Free Article Taking Care Of Dubai's Heritage
With tourism on Dubai government's top agenda, heritage sites are going to play a crucial role in its further promotion. Tourists flock Dubai with a desire of experiencing the magnificent blend of ethnic Arab and modern day infrastructure they have been witnessing to and listening about from various media outlets. They wish to have the firsthand experience of its cultural diversity now that Dubai has been recognised all over the world for very long. And there is no better a way to offer them what they will be looking forward to by preserving some of Dubai's past as it is. This will also fulfil to the wishes of Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan, in keeping up Dubai's Arab roots alive.
This exercise is harder accomplishing than said though. Dubai's economic turnaround has ensured, the city will keep experiencing multifaceted growth. It will put immense pressure on the existing infrastructure, as plans for the city's modernization keep unfolding on a regular basis. It will specially endanger some precious blocks of architecture that were built prior to 1960 and are still erected up there. Many of these concrete blocks have a very distinct Arabian flavour, which is what perhaps Sheikh Zayed wanted to speak about. The city of Dubai has dramatically expanded since the 1960s, and most of its previous existence has slowly diminished in the process.
Some observers say that the eye-catching blocks of Bastakia by Dubai Creek have to be thankful to Prince Charles for remaining intact, as the prince had objected to their planned demolition some years ago while being on an official visit to the emirate. Bastakia carries some precious signatures of the past with a plethora of traditional wind-tower houses and shady courtyards. The rest could be called a history in making now, as Bastakia gets renowned for its heritage value. It does not only provide the tourists and filmmakers with an opportunity for getting excited about, but also extends a great deal of information to the historians as well.
The UAE's government is now planning to come up with a law, which once passed will prevent any acts of changes or demolition of historic buildings inside the country. Any buildings constructed prior to1960 will automatically fall under the "historic" segment. About 1,200 buildings are estimated to be declared protected under the new legislation in the entire of UAE. Some people are demanding for the limit of 1960 to be brought down to 1975, so that more traditional houses could be saved in the due course. This seems to be a little too optimistic demand from the administration however, to have any positive opinion about.
Pankaj Mohan is a freelance writer who often writes on behalf of MyDubaiHotels.com. Take a look at this site to learn more about the top rated Dubai hotels available today. Do also get information on the cheap range of hotels Dubai may have in store for you.
Related Tags: dubai accommodation, dubai hotels, dubai travel, dubai beach hotel, hotels dubai, duibai holidays, dubai cheap hotels, dubai discounted hotels
Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Current Affairs Articles - How to Get on Google's Major 10 Record
A issue I generally asked by new customers is why some internet sites rank larger on Yahoo than othe
- Christianity Articles - Prophets are not God's PR men - Evangelism is not cheerleading
Andy Warhol may have been slightly off when he said everyone is allowed their fifteen minutes of fam
- Internet Articles - Web of Intent
It has been a while since I have written a general interest piece and my reasons for not doing so
- Christianity Articles - Ways to Proceed with Hope
Onward and upward in the new decade From Paul's letter to the Philippians Chapter 3 verses 12
- Advice Articles - Activate your gifts in the new decade
In Two Timothy Chapter 1 verse 5 through 7 read as follows from the NIV version of the Bible: 5
- Current Affairs Articles - Shopping For A Great MP3 Or MP4 Player
Electronics wholesalers carry are so numerous, and sometimes the techie mumbo jumbo used to describe
- Entertainment Articles - Bachelorette Party New York
If you are planning a bachelorette party New York style in the months of December thru the month of
- Real Estate Articles - Where Are Real Estate Values Going Now?
At the moment (late 2009), it seems that real estate values may have stopped falling finally. Are th
- Food & Beverages Articles - India has emerged as one of the fastest growing markets for wine on the global map
Indian Wine Industry Forecast to 2012 report ( http://www.bharatbook.com/Market-Research-Reports/Ind
- Christianity Articles - The Three Rs of Prophetic Warning - Old Time Stuff that still Works Today
Due to the emphasis on the R sound (phoneme) in reading, writing and arithmetic early American pione
Most viewed articles in this category:
- The Men and Women of Lost
Maybe you've never seen the excellent television series Lost, or maybe you've only recently become h
- Why Universal Health Care Could be a Conservative Republican's Dream
Republicans, conservative Republicans in particular, have been notoriously resistant to the idea of
- Christian Spiritual Current Affairs Hitchens is not Great: The Poison of Pride
In the sixties one of the more hackneyed slogans of the time was from Friedrich Nietzsche's Joyo
- Finance & Investment Investment Current Affairs Investment Politics 2008: What's (left) In Your Wallet?
The parade of promises is marching down Main Street. For too many months to come, politicians
- Health Consumer Current Affairs How Drug Research Is Distorted
Do you think that the drug research done by pharmaceutical companies is honest? Think ag
- Christian Spiritual Current Affairs U.S. and EU Strengthen Ties - Prophecy Train Tops the Grade
With nearly every major facet of second coming prophecy falling into place in the last forty yea
- Christian Entertainment Current Affairs Spiderman and other Hollywood Heroes Save America from Repression
The "Marxism" America withstood at its front door for sixty years has donned a new costume and n
- Christian Blogs Current Affairs Christophobes - The New American Bullies
Phobias are fears. The list of phobias in American culture is growing by leaps and bounds. Chris
- Education Family & Parenting Current Affairs Choices In Education
Choices in Education Today it seems more and more like mainstream education is invol
- Fashion & Cosmetics Consumer Current Affairs Men in Sheepskin Boots
Back to www.lfaboots.comSince the ugg phenomena hit the UK I have been wearing sheepskin boots