When is an Adjustable Rate Mortgage a Good Idea?
Short Term Stay in The Home - Very simply, an ARM would be appropriate for those home buyers who are positive that they will not be living forever in the property they're now thinking of buying. ARM's allow buyers to pay a fixed amount for a certain number of years, and then an amount that is subject to increases on a regular schedule. Depending on the specific features of a borrower's ARM, this initial fixed payment period will usually range from one year up to five years. Payments during the fixed period are sometimes considered interest only, therefore the original principle balance remains unchanged.
Increase in Income Ahead - A second potential buyer situation that would make an ARM a good consideration is one in which the buyer is certain that his steady monthly income will be increasing prior to the end of the proposed fixed payment period. Since it is nearly inevitable that the borrower's loan payment amount will increase, a higher income will be necessary to satisfy such obligations. If the buyer does not foresee his net income permanently increasing, then the likelihood that the higher payments would be unaffordable is extreme.
Related Tags: mortgage, adjustable, home loan, arm
Get a Free Mortgage Quote With a Recommended Mortgage Company - We maintain a list of recommended reputable mortgage companies online. We update it frequently. All of our recommended mortgage companies provide multiple, competitive offers per application.
Do You Have Bad Credit? Get a Free Quote From One of Our Recommended Bad Credit Mortgage Companies - We maintain a list of recommended lenders that service borrowers with credit problems.
Recent articles in this category:
- Understand The Fha Guidelines Before Considering Fha Mortgage
The U.S. economy was hit hard by the global financial meltdown. In the housing sector, the crisis is
- Basic Facts About Multifamily Apartment Construction Loans
When you make an investment, you surely think of getting something out of it to make the deal profit
- Commercial Mortgage Refinance Loan - Ideal Solution For Financial Problems
Financial security is something which we have to plan from before. In life, there is no certainty wh
- Free Government Grant Money Eligibility Requirements
All of us hear about free government grant money. But what is involved in obtaining this money? What
- Top 10 Tips On Buy To Let Mortgages And Property Hunting
If you are looking for an opportunity to invest your savings or any money you have come into, there
- A Few Tips On How To Stop Foreclosure
In case you are facing certain financial catastrophe caused by a loss or relocation of a job, or wha
- How To Stop Foreclosure And Lose Your Residence To The Bank
In today's market, there are more and more citizens that get big loans then they use their home as a
- Most Excellent Way To Stop Foreclosure - The #1 Blueprint For Saving Your Home
Just what is the best measure to stop foreclosure? No doubt you are browsing for an answer to that q
- Act Fast To Stop Foreclosure
If you would like to find out how you can put a stop to foreclosure, there is not much to accomplish
- Tips For Buying A Home With No Money
There is a popular belief that you can only buy a home if you have great credit. This is false becau
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Mortgage Refinancing - Rate Caps Protect You When Refinancing With an Adjustable Rate Mortgage
Adjustable Rate Mortgages can save you money when mortgage refinancing if you fully understand how t
- 100% Mortgage Loans: What You Need to Know
Coming up with a 20% down payment can be a difficult task for many potential homebuyers. If you are
- Home Equity Loan Pitfalls
The home equity loan came of age in 1996 when changes in the tax law eliminated deductions for the i
- Mortgage Refinancing: How the Fannie Mae Weekly Yield can Help You Comparison Shop
Mortgage refinancing without knowing Fannie Mae's weekly yield is like buying a used car without kno
- How to Pay Off Your Mortgage in 7 Years, Without Extra Payments
One of the most exciting new topics concerning wealth is “How to Pay Off Your Mortgage in
- Mortgage Rate Comparison
Trying to get an "apples to apples" mortgage rate comparison can often be quite a hassle. Traditiona
- Should I Pay Off My Mortgage Early?
Many people think that real estate debt is good debt. They think that their mortgage is their bigges
- Mortgage Refinancing: Beware the Mortgage Vultures
If you are in the process of mortgage refinancing you need to be wary of overpaying for your loan.
- Mortage Loans - How Much Does It Actually Cost In The End
Mortgage loans are the loans used to finance most people's first home. It is the big loan that ever
- Where To Locate Home Improvement Loan Companies
Where to locate home improvement companies is a question that arises from many different people. Som