Top 10 Article Writing and Submission Mistakes That Stop Sales
Do you want your advanced article marketing to work so well, you will realize triple, even quadruple sales at your site? And, never have to go back to expensive, hard work publicity or marketing campaigns?
Now, you can get a head start to get more visibility for your book or business and high sales when you pay attention to these mistakes many new article authors make.
1. Check your title.
Is it too general, weak or boring? Remember to include a benefit in the title to compel your readers to read the rest. Your article can't be all things to all people, so the more targeted your title is, the more qualified web visitors will visit your site. Have more than one audience? Revamp the article slanted to the new audience.
2. Check your article's opening.
It has to hook your readers right way. Ask some questions about where your audience is now with their challenges. Notice in this article, the thesis and benefits for the article follows the hook. This same format works well with book chapter writing. If you want more people reading your article, always include the why for reading it near the top.
3. Notice too long paragraphs..
When people read your article, they want the information fast and easy. Your readers will skip your long-winded paragraphs. Did you know that over 17 words in one sentence is considered difficult? Make it easy for your reader to get your points with just one point in each paragraph.
4. Notice how hard or easy your article reads. Your reader wants to skim, looking for your best main ideas.. Give them numbered points so they can follow the flow of your information.
5. Check pompous words and jargon. Choose the shortest word to make your point. Think "use" for "utilize." .You will turn off your readers with long words or jargon from a particular industry they may not know. Leave academia behind. Today's business audience wants short and clear active sentences.
6. Check out the three ingredients that make advanced article marketing work. Without a professional web site or one that looks good, but doesn't have sales copy, your articles will do little good. Without well-edited articles people won't read them and sites won't publish them. Without an excellent service or product and sales letter people won't buy.
7. Check out your resource box, often called the web bio. Forget your credentials and focus on the benefits and a free offer such as a report or ezine. People will click on a free offer, not visit your site to buy necessarily.
8. Notice what your email address says about you. When you brand your email with your name and your business you show you are serious about business. If you use AOL or a free account, you show you are not the professional people can trust. When you mix up a lot of unrelated letters and numbers, mistakes transferring it are easily made and it is hard to remember. This low-cost way to publicize yourself is a must. Use your name and your business name in your email address.
9. Watch careless errors. They reflect you are careless in your work. Always spell check and grammar check your work. And, exchange articles with peers to get the best version possible to send out.
10. Rethink your resource box. One mistake your coach made was to write one too long that included several book titles and links. Her articles did not get published until she shortened the bio. Keep it simple and just 4-5 lines. Include the URL at the end.
When you spend a little time learning the advanced article marketing insights from one who has gone before you for five years, you will save a lot of time and money mistakes.
Judy Cullins c. 2007
Related Tags: san diego, ebook, judy cullins, write a book bookcoaching, book writing, self-published book
Book and Internet Marketing Coach, Judy Cullins, can help you build credibility and clients, sell a lot of books, and make maximum profits. Author of 13 books including Write your eBook or Other Short Book Fast and The Fast and Cheap Way to Explode Targeted Web Traffic" Get her free eBook "20 High Octane Book Writing and Marketing Tips" and two free monthly ezines at http://www.bookcoaching.comYour Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Is SEO Optimisation Important Today?
Those who have tried setting up their own websites know just how competitive the online market reall
- How to Shop Fearlessly, Look For Bargains, And Save Time and Money on the Web?
With the advent of online shopping, going to outlets and discount shopping centers may become an act
- Roll Up Stand Changing Vendor Booths
Most people have been to trade shows, home shows, state and county fairs and other places where ther
- Achieving Your Advertising Goals With a Roll Up Stand
Advertising is a common function of a business. However, it requires creativity and hard work to ens
- Trade Show Displays and Expos
Trade Shows and community business Expos provide a captive audience for your business, to get the wo
- How to Make Sure Your Newsletters Are Sent Out on Time
There are three key elements to making sure your newsletter is delivered on time: People, planning,
- Portable Displays - Trade Show Displays
Portable Displays are the best option for exhibitors when it comes to Trade Shows. Portable Displays
- Banner Displays - a Great Portable Display
Banner Displays are considered one of the most portable displays when used for trade shows. They com
- Small Business Reputation Management - Your Small Business Information Could be Wrong
Bad information could be out there circulating on the Internet this very minute about your business
- Eight Guidelines For Writing Newsletters That Engage Your Readers and Build Your Business
Want to write newsletters that engage your readers and help to build community? Whether you are a sm
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Adsense Is Making Me Rich
I want to talk to you about the power of Google AdSense and how you can use it to generate not hundr
- How to Increase Your Business Using the Esoteric Science of Radionics
As a small business owner, there are an amazing number of difficult skills I need to master so my bu
- 14 Top Lead Generation Tips
According to former Harvard Business School professor David Maister, typical marketing practices are
- More Marketing Dope
Direct marketing can make you very successful, but you’ve got to understand the basics. Here a
- The State Of Paid-To-Surf Programs Today
What a difference a year can make. 12 months ago, auto surf programs were at their peak. More an
- Should You Open Up An Ebay Store?
Ebay has provided some amazing opportunities for many people to earn online. This widely popular au
- Is Adsense A Good Idea?
For many webmasters, Google AdSense has become a great revenue generator. Since the program pays th
- The "Coat Of Arms" Revisited
Recently I listened to a interview with Mark Joyner and Gary Halbert about Gary's famous "Coat of Ar
- Brand Loyalty
It's a challenge getting consumers to remain loyal to a particular brand. Unlike the good old days w
- The Hottest Affiliate Ebooks Out in the Market Today!
Affiliate Project X is a great affiliate marketing ebook. Totaling only 50 pages you could have your