Email and Online Marketing Copywriting Secrets
Here’s what we’ve found works best. Use these tips properly and your results will skyrocket.
1. Your email “from” sender line should be your brand name or company name and stay consistent. Use your own personal name only if that is your brand image.
2. Send emails only when you have something to say that will benefit the reader. No fluff. No filler. You must be relevant. If you can’t be, don’t send an email until you have something beneficial to say.
3. Start your emails with the specific benefit the reader can get from your message. You have no more than 3 seconds to pass the crucial “what’s in it for me?” test.
4. The copywriting tone and language should be personal and conversational, instead of stuffy and “corporate”.
5. Make a specific offer to the reader and, if possible, include a short deadline by which he must respond to get it.
6. Use as much copy as is needed to fully pile on all the benefits the reader will get by ordering, answer objections, create urgency, and close the sale.
7. Test your subject lines and offers on small segments of your list before you send the email to your entire list.
8. Include “Email this to a friend” service in all your communications for pass along and viral marketing.
9. Tell your recipients to “white list” your email address so your future emails don’t end up in the “spam” filter.
10. Remail non-opens again one week later. This works great if your email service can pinpoint this information.
11. Copywriting of your emails and online marketing is your #1 key to much higher leads, sales and profits. So don’t entrust it to anyone other than an experienced successful copywriter and the best one you can afford. This is not the time to be penny-wise and pound-foolish.
There are many other email and online copywriting topics that are too variable to give you hard and fast answers to. They need to be studied first by a professional based on your specific business. These include text vs. html and best days to email.
(Note to Editors: This article may be published in its entirety, or linked to, at no charge if you include the last paragraph about the author and the company with no changes or edits.)
Mike Pavlish of Profit Boosters Copywriting has written hundreds of successful email and online promotions for clients since 1978. Fees start at $3,000.00 and up. He can be reached at www.ProfitBoostersCopy.com
Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Using Testimonials In Your Email Marketing
We live in an environment filled with sales; a constant source and onslaught of hype. As a result, p
- Building Your Email Marketing Lists
With thousands of new Internet surfers added daily, any smart marketer knows that tapping into this
- Social Media Optimization And Email Marketing Strategies
f you are a savvy online email marketer, you need to include Social Medial Optimization (SMO) as a k
- How Email Marketing Services Can Help Your Business
Effective Email Marketing Services Our Email Marketing software will provide you the complete detail
- E-mail Marketing: Affordable On-line Marketing Technique
E-mail marketing is labeled as a killer way when it comes to effective inexpensive On-line marketing
- Basic Features Of Bulk Email Marketing Service
Advertisements using banners, posters, etc. have now become the traditional form of marketing strate
- Automatically Efficient
The strength of email marketing is in the return for little outlay. What this means is that addition
- A Glossary Of Email Marketing Terms
Email marketing as a discipline comes with both its own specific technical terms as well as those it
- How To Avoid Hiring Wrong Social Media Marketing Agency
I assume you know what is social media, and you are looking for a social media agency since you came
- Effective Email Campaigns
Email campaigns need a very close link between designs and tracking data since the data will tell us
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Email Marketing - Why Do Open Rates Go Down Over Time?
How to Keep Your Open Rates HighThis is something that happens through a wide scope of actions, and
- List Building - Why Do You Open Your Emails?
Think about this - if you open your email box and there are 100 emails from marketers, are you going
- Ezine Software-Overview
Ezine's are very useful in getting you that all important traffic but not everybody knows how exactl
- What's Your Company's Email Policy?
Well, there is, and if your company doesn't have one you are not only risking the professional image
- Email Marketing: Seven Reasons To Love It
We're all aware of the negative side of email marketing, thanks to spam. However, the abundance of s
- The danger of email marketing
Email is a good way to stay in touch with customers because when people come online, one of t
- A beginners guide to ISP Inbox Delivery
We’ve discussed blacklisting, I wanted to spend some time looking at where the rubber hits the
- The Thin Line Between Email Marketing And Spamming
A very fine line demarcates spamming and bona fide email marketing, and most of the time, either kno
- 8 Tips to Increase Response in Email
Opt in email marketing is no different than normal direct marketing in that small simple changes wil
- Use Permission Based E-Mail Marketing to Promote your Home Based Business
With all the negative Publicity that S.pam is Getting, Permission Based E-mail Marketing is fr