Gout Pain Relief Through Ayurvedic Medicine
Gout pain relief is available not only through conventional western medicine, but also through alternative medicines such as the ancient form of ayurvedic medicine. In ayurvedic medicine, gout is referred to as vatrakta.
Vatrakta is indicated biochemically of:
- An augmentation in the concentration level of serum urate.
- Recurrent acute pain attacks within the joints, which may become persistent and chronic in nature.
- Occurrence of monosodium urate mono hydrate crystals within the fluid spaces inside the joints at the time of an acute attack.
Ayurvedic gout pain relief is not a generalized form of treatment and is therefore not the same for everyone. The recommended treatments vary from person to patient depending on the physical and psychological health and status of the individual. However, there are certain single and compound formulations that are used for gout pain relief as well as to minimize other symptoms of the condition. Some of the more commonly used formulations are:
- Mahamanjishthadi kwath
- Shilajitwadi vati
- Panchitkta churna
Diet is very important to Ayurvedic gout pain relief methods, as everything that will increase the production of uric acid is to be eliminated from the diet. Foods that are considered to be purine-rich should therefore be avoided as they encourage uric acid production, these commonly include:
- Legumes (peas, dried beans, lentils, etc)
- Beer and other beverages containing alcohol
- Oil-packed sardines, anchovies, roes from fish, herring
- Organ meats (kidneys, liver, sweetbreads, etc)
- Meat extracts (gravies, consommés, etc)
Foods that are often recommended during Ayurvedic gout pain relief treatments may include the following:
- Dark skinned berries such as cherries as they contain substances that act within the body to reduce levels of uric acid as well as minimize inflammation.
- To eat tofu in place of meats.
- Foods high in certain fatty acids (such as omega 3), for example, olive oil, flax oil, and certain nuts. These fatty acids contain important anti-inflammatory properties that help to ease inflammation in the joints.
Another level of gout pain relief in the ayurvedic style can include panchakarma, which can involve either a form of massage using medicated oils or snehana therapies, which have shown very beneficial results when treating gout.
If you are considering ayurvedic treatments for gout pain relief, you should first make sure to speak to your doctor or another trained health professional in order to assess your unique health needs and determine whether ayurvedic medicine is the right choice for you.
You may find that there are also other treatments available for gout pain relief that may work better or in conjunction with ayurvedic methods. These may include techniques such as uric acid manipulation through the pH level of the body. The only way that you will be able to make this decision is by speaking to your health practitioner and learning about the various techniques and treatments for gout sufferers before coming to a decision on the best approach for your individual situation.
Related Tags: gout home treatment, gout remedy, gout pain relief, gout cure, rid of gout, natural cure for gout
Grab your free copy of Lisa McDowell's brand new Gout Newsletter - Overflowing with easy to implement methods to help you discover more about effective natural gout pain relief methods that you can try at home. Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- How Safe Are Prescription Topical Non - Steroidal Drugs... Particularly in the Elderly?
The treatment of osteoarthritis, to date, is essentially palliative.Osteoarthritis is a degenerative
- The Biggest Acne Myths Dispelled
Acne scars are sort of like being hit while you are down. First you live with the misery of the init
- Natural Cure For Eczema - Become Eczema Free, The Natural Way!
When it comes to eczema, doctors' tend to have little advice to offer other than using creams and lo
- Childhood Obesity Cured With Hypnosis
It is very unfortunate when a child is suffering from obesity. It is a very major medical problem th
- Children Changing With Hypnosis
The challenges we face everyday in the world may cause difficulties in life for not only adults, but
- Don't Suffer in Silence - Remove Your Warts and All
Many people suffer with skin conditions that can leave them worried, scared and feeling like they co
- Treat Red and Irritated Skin Easily
Wash your skin with a gentle cleanser, apply a cold compress, soak in a warm oatmeal bath, apply Alo
- How to Effectively Treat Stretch Marks to Diminish Them
Stretch marks or striae appear as red or purple marks on the skin and are actually a form of scarrin
- Medicine: A Science and Art
Medicine is all about dealing with the healing human ailments. It is both a science as well as art a
- Six Important Facts About Babesia
Babesia, which causes Babesiosis, generally requires two hosts throughout its lifespan. It originate
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Sinus Headache Relief
Sinus headache is a result of inflammation in the passage behind the cheeks, nose and eyes. It cause
- Simple Lifestyle Changes That Can Help You Get Rid Of Acne
As anyone who has ever suffered knows, acne can be a debilitating condition, causing humiliation and
- Acne Treatment For Children
Acne is a very common thing for children and adolescents especially between the ages of nine and sev
- Coping With An Ileostomy Due To Crohns Disease
Crohn's sufferers that have constipation due to a stricture, have a severe case of Crohn's that may
- Are There Home Remedies For Acid Reflux?
Acid Reflux or heart burn as it is commonly called is a very unpleasant condition in which the liqui
- How To Relieve Sinus Pressure
Swollen, inflamed sinuses are, to put it mildly, very uncomfortable. Sinuses get infected and inflam
- The Pain Of The Psoriasis Patient
Psoriasis is one of the most difficult diseases people have to deal with, effecting many areas in th
- Lipitor Memory Loss: When Memories Vanish, What Can You Do?
Lipitor memory loss has been experienced by patients taking this statin medication to reduce cholest
- Are Discount Vitamins For Everyone?
And the news is --- discount vitamins really are for just about everyone! Young, old, male, female,
- Are Pharmaceutical Sales Reps Really Needed?
Aside from a few free samples, some cheap pens and calendars, or maybe a sweet magnet to put on your