Salesboom SLA-MS Competition
- Date: 2006-12-03 - Word Count: 462 Share This!
Oh, the irony. Online CRM Services shy away from offering customers a Service Level Agreement. Why the reticence when Customer Service is the bread and butter of CRM services?
CRM services push the envelope for eBusiness activities, and as a result businesses are dependent on background technology services like never before. CRM brings information technology into the front office via Internet and 3rd party services at both the customer and business end.
To mitigate service deficiencies and ensure confidence in business transactions, technology providers generally tend to offer a Service Level Agreement (SLA) to their clients. The SLA is a contract that seals a customer's partnership with the service provider. It lists vendor obligations and describes penalties for failure to provide agreed-upon services.
Additionally, a SLA can help with the following:
Customer Needs - can help identify and define requirements
Communication - can provide a framework for understanding and can simplify complex issues
Conflict Management - reduce areas of conflict and encourage dialog in the event of a dispute
Manage Expectations - eliminate unrealistic expectations and define possibilities
Salesboom.com has had a Service Level Agreement (SLA) in place since January 1, 2005. It is an extensive guarantee that covers service usage, fees, customer rights, server availability, and service levels. There is only one other online CRM service that is front and center with a SLA as a prominent part of their service guarantee.
Why are other on-line CRM vendors so reluctant to follow suit? Many on-demand CRM providers participate in an entire network of service providers. This network can include IT functions and software components that they outsource, as well as "extended partnerships," which allow other companies to deliver their service responsibilities.
Without a SLA, there is potential for serious problems in the event of a service failure to address restitution and/or processes for return to service. A couple of the top reasons for not implementing a Service Level Agreement are:
1. Experience - necessary skills unavailable on site to guarantee SLA service levels
2. Resources - tools and resources unavailable to monitor all aspects of network - particularly when monitoring peering scenarios
3. Control - multi-vendor service can't guarantee what is out of their control, has not negotiated SLA with partners
4. Confidence - there may be problems that are not obvious and fuel a confidence problem.
5. Margin - may not have ability to make financial restitution
As Internet services mature, and the reliance on background networking becomes more entrenched, there will be greater interest and need for concise SLAs for all partners in the network. Customers expect monitoring and reporting components to the SLA that confirm service level performances. This is intrinsic to delivering integrated CRM services that are reliable and accountable.
Salesboom is ahead of the pack on this, and hopefully for anyone reading this article, there is a resonance that echoes loud at every business line and crescendos at the doorway of customer service.
Gretchen Philips is a consultant/business analyst who tracks the latest in CRM like http://www.salesboom.com
Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Fix Printer, Keyboard, Speaker and Monitor Cables With Funky Organizers
There are different types of cables that are used when you have a desktop computer at home. Most of
- The Growing Trend of Asterisk Phone Systems
Truly, businesses are doing everything they can in the economy and competitive world of today to rem
- The Future of Business Intelligence: Innovations in Location Intelligence
In the coming years, many business analysts are predicting that Business Intelligence (BI) will play
- Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition and What Happened to the Unlock Codes
Adobe has long been known as a star in the digital image editing world and the Adobe Photoshop Album
- Choosing the Best Computer For Graphic Design
In the 1980s, desktop publishing came out and graphic designers began to utilize computers for all k
- Versatility of Pocket HD Camcorders
In the era of the do-everything handheld gadget, high def camcorders family seems almost passee. The
- Contemporary Office Furniture
When considering Contemporary Office Furniture there are a few things that you really should conside
- Professional Web Design, Professional Web Designer
There is a lot to consider if you are looking for a Professional Web Design. So let's get to it. Fir
- Cell Phone Protection and Safety For Kids
If your like the millions of parents giving your children a cell phone for safety when their away fr
- Looking For That Smart Pc Workstation And Desk
Do you need a work area at home. Maybe it is just for doing bills. It may be for a community work ar
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Voip Residential Comparison Guide: Evaluating Packet8, Lingo, And Vonage
Voice over internet protocol [internet telephony] is a rapidly growing technological alternative to
- What's The Difference In The Ionic Breeze Quadra?
The Ionic Breeze Quadra is the newer line of ionic breeze units offered by The Sharper Image. These
- Selling World of Warcraft Accounts
Everybody knows that WoW is one of the most exciting MMORPGs ever created. This makes selling WoW ac
- Film Cameras
Film cameras are simple cameras, which could be used by all easily. People prefer to use film camera
- How To Improve Your Computer Speed Almost Instantly
Probably your computer, even though you bought it last year its no longer that much fast. Like any o
- The Mosquito Ringtone - The Tone Adults Can't Hear
Without a doubt, the mosquito ringtone is one of the most popular ringtones ever. Good luck trying
- Auto Navigation Systems And Gps Technology While Traveling
If you have managed to do any research on auto navigation systems I'm sure you've come across countl
- Do Cheap iPods Really Exist?
If you know anything about music trends, you know that iPods are the hottest portable music device t
- Online Mobile Phone Offers: Take 10 Minutes To Save £360 On Your Next Mobile Phone Contract
Cash Is Falling Out Of Your Pocket If you live in the UK, you're probably paying line rental on a m
- Hand-Held Metal Detectors
A third style, the Printed Spiral, is made only by Tesoro for use with pulse induction circuitry. It