How to Embrace and Thrive in Today's Buyer's Market
You have two options:
1.You can moan and groan.
2.You can thrive.
Those who wish to moan and groan, well, you may want to go find another article to read.
Now, for those who want to thrive, first you must know a little about buyers.
NAR has found some rather revealing habits of homebuyers: – 77% of homebuyers used an agent to buy their home. – Buyers searched for a median of two weeks on their own before contacting a real estate professional. – Over three quarters of homebuyers used only one agent in their home search. – Buyers ranked reputation as the most important factor when choosing a real estate professional to assist with a home purchase.
The first rule in marketing is to know who you are targeting. So keep learning who buyers are and what their modus operandi is. After that, the best way to thrive in a buyer's market is this: Know your scripts.
A question I hear a lot as a real estate consultant and coach is: How do I get a buyer off the fence?
The answer? Know your scripts and use them to understand buyer motivation – buyers will jump off the fence like it was on fire.
Do a quick audit of your scripts by asking:
1. Do your scripts go deep? By that I mean, do they uncover the buyer's true motivation. Because once you know the motivation, you can focus in on what really sells.
Ask lots of open-ended questions and then – by all means – be quiet. Listen! Find out why they're looking in a certain area? Is it schools? Is it a job transfer? Is it retirement? Learn why they want a basement or a view or a deck. Go three, four or five questions deep.
Start with the top three items a buyer wants and as you find homes that fit those criteria, go back and learn more buyer wants and continue to trim the list to about 10 homes.
Then spring this on them: "Remember those top three items you wanted in a home? Well, here we have 10 homes that have those three items plus all the other things you want in a new home."
You've given them more than they wanted – you've over-delivered – never a bad thing!
2. Do your scripts reflect your knowledge of the current market? Understanding the nuances of the real estate market is precisely what buyers expect from an agent – especially in a buyer's market.
Yes, you want to know about the interest rates and the number of homes on the market, but you also want to be able to match your services with those current market conditions. Make sure you're sharing your track record and experience. When you do, your credibility skyrockets.
Know how to take advantage of what is going on in your market, to make the most of rising interest rates and of larger inventories of homes.
3. Do your scripts create a sense of urgency? Use the fact that rising interest rates can do that just that – rise and rise quickly. And yes, there are plenty of homes on the market. But don't think there are plenty of buyers who know that and the balance can shift quickly – buyers can start snapping up those good properties at any time.
And remember the old adage about the power of suggestion. Make sure you give buyers suggestions. "Here's what I recommend we do…" kind of verbiage will often get the buyer moving toward action.
There you have it – time spent honing your scripts will pay major dividends.
Bob Corcoran is a nationally recognized speaker who is the founder of Corcoran Consulting, an international consulting & coaching company that specializes in performance coaching, and the implementation of sound business systems.http://www.CorcoranCoaching.com 800-957-8353 Info@CorcoranCoaching.com Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Tips To Better Prepare Yourself For The House Buying Process
Everybody who has been through the process of buying a home will attest that it can turn into a very
- Gain Qualified Prospects With The Cash Cow Sales Funnel
I've had the privilege to work with hundreds of sales and business people all working hard to make m
- How To Write A Good Telemarketing Sales Script
By defining your specific selling process you will be able to apply a system that works over and ove
- The Popularity Of Antique Cabinets Over The Years
Ever since collectors have been hoarding pieces of value and interest, antique cabinets have been ar
- Guide In Selecting Clothes Hangers
One of the least respected areas in your home is your wardrobe. Most of the time it is stuffed with
- Does Mattress Manufacturer In China Reliable?
The time we spend on bed is almost 1/3 of our whole life! So it's very important for everybody to se
- What Makes A Good Salesperson
This fact is not hidden nor is this thesis cutting edge. There are a lot of personality and professi
- Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance: Tips & Tools To Increase Productivity
Prior proper planning prevents poor performance. It may be a tongue twister, but it's important to r
- Attractive Votive Candles
Impeccable range of candles and lanterns enhance home interiors. Simple yet elegant in design and fi
- Sales Articles - Do You Want To Find Building Maintenance Supplies In Your Area?
Building maintenance supplies are among key factors to protect buildings against excessive depreciat
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Cold Calling - A Surprising Way To Gain Insider Information
If you knocked on all the doors in your neighborhood, you'd learn a lot about the people who live ar
- How To Touch More Clients For Referrals
Interested in more referrals? Want to guarantee success in any referral marketing program? Here is a
- The Power of One
One is a very tiny number. However, it can have a tremendous impact on your revenues. Here are some
- Sell Your Customer What They Need
When it comes to selling your products it is important to ask your potential customers probing quest
- Profiting With Private Label Rights
There are three basic rights you should know about when it comes to resale rights marketing. T
- The Lazy Way to Increase Your Sales Immediately... without spending a penny!
Let’s start at the beginning… First up, how do you define an affiliate program, or affi
- Your Sales Self-Image
All sales success is the result of a foundation grounded in right attitudes and positive self-esteem
- Sales And Marketing - Let Others Do The Work
There are many different ways in which businesses of today approach potential prospects and customer
- The Financial Influencer
In my last article, I talked about the four influencers you have to deal with in a B2B sale. The fou
- Be a Successful Salesperson in Five Steps
Want to get your business or career into high gear? Look first at the top line on a profit and loss