewhat different and somewhat
- Know Your Life Through Psychic And Clairvoyance!
Having psychic and clairvoyant readings done from professionals is the best way to know the flaws th
- Astrology/horoscopes: Why People Love Astrology
Astrology/horoscopes is the study of celestial body movement. Astrologers believe that the movement
- Benny Hinn: India Healing Crusade
Benny Hinn recently conducted a healing crusade in India that drew one of the largest crowds ever. P
- Sun, Moon, Ascendants Sign In Birth Chart Wheel
The Ascendant signs or the rising sign - is the zodiacal sign and degree that was ascending on the e
- Zodiac Sign Gemini And Its Houses Description
Understanding Zodiac is not that difficult at all, determining your reading for the said subject doe
Most viewed articles in this category:
- No Sign in the Prayer Test
The recent release of the Richard Dawkins book, "The God Delusion", has brought renewed accusations
- Bible Versus Quran Versus Sciences Array (2) the Bees
Before dealing with the topic of the Bees in Quran versus Bible versus sciences, it is mandatory to
- Understanding the Heart
(If you wish to more benefit from this article, please read first our "The Alems" titled article.
- Christian Dating vs Courtship
Over the past decade, or so, It's become popular in modern churches to use the concept of courtship
- Bible Versus Quran Versus Sciences, Array (19) the Birds
The issues concerning the Birds in the Bible are:1) The Birds are Detestable and intolerable, 2) The
- Starting the Wealth Process
Luke 6:38 KJV Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken togethe
- Dissolving the Illusion of Fear
Webster defines fear as unpleasant emotions cause by expectation or awareness of danger. However,
- Crossing Paths with a Whistleblower
Mordechai Vanunu grew up in an Orthodox Jewish home but abandoned the faith by his mid teens. He bec
- Conspiracy Madness
In connection with the WTC disaster there are conspiracy theories that have been proposed. Such as t
- How You Dream Your World Into Existence
Reality is not real. It is a dream. This is not a metaphorical statement. On the quantum level of