How to Find a Handbag That Flatters your Shape & Suits your Needs
For most women the handbag is, next to the watch, the most used accessory. It lets us carry around our personal belongings and helps us complete our outfits and make a statement. A handbag can be your best friend at helping you hide figure flaws, and it can also make them appear bigger than they are. That is why handbags should be chosen carefully and always be tried on prior to purchase, just like you would try on any other piece of clothing.
These are the styles to look for:
- Your handbag should match your bone structure / stature. Bigger handbags for bigger girls, smaller handbags for petite girls - it's that easy.
- Look for styles that are the opposite of your shape: If you have a round figure, go for a structured bag, whereas an angular body looks better with a bag with soft curves
- Pay attention to the placement of the bag, when you wear it over your shoulder. If you have a big bust, your handbag should hit you at or below your waist. If you want to camouflage wide hips, go for a shorter styles sitting underneath your arm. If you are petite shoulder straps should be kept short and vice versa. The eye is drawn to wherever the bag sits, so make sure it hits you at a flattering part of your body.
- A bag in a bright color can take attention away from figure flaws
Other things to consider when choosing your bag:
- Is the bag comfortable to wear? Do the shoulder straps have rough edges or do they fall off your shoulders
- Will it be sturdy enough to carry the weight of your belongings? The least thing you want is a bag that breaks after wearing it a few times
- Does it have enough pockets to keep you organized. You want to get to your cell phone before the ring stops and finding your keys should never be a challenge
- Is it big enough to fit everything you carry around day-to-day?
- Is it appropriate to your life-style? If you spend most your time in an office, go for a nice leather bag, if you're doing active things go for a more casual style
- Check the quality! Is the zipper working easily, are the seams straight, are the edges finished?
Buy quality rather than quantity. A good bag will last you a few years and will oftentimes cost you less than wearing cheap bags that need to be replaced frequently.
Related Tags: handbags, fashion, fashion advice, womens fashion advice, body type fashion advice, handbag
The author, Sarah Summers, helps women find a wardrobe that suits their silhouette, lifestyle and budget.
For more fashion and clothing advice and to sign up for the free newsletter including fashion and style tips, visit www.freefashionadvice.com/fashion_guide.php or send an email to email@example.com.
Recent articles in this category:
- How To Maintain Good Hygiene With Contact Lenses
Most users of contact lenses fall into the trouble of not cleaning their hands sufficiently before a
- Tailored Dress Shirts Are Now Online
Tailored dress shirts online might seem fanciful to those used to buying off the rail shirts due to
- Be Your Most Beautiful Bride
Every girl has a dream of a unique wedding dress which marks a milestone in her growing-up years. Th
- Five Classics For Fall Fashion
Each fall there are several key items that most fashion gurus would refer to as: classics. These fal
- A Guide To Men's Summer Season Trend
Summer time is right here which means it's time to pull out those shorts, t-shirts and sandals that
- Womens Dress - Enhance Yourself
Women always want themselves to be the best. The most important thing which makes them look good is
- Custom Embroidered Police Patches Can Be Just An E-mail Away
Custom embroidered police patches are used by police departments so that an officer is immediately r
- Corsets For Cross Dressers
The secret in getting a great fitting corset is making sure you buy one that is suitable for your bo
- Mix And Match Salwar Kameez - Smart Dressing
Every single female on this world, regardless of which element from the globe she hails from, loves
- Wearing It Proud With Rock T-shirts
Rock and roll has influenced so many lives over time whether in the inclination towards several genr
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Silky Satin Nightgowns
Are you the kind of person who truly appreciates the look and feel of smooth soft silky satin? If so
- Choosing your Wedding Veil
1. A veil can transform the simplest dress into a stunning Bridal outfit. 2. Try lots of differ
- Victorian Nightgown Retro Style in Modern Fabrics
Victorian Nightgown Retro SVictorian nightgown styles have always had a romantic appeal down through
- Wedding Dresses - Chic to Fantastique!
The bridalwear world has always had a reputation for being a few seasons behind high street fashion.
- Plus Size Lingerie Big is Beautiful
Plus size lingerie used to come supplied in something resembling industrial webbing. You know, it wa
- Bridesmaids - Colour Predictions for 2007
The predicted colours for the year ahead are fairly diverse. There is still a trend towards put
- Fashion - Array How to Look Stunning This Party Season!
Whatever the usual excuses you use to get out of attending parties, they won't work for the party se
- Look Slimmer - 7 Easy Tips to Loose Weight Instantly
Women who have a larger figure and want to look slimmer can easily knock off a few kilos instantly a
- Fashion Mistakes - 10 Looks to Avoid!
There are many fashion mistakes women make and here we have picked out 10 of the most common ones.
- Why Buy Organic and Fairtrade Cotton Clothes?
Cotton is a globally important fibre, providing returns to many small farmers in developing countrie