Business Law - Ethic of the Business
State Business Licensing Laws States license people in certain professions, such as lawyers, doctors, and accountants. Your state might also require a license for certain other businesses such as barbers or real estate agents. You should check with your state to find out if your business requires a state license or permit. Selling certain products including alcohol and lottery tickets might also require a state license.
Your municipality might require a license or permit for your business. Check with your city or town to find out about zoning laws to ensure that you are allowed to conduct business in a particular building like your home or the storefront you rent. If you are involved in retail sales, you will also have to pay state and local sales tax. Depending on your city, this could be done at the state level or both the city and state levels.
Related Tags: company, business, law, business law, ethic, company law, company setup
For more articles, check out my webpage at webmoneymaking.googlepages.comYour Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Know The Basics Of International Business Gift Giving
Businessmen would agree that in the business world, giving gifts once in a while can never be avoide
- Investigation Interview Technique: Surveys
Surveys are a great way to gather information during investigation witness interviews. Surveys save
- Mitigating Fraud Through Company Hiring Practices
A quarter of the fraud cases included in the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners 2008 Report to
- Preventing Sexual Harassment In The Workplace
Organizations are responsible for creating a safe work environment, free from sexual harassment. Sex
- Cost Effective Internal Investigation Tools
Businesses cannot afford the costs associated with workplace theft, lawsuits and unproductive proces
- Rent To Own Statutes Affecting Your Business
Although the judiciary, symbolized by a blindfolded woman holding a balance, is supposed to be impar
- How To Balance Friends And Work
Friends and work can both be personally fulfilling. However the social networks and acquaintances th
- The Pros And Cons Of Corruption
Corruption runs against the grain of meritocratic capitalism. It skews the level playing-field; it i
- Ethical Lockpicking
Robert Campbell, a locksmith who owns Advantage Locksmith in New York City, answers some ethical que
- Trend Watch: The Real Deal
DefinitionTransparency walks the divide between honesty and an unapologetic attitude in the search f
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Difference Between Online And Offline Stock Trading
The introduction of the Internet has surprisingly changed our way of life as a society. It has defin
- Does Personality Matter When Running a Business?
In order to run a business you need to have the ability to handle one. You must have certain qualiti
- Credibility - Without It You're NOWHERE
Internet marketers, when making a list of the things they think they need in order to successfully r
- CEO Compensation And Pay - Are Millions Of Dollars Justifiable
Many workers and consumers distrust CEOs (in part due to recent scandals like at Enron) and believe
- Jest Practices: Best Practices for Humor in the Workplace
Most agree that humor in the workplace can have beneficial effects. Yet not all humor is good humor.
- Ethics And Business-What About Civic Responsibility?
The question whether business and ethics are mutually inclusive remains to be one of the most contro
- Balancing the Needs of Customers and Shareholders in a Public Corporation
Many people say; It is All About Money when it comes to big corporations. Well yes, that is their jo
- The Dilemma of Nanotechnology - Science vs. Ethics
What is Nanotechnology and why should I care about it?Nanotechnology, referred to commonly as molecu
- What Are You Selling?
This has been on my mind for sometime. You see, we all have dreams, we all need money, but how are w
- Laugh and the Work World Laughs With You
Many of today's work environments are rife with moody bosses and co-workers, repetitive tasks and un