The Secrets of Remembering Your Dreams
We all dream. In fact we usually dream four to seven times each night. The total time we spend in our dream world is ninety to one hundred minutes. Imagine what that adds up to over a typical lifetime. The problem is that most of the time we simply don't remember what we dream about.
Within five minutes of waking it's reckoned that around fifty percent of your dream content will be forgotten. After ten minutes as much as ninety percent simply can't be remembered. But you can take steps to change this. By using the following tips your powers of dream recall will be boosted dramatically.
· You must ensure that you are prepared to dream. You need to create the right environment in which to enjoy your dreams. Ensure that you are comfortable in bed and that you are neither too hot nor too cold.
· There are certain things you must avoid, such as alcohol, drugs, and spicy food. These can all adversely affect your dreams and your ability to recall them. Also avoid big meals near to bedtime as they can cause digestive problems.
· You need to prepare your mind to dream. If you clearly state your intent to dream and to remember the content you will increase your chances of doing so. Learn to visualize yourself waking from a dream with a clear memory of what happened in the dream and being able to record all the images and symbols you have seen.
· Ensure that you have a means of recording your dreams. This need only be a note pad and pen or pencil, or you may find it useful to use a voice recorder of some sort. Make sure that they are kept at your bedside ready to use as soon as you wake up. And also remember the need to have a light or lamp to hand so that you can see what you are doing.
· Stick to a regular routine with a regular bedtime and wake-up time. This will be a great aid to successfully recalling your dreams. Use an alarm clock to reinforce the routine.
· REM sleep is the part of your dream cycle when you have your most significant dreams. This occurs several times during the night and it is recognised that waking quickly during this time greatly increases the chance of dream recall. Therefore a good habit to get into is setting your alarm for unusual times during the night. Your subconscious mind will soon get used to this and it will become part of your routine.
· It is vital that you learn to wake slowly. When you wake up lie still, keeping your eyes closed. Do not talk - it is a good idea to ask your sleep partner to allow you some "quiet time" when you wake up. Concentrate solely on remembering the dream content and block out all the other distracting matters you might normally start to think about. Asking yourself the question "what was I just dreaming about?" will help you to recall more clearly.
· You must write down everything you remember about your dream. Do not put it off until later as you will surely forget key images or symbols. So get writing, or recording, straight away.
· Sometimes you will have no clear recollection of your dreams. However, do not despair, as there are still methods you can use to promote recall. Continue to lie still with your eyes closed. Relax and simply examine the way you feel upon waking. What sort of mood are you in, what emotions were you feeling as you woke up. Ask yourself questions such as " What were you just thinking?" or "What are you feeling now?" Try to focus on your dominant emotion and write it down straight away.
· Unfortunately there are still going to be times when these methods produce nothing. The secret is to not worry about it. Just let it go because you can be sure that, once your mind is trained to recall your dreams, at some point during the day a clue will suddenly appear. You can boost the chances of this by being prepared to talk about your dream experiences. Also don't be afraid to daydream, as this will help train your subconscious mind to reveal its contents.
Follow these tips and you will soon start to see results. Practice these methods and within days you should see your dream recall improve.
Your dreams are expressions of the thoughts, feelings and emotions contained in your subconscious mind. They will feature symbolic representations of these facets of your inner self. Learning how to remember what happens in your dreams is the first step to being able to fully understand them. Get it right and a whole new world will open up to you. Your dreams can come true.
Related Tags: dreams, dream secrets, dream interpretation, interpretation of dreams, dream meanings, dream recall, remember your dreams, deam transformation, dream life, dream symbols
Tony Hall is the owner of T H I Marketing, publishers and marketers of self-improvement products. He has vast experience in business development and personal coaching. His latest work, "Dream Secrets Uncovered" deals with the subject of Dream Interpretation and can be found at the website, http://www.dreamsecretsuncovered.com Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- The Resurgence of Fred Perry Clothing
Summer might long be over and Wimbledon may be a distant memory, however the fashion is a year round
- Uncovering Men's Tank Tops
I don't know a thing about you, but I'll bet that you have worn a tank top. Tank tops have also been
- Make Use of Silk Scarves to Take Good Care of Your Skin
In the event you are new about silk scarves, you could never read about this particular feature of s
- Just For Men Scarves - the Preference For Guys in the Vogue Domain
If you are not certain what style of present you could provide for men, maybe you can consider men s
- Think Black Friday Shopping is Beyond Your Budget?
Moms who are juggling the bills and still trying to provide the perfect holiday gift to loved ones a
- How to Make Conscious Shopping Choices
Many people have heard the phrase "voting with your dollars" and they understand that it means your
- Silk Scarves - Unique Present Approach in Xmas Seasons
The most prevalent silk add-on is scarves, and many focus is presented on inspired designing on thes
- Benefits of an Aloe Vera Shampoo
A lot of people are not aware of the specific benefits that using an aloe vera shampoo can do to the
- How Effective is the Power of Your Subconscious Mind?
Most people are bombarded with this thought whenever they feel weak and wish to affect certain chang
- Silk Scarf - the Record For Human Being in the Style History
Throughout the 19th and 20th centuries the worldwide recognition of silk scarves developed dramatica
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Surf and Turf: the Race Track
Surf and Turf: The Race TrackOne of the favorite places for The G to hang out at, especially in Summ
- Are You Looking For Cholesterol Drugs Without Side Effect?
High cholesterol level is probably one of the widely spread complication among Americans. Almost for
- Friday the 13th could be a lucky day?
Friday the 13th sounds unlucky ? Traditional superstition ? And a lot of people dislike it and beli
- Don't Judge A Man
Our world is full of bad tongues, fault-finders, gossipers, mockers, and insulters but do these grou
- When Personalized Gifts Make a Difference
Finding the right gifts for a particular occasion is always a challenging task. Sometimes it is nic
- Managing My Resistance: Learning To Flow With What Life Offers
One of the things that interests me most about conflict is the tendency to resist it and the ways in
- What Are Horoscopes Based On?
If you do not know much about astrology, you may wonder what are horoscopes based on and how astrolo
- 7 Dumbest Relationship Mistakes Smart People Make
We often find ourselves amid the wreckage of a love gone wrong, wringing our hands and asking, "Why
- Motivation as the heart of self improvement
You should be able to find several indispensable facts about Motivation in the following paragraphs
- Is Complete Abstinence from Use of Paychoactive Substances Necessary for Recovery?
Can a sober alcoholic in recovery who has no history of abuse of marijuana, use marijuana without