The Use of Leather In Fashion
Several different types of skins are popular to use in fashion, including:
- Calfskin, which is made from young cows;- Pigskin is leather from pigs;- Buckskin comes from deer or elk skin;- Kidskin is made from young goats;- Lambskin comes from young sheep and lambs;- Alligator skin is made from alligators and crocodiles.There are also different processes uses to finish the skins and make the suitable to use in fashion, such as:
- Patent leather, which is given a shiny finish with oils, resin and varnish;- Suede, where the flesh side of the leather is brushed to make it nappy;- Nubuck, which is buffed on the hair side to create a velvety finish;- Top grain, where the real finish is usually sanded off and an imitation grain is stamped onto the leather;- Full grain, a leather that has the original grain.The use of leather began in around 3000 B.C., when the Egyptians discovered it could be used as body armor, household furniture and tents. In Spain, during the 15th century, leather was used for sofas, armchairs and as a wall covering. In the 16th century, leather hats and tunics became popular throughout England during the romantic era of Shakespeare. Ever since that time, leather has been one of the most popular materials used in fashion.
Today there are limitless leather apparel and accessory options. Leather is versatile, practical, prestigious and both sexes look great wearing it. Also, leather comes in many colors and textures, so it always has a trendy, exciting appearance.
Accessories made from leather stand the test of time and look fashionable anywhere you go. Gloves, shoes, hats, belts, boots and handbags made from leather are not only attractive, but a solid investment because of their durability. The wide array of styles and colors available match or enhance any ensemble.
Popular leather fashions include bomber jackets, blazers, trench coats, jeans, trousers, jeans and skirts of all lengths. Styles range from classic and traditional to funky and high-fashion, depending on your preference. Dutch Leather Designers know how to design top of the bill.
Leather is easy to maintain, too. Smooth leather can be wiped with a damp cloth. Suede and nubuck should be brushed. If you get leather wet, let it dry naturally because heat will damage its natural oils. Finally, if your garment gets soiled or worn, bring it to a professional leather cleaner to extend the life of the item. When it comes to fashion, leather is better!
Related Tags: fashion, designer, clothing, bags, leather, european
The author is fashion designer of leather gloves and leather fashion clothing and accesories from Europe.Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Women's Intimate Wear Has A Highly Competitive Market
Well I'm going to introduce you to this particular market which is growing rapidly. For considering
- Marc Jacobs Might Give Us More
Marc Jacobs has brought us classics and much to talk about with his two lines: Marc Jacobs and Marc
- Up and Coming Designer - Mobolaji Dawodu
Mobolaji Dawodu (pronounced Mo-bo-lah-gi Dah-wu-doo) is a young man with vision, ambition, creative
- How to Buy Celtic Jewelry
The traditions of the Celtic people and Celtic jewelry go back for centuries. The Celtic people were
- Imitation Leather 2 Seater Sofas
Imitation leather 2 seater sofas are known for their unique style and fashion statements. These Imit
- The Classiness of Sporting Designer Urban Clothing
Your apparel is a very important part of life when living in the city or suburbs. It reveals to othe
- 5 Tips on How to Find the Best Wholesale Jewelry
Whether you're a fashion retailer, an e-tailer, an eBay seller, or you simply want to earn some extr
- Fashion Stylists - The Emerging Class in the Fashion Industry
Want to change the way you look? Want some trendy clothes for the season? Never seem to know what to
- Your Gucci Handbag Tells the World You Have Good Fashion Sense
For many women, there is no question about it. Ownership of a Gucci handbag is the ultimate sign of
- The Incomparable Leather Handbag
Both men and women have loved leather for centuries. It is no different today. That is why despite t
Most viewed articles in this category:
- The Art of Dressing for Your Body Shape Made Simple...Curvy Girl Style!
--->>>OVAL:You Have a Fuller Bustline and a Less Defined Waist With More Narrow Shoulders and Legs.-
- Dialaphone Has World's First Official Photos Of The Lg Prada Phone
Everyone wants to keep up to date with gossip, especially when it comes to fashion and the world's m
- Is a Prada Milano Handbag Suitable for the Trendy Gal?
Is a Prada Milano Handbag almost a must-have for a trendy girl? It depends actually.As most fashion
- The History Of Coats For Women
The coat is a real newcomer in the woman's wardrobe because until the late 19th century women prefer
- Latin Dress Styles - Why They Drive Both Men And Women Crazy With Desire!
All things Latin are considered romantic and sexy, this includes their dances, their men, women and
- Designer Lingerie - Tips for Successful On-line Buying
Men - trust me, every woman's dream gift is beautiful, quality, silk or lace designer lingerie! But
- The Gloves of The Past and Present
Gloves are increasingly becoming a necessity accessory item these days. Do you wear an evening gown
- The History of Fashion
The history of fashion is segmented into decades. The fashion timeline that will be explored in this
- Stretch Jeans
Almost a century ago, Levi Strauss created what came to be the first modern jeans. This universal yo
- Men's Shoes and Italy
Italy has always been associated with fashion. There are a lot famous designers who were born in Ita