The Top 6 Reasons To Attend A Camper Show
In the early part of the year camping and RV shows are the most prevalent although some popular shows take place in the fall too. But in the Midwest where I live, most camping and RV shows take place in the first few months of the year. Here's my top 11 reasons why you should go to one, or even two or three!
1) It's a way to get your mind off winter, the cold, and the snow for a short time. While you're at the show, you'll be thinking of summer, sun, green trees, and campfires; not shoveling snow or wearing 12 layers of clothing in an attempt to stay warm.
2) You get to be around really nice people. People who camp and RV are, for the most part, really friendly and outgoing. While at a show last weekend I had people joking around with me and striking up conversations about camping and the campers we were both looking at. It's a fun environment.
3) Comparison shopping. At the larger shows there are literally hundreds various campers and RV to look at. You can go inside them, look around, and talk to the dealers about each one's pros and cons.
4) Discounts and Freebies. The dealers and exhibitors at the camping and RV shows want people to do business with them during the show and make it attractive by offering special show prices on their campers and RV's; and/or giving additional items with a purchase such as free upgrades, free gas, a free grill, free camping lounge chairs, etc. Most exhibitors have some sort of giveaway. It may be a drawing for a grill, nights of camping or may be free samples of food their selling. The show itself may give away prizes. The latest camping show I was at was giving away a brand new camper to one lucky prize winner.
5) Class A Motorhomes. Whether or not you own a Class A Motorhome now, plan to own one in the future, or think you'll never be able to afford that luxury, it's worth the price of your admission ticket to tour the luxury Class A motorhomes at the shows. I toured three at the last show I was at. The nicest one had a $400,000 price tag. It was gorgeous. I overheard one woman saying the kitchen was much nicer than the one in her home. I can understand why she said that. The kitchen area in that particular Class A motor home had solid cherry cabinets, solid surface countertops, and tile flooring.
6) The Seminars. Even if you aren't a camping enthusiast you may find the seminars offered at most of the shows to be of interest to you. The seminars are usually short in length, 30 minutes or less, but are packed with interesting information. The latest one I attended talked about some of the best vacation destinations in my state, the most scenic roads to drive, the best nature areas to visit, and some of the most unique and weirdest places in the state. I've lived in the state all my life and I didn't know about several of the places I was told about. I now have some new weekend getaway and vacation destinations.
Now that I've given you my six top reasons to attend a camper or RV show, get out there, go to one, and have a great time.
Related Tags: rv, motorhome, camper, camping, show, attend, reasons
D Ruplinger is a camping enthusiast and she shares her camping expertise at CampingEarth.com. Be sure to read her latest post in the camping blog. Also, check out her article about popup campers. Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Top Things to do in Rabat, Malta
There are plenty of things to do in and around Rabat when you travel to Malta. 5 star luxury in your
- 4 Sightseeing Highlights of Malta
Malta is a country with many things to see and do, as you will realise when you go on your Malta 5 s
- Vacation Rentals - Something For Everyone!
There is no shortage of information on the vacation rental. I've written several articles on the top
- Vacation Rentals - a Few Facts
Most everyone has some knowledge of the vacation rental. What I'd like to do here, in the confines o
- Exotic Vacation Rentals
Travel is an adventure. In fact, that is why some us travel. Not for the relaxation, not for the cha
- Vacation Rental Vs. Hotel
And the winner is….Well, read this, then decide!First, the ubiquitous hotel. Swathed in branded name
- Tropical Vacation Homes - Investment or Destination?
Buying a vacation home for investment may be a great idea in these troubled economic times. Be certa
- How to Choose a West Rim or South Rim Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour
If you want to take a Grand Canyon helicopter tour, you must choose between the West Rim and the Sou
- Albuquerque Downtown Hotels Discounts, Deals and Reservations
Providing their guests with the best possible service available, Quality Inn & Suites in downtown Al
- Hotel Suites Albuquerque - Online Reservations and Specials
Located in the center of the beautiful and historic town of Albuquerque New Mexico, Clubhouse Inn &
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Brazil's Tourist Attractions
Despite its popularity, Brazil is largely unknown to a lot of people. Other spots around the world h
- Visit Ancient Persia, Greece, and North Cyprus with Clearchus of Soli
Tour the Hellenistic remains of Soli in North Cyprus with Clearchus, a student of Aristotle. As he
- Exotic Trips - Vacation In Venezuela
Venezuela is a favorite vacation destination. No wonder! For instance, Venezuela is home to the worl
- Some Advice When Buying A Travel Cot
A cot is a piece of furniture that is used for babies, infants, campers and travelers. Baby cots are
- Marriott Hotels Varied History and An Overview of Properties
Marriott International was established in 1993 when the Marriot Corporation split into two different
- Holiday In Cape Town
If you are interested in one of the top vacation destinations in the world, Cape Town may be right f
- Hawaii Honeymoon Vacation Packages: Why You Should Purchase One
Are you about to be married within the next year or two? If so, have you started planning your honey
- Cancun Weather
Cancun is one of the most well known tropical destinations in the world. Because Cancun is located j
- Golf Lovers: Save Money With Hawaii Vacation Golf Packages
Are you one of the millions of Americans who enjoys playing the game of golf? If so, there is a good
- Old Town San Diego
The Old Town San Diego Park serves as a way to recreate life in both the early American and early Me