How to Face Paint: 5 Things You Must Know Before Getting Started
1. Face Paints: You'll of course have to buy face paints, but what kind of paint do you buy? You should only buy/use face paint that's specially made for the face and body. The most important thing to look out for when buying face paint is whether or not they comply with various authorities in your country (e.g. U.S. FDA.) within the guidelines for use on the skin. Water based face paint is the most popular and easiest to wash off - It's used by people just starting to learn how to face paint and by professional face painters.
2. Paint Colors: Start out with getting a palette that has black, white and the primary colors - red, blue and yellow. With these colors you can mix what ever color you need and this will you give you great practice if you have just started learning how to face paint. Then once you've started painting quite often you'll start to notice that you'll need certain colors more so than others. And you can buy these specific colors in addition to black, white, red, blue and yellow. E.g. You might find that green is a popular color so instead of constantly mixing blue and yellow together to make green you might want to buy a palette of green paint.
3. Brushes: When I learnt how to face paint I used a thin brush for detail, a couple medium sized brushes and a large brush for larger areas. This combination of brushes worked really well for me and I recommend it to you
4. Hygiene: Hygiene is extremely important in face painting and something you must be aware of when learning how to face paint. Never paint someone who has: any open cuts or sores on their face, a cold sore or conjunctivitis or any other known infectious skin condition, a food allergy or allergic reactions to soaps, skin creams, etc without a prior skin test.
5. Designs: You need face painting designs and you can make up your own. But coming up with your own designs can be difficult and coming up with popular designs that kids will definitely love is even harder. And you ofcourse have to know how to paint all these designs. Thats why I suggest you find step-by-step face painting designs online because it will fast track you as a painter and make face painting really easy!
Related Tags: how to face paint, face painting, face painting ideas, face painting tips, face painting designs
Philadelphia Tivoli teaches people around the world how to face paint with her popular ebook "The Comprehensive Guide to Face Painting" - it has 50 fantastic step-by-step photo designs and all the information you need to know about learning how to face paint. Grab your copy today and/or check out her free face painting lessons! Click here to learn more: http://www.facepaintingtips.com
Copyright 2006 Philadelphia TivoliYour Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Home Wall Art: Get Value For Your Money
If you have a beautiful home, it is only natural that you may want to decorate it so as to make it m
- Bejeweled by Mens Ring Tiffany
Tiffany & Co. is one of the largest jewelry companies in the USA that has expanded the market in mos
- Inexpensive Ideas in Making Wedding Centerpieces
One practical way to cut down the wedding expenses is to consider do-it-yourself ideas. There are se
- Preserve Moments With Picture Frames
Of course we don't want our memories to suffer the brink of oblivion that is why we always try hard
- For Home Decor, Try Wall Art Prints
In order to make a smaller room look and feel bigger, many home interior decorators will use large w
- How to Choose the Right Gift For Your Bridal Party
Your wedding day will likely be shared with friends and family members who mean the world to you. A
- Beautiful Baby Shower Napkins
There are many thoughtful and creative things that you can make for your soon-to-be bride friend. Sh
- Learn How To Decorate Your Living Space With Abstract Wall Art
Abstract wall art can offer you different ways to decorate or redecorate and express yourself. A lot
- Adding Class to Your Home With Wall Art Painting
Since mankind's dawn the wall art painting has been a desired form of decorations. Early cave dwelli
- Use Fine Art Oil Painting To Decorate Your Living Space
There are many good things towards buying fine art oil paintings for your home. For example: If one
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Homemade Baby Gifts and Instructions Ideas
A baby shower is a wonderful event that is filled with joy and happiness. Getting a perfect and un
- Enter Photo Competitions
A great morale booster is to win or even place in a highly regarded competition. Many professional p
- Why I Love Melt And Pour Soap Making
I love making soap using the melt and pour soap making method. In my experience it's the easiest way
- How To Do Metal Detecting In Dry Sand?
In general, larger searchcoils will give better depth with larger targets and better ground coverage
- Tips For Metal Detecting
A pulsing current is applied to the coil, which then induces a magnetic field shown in blue. When th
- Christmas Soap Making
Since Christmas is almost here, what could be a better gift than Christmas themed hand made soap to
- Why Choose a Wine Gift Basket?
A wine gift basket is probably one of the most beautiful gifts that a person is likely to receive.
- Create A Metal Detecting Book
Are you purchasing a detector to use occasionally at a lake or beach? Or do you now find yourself wi
- Simple Face Painting Designs: Where Can I Find Them?
If you're looking for simple face painting designs, you're not alone. Trying to find simple face pai
- Giving Non-toy Christmas Gifts For Kids
Perhaps one of the happiest days in a kid's life is December 25. Not only are they on vacation at th