Ways to Draw Crowds to Your Tradeshow Booth
Well, not exactly. With tens of thousands of square feet of tradeshow floor and hundreds of competing tradeshow exhibits, prospects finding their way to your company's tradeshow booth can be an overwhelming challenge.
Fortunately, there are proven ways to get crowds to your tradeshow booth.
According to Elaine Cohen, Founder/President of Live Marketing in Chicago, you need to be imaginative and pro-active to stimulate tradeshow exhibit traffic. You will need to design a fully integrated crowd-gathering campaign for success in getting visitors to your tradeshow exhibit. Once there, you need to educate them, connect them with a sales representative, and get them to take a desired action.
Cohen sites an example of a crowd-gathering tradeshow campaign that she designed to produce highly successful results for Purina Pro Plan(r) at the National Dog Show in Philadelphia in 2005. The campaign was titled "The Difference is Real --Real Meat, Real Commitment, Real Experts." The tradeshow live presentation was so successful that it was repeated at the Philadelphia's National Dog Show in 2006, and also at the 2006 Chicago Dog Show and the Detroit Kennel Club Show.
Cohen not only got people to Purina Pro Plan(r)'s booth, but had them actively involved once they were at the tradeshow booth: Here's what drew the visitors:
• The stage was set with banners at the entry to the tradeshow hall announcing Purina was the presenting sponsor of the show. Signage was displayed inside and outside the event venue. In addition, the tradeshow exhibit had the prime location at the hall entrance.
• High-energy music, visuals of great looking dogs and colorful signage drew tradeshow visitors' attention to the Purina Pro Plan tradeshow exhibit and theatre.
• A crowd-gatherer greeted visitors and directed them to the tradeshow exhibit by inviting them to learn how to get the most out of the show. People movers such as a presenter and a booth ambassador enticed people into the tradeshow booth and moved them from activity to activity. Visitors got insights into how their dogs can lead happy, healthy lives. Purina brought ten staff members to work the exhibit-brand specialists, experts and field sales people.
• A live theatre presentation featured a presenter who gave away complimentary Purina Pro Plan hats, and entries into a drawing to win a year's supply of Pro Plan food for their dog. Pro Plan Frisbees and dog food bag clips were awarded to those who answered questions. The audience eagerly participated.
• Many tradeshow visitors who wore their hats around the show floor were rewarded by being spotted by roving exhibit staffers. Those who were spotted received coupons.
The results were significant:
• 1,222 consumers experienced the live presentation over the 2-day show.
• 60-80 people participated per presentation, with many standing and sitting around the theatre area (the theatre had 30 seats). This exceeded the initial goal of 400 by over 300%. • 1,672 people completed all three activities.
• 2,000 Pro Plan hats were distributed.
• 100 Pro Plan hat wearers received $5.00 off coupons from Pro Plan spotters
• 1,000 Frisbees were given out.
• 3,500 coupons were distributed.
In order to have a successful tradeshow exhibit experience, therefore, you must have a plan in place to bring people to your tradeshow booth and also give them a good reason to spend time at your tradeshow booth-no matter whether your presentation is at the McCormick Convention Center in Chicago, the Kaiser Convention Center in Oakland, the Moscone Center in San Francisco, the Hannover Exhibition Center in Germany or the San Jose McEnery Convention Center.
Remember, the next time you exhibit at a tradeshow, by having pied pipers attract a crowd to your audience-focused, live tradeshow presentation, your tradeshow exhibit will become a crowd-pleaser.
Related Tags: trade show, trade show booth, trade show display, trade show exhibit, trade show graphic
Dick Wheeler is President of Professional Exhibits & Graphics, headquartered in Sunnyvale, California with showroom in Sacramento. Firm is full-service premiere trade show exhibit, graphics and management services company. http://www.proexhibits.comYour Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Is SEO Optimisation Important Today?
Those who have tried setting up their own websites know just how competitive the online market reall
- How to Shop Fearlessly, Look For Bargains, And Save Time and Money on the Web?
With the advent of online shopping, going to outlets and discount shopping centers may become an act
- Roll Up Stand Changing Vendor Booths
Most people have been to trade shows, home shows, state and county fairs and other places where ther
- Achieving Your Advertising Goals With a Roll Up Stand
Advertising is a common function of a business. However, it requires creativity and hard work to ens
- Trade Show Displays and Expos
Trade Shows and community business Expos provide a captive audience for your business, to get the wo
- How to Make Sure Your Newsletters Are Sent Out on Time
There are three key elements to making sure your newsletter is delivered on time: People, planning,
- Portable Displays - Trade Show Displays
Portable Displays are the best option for exhibitors when it comes to Trade Shows. Portable Displays
- Banner Displays - a Great Portable Display
Banner Displays are considered one of the most portable displays when used for trade shows. They com
- Small Business Reputation Management - Your Small Business Information Could be Wrong
Bad information could be out there circulating on the Internet this very minute about your business
- Eight Guidelines For Writing Newsletters That Engage Your Readers and Build Your Business
Want to write newsletters that engage your readers and help to build community? Whether you are a sm
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Adsense Is Making Me Rich
I want to talk to you about the power of Google AdSense and how you can use it to generate not hundr
- How to Increase Your Business Using the Esoteric Science of Radionics
As a small business owner, there are an amazing number of difficult skills I need to master so my bu
- 14 Top Lead Generation Tips
According to former Harvard Business School professor David Maister, typical marketing practices are
- More Marketing Dope
Direct marketing can make you very successful, but you’ve got to understand the basics. Here a
- The State Of Paid-To-Surf Programs Today
What a difference a year can make. 12 months ago, auto surf programs were at their peak. More an
- Should You Open Up An Ebay Store?
Ebay has provided some amazing opportunities for many people to earn online. This widely popular au
- Is Adsense A Good Idea?
For many webmasters, Google AdSense has become a great revenue generator. Since the program pays th
- The "Coat Of Arms" Revisited
Recently I listened to a interview with Mark Joyner and Gary Halbert about Gary's famous "Coat of Ar
- Brand Loyalty
It's a challenge getting consumers to remain loyal to a particular brand. Unlike the good old days w
- The Hottest Affiliate Ebooks Out in the Market Today!
Affiliate Project X is a great affiliate marketing ebook. Totaling only 50 pages you could have your