10 Ways To Bring More Balance To Your Life
Gandhi once said, "There is more to life than increasing its speed." This is even more true in the modern world. It is essential then that you discover what will bring you a harmonious and balanced lifestyle. There are many ways to bring more balance to your life. Here are 10 ways I have found that work, which should get you thinking of even more uniquely suited to you.
1. Have Faith in a Higher Power Voltaire once said, "Faith consists in believing when it is beyond the power of reason to believe." Having faith in a higher power helps you face even the darkest hours. Faith gives you peace of mind and an open heart. It lights the dark tunnel and allows you to walk forward courageously. Action Step: Choose a favorite inspirational quote about faith and put it in your wallet.
2. Assess Your Life Human beings are similar to a computer: we both operate on programming. What we put in, we get back. And if we put in or take on too much, we get overloaded, and then burn out. Assessing where you are now will help you to know what to do, where to go, and what to leave behind. Action Step: List all the stressful events that have happened to you in the last year.
3. Live By Your Values Choose to make life choices that stem from your core values---those things that feed your soul. Values are intrinsic beliefs and feelings that develop from our experiences, backgrounds, and culture. You will be pleasantly surprised to find that when your orient your life around your values that life is much more to your liking. Action Step: Identify and define your top 5 values.
4. Develop Boundaries Boundaries are physical, emotional, and spiritual barriers that keep us safe, protected and nurtured. Having healthy boundaries empowers us to say no when appropriate and attract what we want into our life and keep out "garbage." Boundaries show others that you love, care, and value yourself. Action Step: Set a clear boundary with someone close to you this week.
5. Change Your Self-Talk Balanced living requires balanced thinking. When negative thoughts come up, shut them out and focus on the positive. Your personal operating software is often running off of outdated and old tapes. Consciously create a new tape and upload it to your brain! Action Step: Choose an affirmation that you love and say it out loud ten times every day.
6. Take Control You are in control of your own life. Nobody makes you stay in bad situations. If you are in a job you despise, an unhealthy relationship, do not wait until you get fired or dumped. Choose to change. Recognize the cause of your discontent and take action. Action Step: Make a change for the better starting now.
7. Clean up and Clear Out Your physical surroundings have a major impact on your sense of balance. So if you live and work in chaos and clutter, you will feel off center. Cleaning up and clearing out your personal (mind-set and relationships) and environmental (home, office, car) spaces brings instant rejuvenation. Action Step: Tackle a drawer, closet, or garage by the end of the week.
8. Eliminate Tolerations If you are like most, you are tolerating way too much. A toleration is anything that is stressing you, for example: things that are undone, incomplete projects, and toxic people, places, or situations. Eliminating tolerations is a great way to unleash stored energy and power. Action Step: Eliminate 3 tolerations from your life today.
9. Practice Wellness Wellness means having a holistic program (mind, body, and spirit). Take care of your body by eating healthy, getting regular exercise and enjoying rest. Nurture your heart and mind with good friends, fun adventures, and learning new things. Refresh your spirit by reading inspirational books, attending church, spending time in nature, etc. Action Step: Do 3 extra things to take care of yourself this week.
10. Simplify Your Life The key to live more simply is to downsize and release unnecessary things from your life. Simple living is about living deliberately. You choose your existence rather than sailing through life. It is about finding your unique balance. Simplicity asks: Is it right for me? How do I want to live my life? Action Step: Write your philosophy of an ideal life, incorporating elements you most cherish.
There are many ways to bring balance to your life. It starts with making smart decisions and becoming more aware of what makes you happy. Stress is not going away anytime soon, so you may as well start today by creating a program to manage it. Discover what works best for you and commit to doing it on a daily basis. You will quickly learn that balance is not just a nice idea, but an actual reality!
Related Tags: stress, coaching, balance, stress relief, life coaching, life coach, life balance
Michelle L. Casto, M.Ed., is a Whole Life Coach, Speaker, and Author of the Get Smart! LearningBook Series, which includes books and workbooks on romantic relationships, career development, life purpose/life strategy, and stress management. Her coaching practice is Brightlight Coaching. She empowers people to live with passion, purpose, & possibility and inspires people to freely shine their brightlight to the world. To learn more or to subscribe to the Get Smart! Live Smart newsletter, Visit virtually: www.getsmartseries.com or www.brightlightcoach.com. email@example.comYour Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Manners, Aikido, And Ki Moments
In a recent Wall Street Journal editorial, columnist Peggy Noonan discussed the disappearance of man
- How To Cope With Being Made Redundant
Being made redundant is not just about money and what money can buy. It is often the psychological e
- What Are The Side Effects Of Stress
We live in a fast paced world that never seems to sleep. For many people they try to cram as much ac
- Feel Better With Stress Management
Stress may be largely thought of as a mental problem,but it does contain its own material manifestat
- Help With Stress - A New Effective Technique For Fast Relief
There are many symptoms that sufferers experience when they are dealing with stress, too many to go
- How To Relief Stress When Faced With Challenges In Life
The myriad of issues facing us constantly mean we find a good avenue to relief stress. We live a lif
- Anxiety Disorders Symptoms - Treatment For Anxiety Disorder
Anxiety disorders symptoms are diverse and include things such as social anxiety, Post-Traumatic Str
- Overlooking Data Revenue Could Kill Your Current Campaign!
Most online marketers have access to data but many don't realize the true value in it. NOT monetizin
- The Five Step Approach To Managing Anger
If something happens that makes you feel angry (like not being allowed to go to a party until you cl
- How Kinesiology Can Help With Stress
Stress is one of the biggest problems in the western world and may be caused by a variety of differe
Most viewed articles in this category:
- No More Stress: Stress Relief Ideas
I hear it everywhere, read it everywhere-everybody's stressed out. The mad rush of daily activities
- Feeling Suicidal
The thought has crossed my mind but I am too optimistic about tomorrow and I can't handle my enemies
- Getting laid with organic
The ‘organic movement’ has now entered the bedrooms. Organic bedding and mattresses are
- Home surveillance equipment - options and tips
Our world is not such a safe place to live in. Crime and robbery is on the rise and hence more and m
- 7 Tips for Relaxation
In modern society there are so many pressures on our time and lives that it can seem difficult to be
- Stress - Is It Really As Bad For Your Health As You Think?
It has been known for many years that stress can affect your health but we are only now beginning to
- An Older Sister's Coping Secret
Being born as the oldest or older sister in a family seems to have a strong impact on our personalit
- Panic Attack Self Help
A panic attack is a time of powerful, often momentarily disabling, sense of extreme fear or mental d
- Crisis Intervention - What To Do in the Event of a Crisis? Part 2
A crisis is a window of opportunity for spiritual growth. You don't need to be a social worker or co
- How to Put Out Your Own Fire: Stressed Out Boomers
Do you experience the blahs? Are you having trouble shaking away the blues? Do you feel overwhelmed,