Super Foods - Find Out the Secret Sources of Calcium
Calcium is the mineral most critical to achieving and maintaining strong, healthy bones and minimizing bone loss later in life. But Milk and other dairy products are often disliked or not tolerated well by people. Therefore it's important to find other super foods to aid you in achieving enough calcium
What super food can I consume to receive more calcium?
According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the calcium absorption from most foods, including dairy products and grains, is about the same. However, calcium may be more poorly absorbed from foods high in oxalic acid (spinach, sweet potatoes, and beans) or phytic acid (unleavened bread, raw beans, seeds, and nuts). These acids bind with calcium and prevent its absorption, but they don't prevent the absorption of calcium from other foods eaten at the same time. There are many plant-based sources that are well absorbed, such as soybeans , soynuts, bok choy, broccoli, collards, Chinese cabbage, kale (see recipe below for a simple, calcium rich recipe), mustard greens, and okra.
You can also take calcium supplements to ensure that you're getting the recommended daily amount, but don't exceed 2,500 milligrams per day from both food and super supplements. Too much might increase your risk for certain health problems such as kidney stones.
Do you want to know how receiving enough calcium super foods can keep you healthy?
Getting enough calcium in your diet through your food or super supplements helps keep your bones healthy. Without strong, healthy bones, you won't be able to exercise. If you can't exercise the you will very likely gain weight. So make sure to get enough calcium and also keep your body in shape and your diet balanced!
Winter Vegetable Hash
- tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, diced
- 1/2 pound fresh shiitake mushrooms, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small acorn squash, diced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 4 sprigs fresh sage
1. Place oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Melt butter and mix in potatoes, mushrooms, pepper, squash, and shallot. Season with pepper, garlic powder and salt. Cook 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender.
2. Mix kale and sage into skillet. Continue cooking 5 minutes, until kale is wilted. Serve and enjoy!
Related Tags: calcium, super foods, calcium supplements, healthy bones, calcium deficiency, calcium absorption, lactose, lactose intolerant, calcium rich foods, calcium rich, minimizing bone loss, losing bone, stop bone loss, array super food, high calcium foods, super supplem
Zach Hunt is a Super Foods, secret sources of calcium expert, personal trainer and owner of Physzique, a fitness coaching service in Spokane, WA. Go here: Personal Trainer Spokane WA for more fitness tips.Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Dental Insurance For Individual Can Be Of Help At Time
Dental problem may cost one a lot of money and pain. But, practicing a reasonable care could decreas
- Personal Trainer For Perfect Health
There is a general misconception that need for a fitness trainer comes for novice or from those who
- Varicose Veins - Causes, Symptoms, Treatment
The majority of people after thirty notice the changes that appear with the maturing. In this case t
- Scenar Therapy - Self-treatment Or Healing Partnership
Do you want to learn about a device which will help you to ease your pain? If you get this kind of a
- Scenar - 5 "no, Nos" Of Scenar
Are you fed up with the pain in your body? Various parts of our body seem to ache due to different r
- Scenar Device - 5 Tips On Travelling With Your Scenar (skenar) Device
You might be aware of scenar which has become quite popular these days. This is actually the acronym
- Scenar Therapy - How To Treat Your Pet With Scenar
There are many alternative methods of treatment that are being invented these days. Lots of people a
- Your Options For The Treatment For Appendicitis
Appendicitis is considered to be a surgical illness. Due to its severe character, the treatment for
- How To Choose The Right Copd Medication
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or COPD does not have any cure. But with the help of medicines
- Septic Arthritis: Infectious Agents Penetrate Joints' Spaces
Another major type of arthritis is septic arthritis, which is also known in various terms like: pyog
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Drugs - the Last Alternative for Adhd in Kids
Anyone over the age of thirty who has grown up with ADHD understands that there was not much help av
- Foods To Eat To Gain Weight
Malnutrition has the same degree of problem as obesity. There are people who are too skinny, they fi
- Understanding Postpartum Clothing
The same way most pregnant women dream of the day when they will begin showing for wearing maternity
- Kegel Exercising for Bladder Control and Enhanced Sexual Pleasure
Kegel exercises strengthen the muscles of the pelvic floor, thereby improving the urethra and/or rec
- The Use Of Weight Loss Herbs
Nothing has garnered more attention in today's world than the success or failures of weight loss pro
- A Simple Acid Relux Cure
Many people today are afflicted with heartburn. If they eat food that is too spicy, they get heartbu
- Five Effective Household Back Pain Treatments
Back pain treatment comes in lots of forms, from exercise to pain mediction. Standard and most wides
- Herbal Remedies - Can They Cure What Ails You?
You've probably heard about herbal remedies before and how they can treat a variety of health proble
- Natural Relief for Tinnitus - What are your Choices
Natural Relief For Tinnitus - Alternative Options Did you know that there are an estimated 50 t
- Birthing Around the World
Since ancestral times, different cultures showed off different customs and beliefs around the miracl