Real Estate Postcards: When Should I Mail?
This question comes from a real estate postcard questionnaire I sent to over 3,000 real estate agents and brokers. I compiled hundreds of responses to create a list of the most commonly asked questions. This is one of those questions.
What are some unique times to mail postcards (aside from holidays)?
Actually, holidays are peak mailing times, so it's harder to get your message read. I recommend mailing as often as you need to, based on your business needs, your budget, your market and other unique factors.
Event Marketing Postcards
Sometimes the event dictates when to mail. Just listed, just sold, and open house postcards are all time-sensitive. In the case of a listed or sold postcard, time is of the essence. The sooner you can send your postcards, the better. In the case of an open house, you'll want to mail your postcards early enough to promote the event but not so early that people forget about it. You also need to allow 7 - 15 days for Standard Mail delivery, or 3 - 5 for First Class delivery.
General Marketing Postcards
As for general marketing postcards (lead generation), my philosophy and advice is to "have something to say before you say it." If you have a big idea, big event or big offer, then it's probably the perfect time to send a postcard-regardless of what time of year it is. Your response rates will be better if you "load" your postcard with value and polish it to perfection.
On the other hand, if you're not quite there yet and don't have much to strengthen your postcard, it's best to wait until you're ready.
* Copyright 2007, Brandon Cornett. You may republish this article online if you retain the author's byline and the active hyperlinks below.
Related Tags: direct mail, real estate marketing, postcard marketing, real estate postcards
Brandon Cornett is a postcard industry veteran and the author of Real Estate Postcard Marketing. Through this e-book, Brandon will show you what the most successful postcard marketers have in common, and how to apply these traits to your own postcard program in order to climb The Pyramid. Download your copy of the book at http://www.realestatepostcardbook.com
Recent articles in this category:
- Direct Mail Lead Generation Sales Letters Work Best When You Refund Your Fee
In the termite capital of the US, Tampa, Florida, lives a man by the name of Chet Rowland who gener
- Downline Builders - Are they worth it?
Downline building is one of the most difficult hurdles to overcome in a Network Marketing business.
- The Call To Action - What Is It And How You Can Use It To Improve Your Marketing
What is the call to action? Before I explain that I want you to open the nearest phone book or news
- First Step in Network Marketing - Get Organized, Part One
This is for all the newbie network marketers out there trying to grow a business on the internet. Th
- 4 Trends in Catalog Copy Increases Sales
As a result of Internet influence on the buying markets, today's catalog copy is changing to include
- The Good Side Of Calling All Those Leads
Has anyone ever had success by calling all of those leads? I sure have. I have really had it with al
- For Effective Direct Mail Sales Lead Generation, Group Sales Letter Inquiries Into Four Groups
If your direct mail lead generation campaigns are typical, the majority of people who respond to yo
- Benefits of Online Printing
With the advent of internet, comes with the power to do anything online, even printing your projects
- Direct Mail Makes A Comeback
Companies and organizations have spent many billions on e-mail and other Internet message delivery m
- Up The Ante Of Your Free Report And Quickly Increase The Percentage Of Initial Prospect Meetings
How many of your new leads progress to an initial prospect meeting?Offering a free report or white p
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Email Benchmark 2007
MarketingSherpa released the free summary of their annual E-mail Benchmarking Survey in a way that c
- Real Estate Postcard Marketing: Postcards + Website = Leads
Advanced summary: For real estate agents, this articles offers advice on improving your real estate
- Give a Reason for Your Deadlines to Boost Direct Mail Marketing Results with Time-Limited Offers
There are only two kinds of deadlines. Legitimate. And bogus. Your goal as a direct mail marketer i
- Free Leads -How To Attract Financially Qualified Leads For Free
"How do I find highly qualified leads for my business?" Have you ever asked this question? I certain
- 5 Must Do's To Getting The Cure To This Terrible Network Marketing Flu!
If you are one of few that are willing to learn, listen, and are coachable, and has a strong desire
- A Special AGEL Message from MLM Legends Ann & David Feinstein
As network marketers or business professional from all around the USA, North America and Europe take
- MLM Training - Who Needs It?
Would you ever give a nine year old the keys to the car and send them to go pick up their younger si
- Sweepstakes Making B2B Marketers Winners
During the past couple of months, I spent considerable time researching the use of sweepstakes in th
- How to Build an Opt-in Email List - Avoid the Scams, Do It Right the First Time
For anyone with the serious intention of building a business online, it is essential to build a list
- Sex & Money! The Essential Guide to a Good Nights Sleep for Independent Professionals
"The money's not important to me.""I know it will come as long as I'm on the path""I trust I will at