Nine Facts About Fiber
To help you fuel your health with fiber, here are 10 facts to help.
1. Fiber fights diseases. A diet high in fiber can help to prevent colon cancer and heart disease. High fiber helps the body to eliminate cholesterol by binding it in the digestive tract. For thousands of years, fiber has been used to stop constipation.
2. Fiber can actually help with overeating. All high fiber foods will take longer to chew and digest, making you feel satisfied longer
3. Most popular foods don't have enough fiber. If you like the more popular foods, you probably need to increase your intake of fiber.
4. Grains offer the most fiber. Dietary fiber is actually plant matter that we cannot digest. The best sources are whole grains and concentrated grain products.
5. Kids need fiber as well. Children that are older than 2 years of age should consume a daily intake of fiber. Kids are most receptive to fiber found in fruits, vegetables, and even fortified breakfast cereals.
6. More fiber needs more water. In order to keep fiber moving through your digestive tract, you'll need to consume a lot of water. With your diet of fiber, you'll need eight or more glasses of water every day.
7. Fiber cannot be cooked out. When you cook your fruits and vegetables, don't worry about cooking the fiber out, as it stays. The fiber found in fruits and vegetables aren't just in the skin or in the peel.
8. You can get enough fiber. If you eat more than 50 grams of fiber in a day, you can get diarrhea and bloating, which can interfere with your body's absorption of other key minerals.
9. Getting the right amount of fiber in your diet doesn't have to be hard. Even though you may think so, getting the amount of fiber you need isn't very hard to do. All you have to do is eat the right foods and you'll be well on your way to a fiber rich lifestyle.
As one of the key ingredients to healthy eating, fiber is something you don't want to skip. Fiber can serve many different purposes, which were covered above. If you aren't getting enough fiber in your diet - you should do something about now instead of waiting until it is too late.
Related Tags: food, home, kitchen, recipe, chef, culinary
Find the inspiration of a great chef in you and prove that spectacular cooking that everyone loves at first bite, can be done at home, in your very own kitchen. click here to be inspired: http://www.everydayrecipe.comYour Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Feel Refresh With Durable Sports Bottle
Almost every person in this world is addicted to sports. Whether it is an indoor or outdoor sport, e
- Types and Designs of Cookie Cutters
Cookies are everyone's favorite snack. No matter what time of day, it seems that it becomes the ulti
- Fun Cookie Treats For Everyone
There are some foods that most people don't outgrow or take off their favorites list even after deca
- How To Have The Perfect Halloween Party
Traditionally more popular in America, over the past 10 years Halloween has wormed its way into Brit
- Come and Get It, The Pizza is Here
If one were to ask two different people what they wanted for fast food, more than likely one of them
- The Perky Healthy Benefits Of Tea
A sip in the morning, while reading your newspaper just makes your day complete. Most people's under
- 3 Key Factors of a Good Bar
The process of elimination combined with a list of "pros" and "cons" is used by many people to make
- Remembering Those Favourite Sweets From Our Youth
It's safe to say that quality never goes out of fashion and just as those favourite Top 40 hits of y
- Top 5 American Sweets Of All Time
America is famous for producing many things, from fantastic films through entertaining sports to glo
- Recommendations For Creating Extraordinary Biryani
Good biryani is all over the place, but fantastic biryani can be quite tough to come across. Too man
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Spices Thai Food Galangal, Nutmeg Tree And Krachai
Galangal Scientific name:Alpinia galangal (L.) Willd. Family:ZINGIBERACEAE Vernacular name:Kha Gala
- The Little Things in Life: Food Presentation
While it may seem silly, the appearance of a little radish rose on my salad plate has the power to t
- Popular Malaysian Fruits
Malaysian fruits are becoming very popular with an increasing number of people. Some of the more pop
- Not The Usual Super Bowl Theme Party . . . Celebrate Backwards Day Instead!
While it seems that 99% of the United States (OK, the world) plans to either throw or attend a Super
- How Long Should I Let My Bread Rise
It depends. The best way to tell if the dough has risen enough is not by time-though it helps to se
- Buffalo Wing Sauce Recipe
The simple ingredients used are ketchup, warm honey, lemon's juice, butter, Louisiana sauce, white v
- A Bakers Guide To Chocolate
What's the difference between bittersweet chocolate and semisweet chocolate? Can I use Dutch cocoa i
- Red Grapes Are Not Just For Jelly!
As a continuation to, "White Grapes are as Different as Apples and Oranges," red grapes are very muc
- High Altitude Breads
Can you make bread and buns in the mountains? We got a call from California this week, "I can make
- Tips For Great Pizzas
A pizza made at home should be better than a commercial pizza. You get it fresh from the oven made w