Oracle Applications (Oracle E-Business Suite): Localizations
Oracle Applications is being used in more than 140 countries, and in order to attend some of those local business and legal requirements, Oracle has added to 11i a new set of functionality and parameters called Localizations.
Oracle Applications was designed to support the business and the legal requirements in United States. In some other countries, the Local Oracle Office has developed and supports Localization, therefore, Localization is applied to the country that was originally created for.
Brazil is one of the countries Oracle has support Localization. This country has a lot of different legal requirements, so Oracle has created the “Brazilian Localization” to support those. Additional configuration at some functional module is necessary (GL, FA, PO, OM, INV, CE, AP, AR Billing, PAC) and there is also a new module called RI (Integrated Receiving) which is just used in Brazilian implementations. To have an idea, there are close to 300 process variances required or affected by the Brazilian localization.
When planning any global roll out of Oracle functionality, in order to support the planning effort to install a particular Localization of Oracle Applications, it is recommended at least a high level assessment of the business operations. Localizations can never been forgotten in a Global implementation. There are a lot of ways to implement the Multi Organization structure where can be design to work with different currencies, have a look at our paper talking about the Multi-Org enhancement feature at this link.
Andrew Karasev is Chief Technology Officer in Alba Spectrum Technologies – USA nationwide Great Plains, Microsoft CRM customization company, serving Chicago, California, Arizona, Texas, Florida, Georgia, New York, Australia, UK, Canada, Germany, Continental Europe, Russia and having locations in multiple states and internationally ( http://www.albaspectrum.com ), he is Dexterity, SQL, C#.Net, Crystal Reports and Microsoft CRM SDK developer
Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Web Development Projects - Developers Tools Tips
Open source usually refers to software that is released with source code under a license that ensur
- A Guide to Cnc Kits
Building a CNC machine means that you would require a lot of tools, parts or different components.
- Xlphoto Printing, the Best Choice for Banner Printing and Poster Printing
Suppose, you have visited a tourist spot or a hill station; over there, you have witnessed some of
- Reliable Software Programming
Software reliability is an important facet of software quality. It is defined as "the probability
- Designing an Ecommerce Site
In a recent article I talked about Google AdSense placement based on eye-tracking research. Howeve
- Asp.net Development Benefits
Rightway solution has been keenly looking out for. Microsoft ASP.NET is a free technology that allo
- Choosing Offshore Software Development Company
To turn into successful and gain the full benefits of software outsourcing, you require preferring
- E-commerce and Web Portal Development in Vietnam
VIETNAM, owing to its superior intellectual capital has emerged as the ultimate destination for
- Types of Softwares
Computer software is a general term used to describe a collection of computer programs, procedur
- Offshore it Out Sourcing Consultancy in Vietnam
Vendors who provide Off shore IT Outsourcing Consultancy services are referred to as outsourcing
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Oracle Applications (Oracle E-Business Suite) Customizations: What is it?
Oracle recommends every company that installs Oracle Applications to avoid any customization, but I
- Offshore Outsourcing: An All Win Premise
The awareness that outsourcing can boost productivity sans forfeit of class has impelled MNC’s
- Oracle E-Business Suite vs. Microsoft Dynamics AX - Axapta: LATAM and Brazil
In this small article we will only concentrate on Microsoft Dynamics Axapta (and will not consider M
- SAP Business One vs. Microsoft Dynamics GP - highlights for consultant
In this small article we will not make side-by-side technical specs comparison. We would rathe
- OCR Software - Optical Character Recognition or Optical Crud Recognition?
Optical Character Recognition (OCR) refers to a software technology and processes that involve the t
- Microsoft Great Plains - licensing and product versions
Current Microsoft Business Solutions Great Plains has more that 10 years of history. Former Gr
- Microsoft Dynamics AX-GP-NAV-CRM: trends and international recommendations
Microsoft Great Plains/Microsoft Dynamics GP, Microsoft Navision (former Attain) Microsoft Dynamics
- Microsoft Dynamics AX - Axapta - technical notes plus customization
Axapta or current name Microsoft Dynamics AX has one of the newest ERP design and architecture among
- Microsoft Moves to Small Business Accounting/Retail Market - stakes and thoughts
In this small article we will be looking at the new opportunities for Microsoft Small Business Serve
- Microsoft Axapta - Dynamics AX: Brazilian Portuguese version - consultant highlights
Axapta/Microsoft Dynamics AX short overview. Navision Axapta was designed by Navision Software