How Freight Factoring Can Help Trucking & Logistics Companies
Owning a trucking company or logistics company (freight brokerage) can be very profitable. At the same time, transportation companies tend to be cash hungry. There are fuel expenses, employee expenses, operator expenses, repair expenses and many other expenses that need to be paid quickly. However, most customers don't offer quick-pays and usually pay their freight bills in 30 to 60 days.
This creates a major challenge. Why? You have expenses that need to be paid quickly and customers that want to pay slowly. Unless your company has some available funds, you will most likely run into problems.
Many company owners try to address this cash gap by trying to get business financing from their bank. However, they soon learn that banks seldom provide business loans to small transportation companies. Unfortunately, a business loan is not an option for most logistics and transportation companies. So, what is?
In many cases, trucking companies have an option that is better that a business loan. It is called invoice factoring. Factoring can provide logistics companies with the financing they need to meet their current expenses and grow. And, as opposed to bank financing, factoring is easy to obtain and can be setup in about a week.
So what is factoring? Factoring provides companies with an advance on your slow paying freight bills. This enables them to meet expenses while waiting to get paid by customers. It works as follows:
1. You company delivers the load and invoices the customer
2. The factoring company provides you and advance of up to 90% of your freight bill
3. You can use the advance to meet all expenses
4. Once your customer pays, you'll get the remaining 10% less a small factoring fee
The cost of factoring can be anywhere between 1.5% to 3% per month. The cost is determined by your industry, the quality of your customers (who pay the freight bills) and the amount of financing you require. Freight bill factoring is a great solution for logistics and trucking companies and can help grow your company to the next level.
Related Tags: freight factoring
About Invoice Factoring Group / Commercial Capital LLC
Looking at factoring companies? We can provide you a competitive factoring and freight factoring quote. For more information, call (877) 300 3258.
Recent articles in this category:
- The No. 1 Rule For Projecting Confidence - Speak With Authority
One of the most important characteristics a person can project in a business setting - or any situat
- After the Autumn Checkout European Debt Crisis and U.S. Brewing Rebound
In the commotion caused by the Fed on interest rates come to an end, the "disastrous" for the euro a
- Advantages Of Arcade Game Rentals
There are many different advantages to arcade game rentals. Most people need something to release th
- A General Primer on Truck Cargo Nets
In modern highways it is quite rare to see truck cargo nets in action, this is because they are usua
- The United States Will Burst More Severe Financial Crisis
Not long ago, suddenly announced that the central bank to raise interest rates, the interest rate hi
- Niche Marketing Profits - 3 Easy Steps to Finding a Profitable Niche Market Income in 10 Minutes
Like most beginners I was having a very difficult time trying to find a niche market to earn extra m
- The Importance of Hospitality Management Consulting Firms Toronto
Businesses and the managers that help guide any business are in a constant state of improvement and
- New Keynesian Theory Label
2010 winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics three theories have been labeled as "New Keynesian" labe
- Federal Reserve Pouring Money QE2 Unpredictable Fortune
U.S. economist Milton Friedman proposed a "throw the cash from a helicopter" view, while the practic
- Fiscal Consolidation Should no Longer Delay
British Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne today announced fiscal consolidation policy, shoc
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Common Financial Problems to Avoid
One must first change their habits and not procrastinate. American Consultants Inc at offers key fi
- How a Bad Hire Can Hurt Your Business
What's worse - hiring the wrong person or not hiring anyone at all? Companies can become almost des
- Joel Comm Is Dr. Adsense
What is Adsense? If you are new to making money online and net marketing, you may not know what Ads
- 5 Steps For A Dynamic Wealth System Online
Recipe: Opportunity + knowledge + Dynamic Wealth System + Your Action = Massive Success!!! Step 1
- How To Stop Foreclosure
Losing your house to a foreclosure can be very scary. There are times when circumstances are ou
- How to Always Pitch A Strike
As business owners, we are always working on new ways to convince people to become customers, client
- Membrane Diffuser Solutions for Wastewater Treatment Systems
In the aeration basin of a typical wastewater treatment plant there are both organic and inorganic m
- Another Year Hating Your Job or Loving Life?
Copyright © 2007 Mary Foley I've come to the conclusion that to be successful - really successf
- Dyestuff Industry In India And China
World demand for dyes and organic pigments to touch $10.6 billion in 2008According to a study on dye
- Cma-cgm Case : the Series of Lawsuits Continues in Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, France, England and the United States
Damietta company case : The series of lawsuits continues in Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, France, England a