The Fixer Upper
It is truly amazing what a run-down home can become with a little time, a little money and some TLC. Here are a few great ideas to think about when purchasing a fixer upper.
1. Paint. It is no real secret that a new coat of paint can bring new life to a home both inside and out. A different color scheme can also dramatically change the atmosphere and feeling of an older home.
2. Fixtures. Are the fixtures in the home old and outdated? This can be a large drawback when selling a home. Old out of style fixtures show disinterest in the upkeep of a home. This applies to all fixtures, lights, faucets, toilets and sinks. Take some time and find elegant new fixtures that fit the new identity of the home.
3. Floors. Are the home's floor tragically out of date or in poor shape? Stained linoleum and chipped tiles are never a attractive feature. A quality laminate can do wonders for a home's appearance. New tiles in high-traffic areas like the kitchen or bathroom are also a good idea.
4. Appliances. Nothing attracts the interest of buyers like brand new appliances. This can also serve as a safety upgrade if the old appliances have fallen into disrepair. New appliance can also drastically increase your asking price.
5. Landscaping. This is one of the most important aspects of improving the fixer upper. Curb appeal is critical when buyers come to view a home. If the curb appeal is neglected and the property is not attended to, many prospective buyers can be lost before they even step into the home. Tidy up the yard and plant some flowers. Ensure that hedges and bushes are neatly trimmed and that all walkways and access points are clear and uncluttered. Another good idea is to resurface the driveway if it is showing cracks and wear. A simple asphalt is easy to apply and adds a neat and tidy air to the entrance.
Don't forget that many homes sales are decided within the first few minutes of seeing a home. The cosmetic presentation of a home is the single most important factor in attracting prospective buyers. Most of the above mentioned fixes can be done quite easily and without hiring a contractor or professional. Although it is never a good idea to do electrical work yourself unless it is your profession. The same caution definitely applies to working with and around natural gas. So be careful, and give your fixer upper the attention that it needs to bring you the profit that you desire.
Related Tags: tampa real estate, tampa realtors, tampa bay mls, tampa bay fl real estate, the fixer upper
REW Writers is a collective publication network facilitated by Real Estate Webmasters each article is contributed by a member of our real estate community. This particular article was submitted on behalf of Calum & Kathleen MacKenzie, your elite Tampa Realtors.Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Sbi Best Sip Plans 2010
SBI Mutual funds have introduced many mutual schemes. Each scheme has different limitations. SBI SIP
- Icici Sip Plans 2010 - Best Sip Plans
ICICI Prudential offers many schemes. These fund schemes have SIP. What is SIP? SIP's expansion is S
- Determining Where To Invest Money
There are several kinds of investments, also you will find numerous factors to find out where to inv
- Retirement Plans A Necessity Of Life
A person works whole life to give a decent upbringing to his children and families. But while improv
- Stock Market Timing Signals
Follow the PlanThis would seem a statement of common sense, but the fact of stock market timing sign
- A Selection Of Financial And Investment Strategy Guidelines For Turning A Profit
Yet, we don't often have the money to leave work right at this moment. We need a constant salary to
- Find Out The Profitable Way To Invest In Small Cap Stocks
Everyone wants to find a penny stocks list or other investment strategies that can turn your literal
- Portfolio #4 - Watergate
IntroductionThe problem is not that the world is running out of water. No, the problem is that drink
- Dulton Group: Information Content Of Dividends
Dulton Group helps you to analyze the information content of dividends, an important factor affectin
- Coping With Fear In A Markets
The real fact is that all traders, investors as well as stock market investors, who feel afraid, occ
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Investor Stress: A New Approach
George Muzea is both an investor and a stock market advisor. In any given month, he will be paid $10
- Real Estate Investment Financing
1. Location: Your real estate investment's location is arguably the most important component of your
- Canadian Oil Sands - Who Are the Major Players
The Canadian oil sands represent one of the most lucrative investment opportunities to oil and gas i
- Why Bulk Preconstruction?
Bulk preconstruction is the latest trend in secure, high profit real estate investing. By buying wit
- Investing - It Is Not As Scary As You Think
Many people want to have more money - OK everyone does. However, most people don't know how to go a
- How Do I Know Which Programs Are Scams?
Although it is virtually impossible to tell if a HYIP is a scam until the moment when they stop payi
- Currency Trading Success - 6 Tips to Increase your Profits
If you want to increase your profit potential and achieve currency trading success then the simple t
- The Business Cycle
Investors who want to beat the market should be followers of the business cycle. The business cycle
- Pros and Cons of Real Estate
Like any other profession, there are good and bad things about what are available. Each of the thin
- Trading On Support And Resistance Levels
The concept of support and resistance is extremely interesting, and one which will help you consider