10 Easy Steps to a More Productive Trading Day
Being a successful market trader can encompass your entire life. The market bell may sound before your morning coffee is ready, and it runs through your lunchtime. When the day is over, you may be too exhausted to even heat up that gourmet dinner. By taking 10 easy steps, however, you can ensure that your mind, body, and portfolio are enjoying a more productive trading day.
1. Turn Off the TV - The TV may provide some financial information, but can be very distracting. Turning down the volume or putting it in an out of sight location will help you focus on day trading. Your trading style can easily be affected by the things you're hearing without you even knowing.
2. Keep in Touch - Skill-building activities will help you stay in the state of mind you need to be profitable. An online home study course is a great tool to get away from the stresses of trading and to learn more about trading. Leveraging your down time into something productive will yield better results.
3. NetWorking - The secrets of profitable traders can only be learned by networking. Indeed, in the financial market, the phrase, "it isn't what you can do but who you know" still reigns true. Professional traders usually know someone who trades and talks to them to bounce off trading ideas and strategies.
4. Take a Lunch - Don't keep yourself tied down to your trade station. Resuming normal activities, such as taking a lunch then a brief break, will make life more normal. Day trading is stressful, and you need the time off to unwind.
5. Look for Quality Trades - Consistent profits don't come from taking every single trade. You need to force yourself to make only quality trades to cut down on commissions and the stress that comes with many open positions.
6. Develop a Trading Plan - Develop a trading plan for certain markets. It is always wise to have your trading plan down on paper so that you instantly see it and act accordingly. If you have extra time, fine tune your strategy with a trading plan planner for certain market conditions. The time investment more than pays off in your portfolio returns.
7. Day Trading Is Not Investing - You're not buying for the long haul so plan your investments around the current time. Avoid stressful situations by selling before the market close. Holding positions overnight is a quick way to wreck your trading capital.
8. Trade With the Market - Only take positions that go with the overall market. If the decliners are outpacing the advancers, it probably wouldn't be a good time to go long, regardless of how great the trade looks.
9. Avoid the News - A complete trading plan should touch on topics such as news events and other large market movers. However, avoiding the daily news will keep random variables from hurting your capital and make you a more productive trader.
10. Take Days Off - If you need to, take a day off from trading to relax. Stressful traders are not productive traders.
Related Tags: day trading, investing, trading style, professional traders, consistent profits, secrets of profitable traders, develop of a trading plan
Leroy Rushing is an active, professional day trader; trading coach; and author. He is the Founder and CEO of Trading EveryDay, a distinguished provider of educational trading products and services that are available worldwide. Trading EveryDay also has many articles with unique perspectives on day trading.Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Day Trading Penny Stocks - How to Invest in Penny Stocks
Day trading penny stocks can be risky business, as with any other venture that involves speculatin
- Market Factors Affecting Day Trading
Day trading of financial instruments such as stocks, futures and forex currencies demands quick res
- Forex Day Trading and Scalping Secrets
Most new Forex traders are attracted to day trading and scalping, as it offers small regular gains
- Be the Knight Who Makes Only Profits in the Stock Market
Online Stock Trading Tips-Those large screens in NYSE show the live data of the rise and fall of mo
- Best Bot Software for Penny Stocks - Automated Currency Trading Software
Bot software for penny stocks is simply a software that helps us trade on penny stocks online. The
- Online Trading: About Online Trading
The invention of the Internet has brought about many changes in the way that we conduct our lives a
- Online Trading: Different Types of Bonds
Investing in bonds is very safe, and the returns are usually very good. There are four basic types
- Online Trading: Choosing a Broker
Depending on the type of investing that you plan to do, you may need to hire a broker to handle you
- Online Stock Trading Strategies: Plan Your Profit
Making strategies is essential, specially in the field of business. If you are good at it then thi
- Online Trading Strategies and Its Effects in the Trading Market
Doing any work without any strategies would not be perfect. Even though you complete it the result
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Introduction to Day Trading
Day trading is the practice of buying and then selling a stock all within a single day of market act
- Cheaper Online Trading Strategies Can Make You Rich
After all, it is only human thing to want more always. Therefore, there is nothing wrong if you are
- Online Trading Comparison - Help Traders Analyse Stock Trends
Online trading involves buying and selling of stocks online. Online trading requires precision, inf
- Join Stock Trading Community & Get Tips From Experienced Traders
Most of the newbie traders started up with online stock trading businesses get into fix in which wa
- Key to the Online Trading Secrets
The technology of Internet has helped every online business to perform better and among differen
- Stock Traders Can Learn From Online Trading Comparison
Many people nowadays are planning to become a part of online trading and earn money but the busines
- Joining a Stock Community Can be Beneficial
Becoming a part of any kind of a community helps a person to interact with people of his/her kin
- Are You Wondering How to Start Investing in a Stock Market?
Are you wondering how to start investing in a stock market? Well if so this article will help you u
- Why Do We Need Trading Message Boards
There was a time when emails seemed to be the most convenient and the easiest way to communicate
- Online Trading Community & a Surplus in Your Profits
Online Trading Community-Stories of people who have lost their money in various investments are qui