Individual Health Insurance
Tips When Shopping For Individual Health Insurance:
* Shop carefully. Policies differ widely in coverage and cost. Compare different insurance companies via an independent broker. Be sure to ask your agent to show you policies from several insurers so you can compare them.
* Make sure the policy protects you from large medical costs.
* Read and understand the policy. Make sure it provides the kind of coverage that's right for you. You don't want unpleasant surprises when you're sick or in the hospital.
* Check to see that the policy states: the date that the policy will begin paying (some have a waiting period before coverage begins), and what is covered or excluded from coverage.
* It is a Federal law that you have a " 10 day free look". This means that you get at least 10 days to look over your policy after you receive it. If you decide it is not for you, you can return it and have your premium refunded.
* Beware of single disease insurance policies. There are some polices that offer protection for only one disease, such as cancer.
There are many different types of individual health insurance. Each one has pros and cons. There is no single "best" plan. The health plan that's right for a single person may not be best for a family with small children. And a plan that works for one family may not be right for another.
Choosing an individual health insurance plan is not unlike making any other major purchase: You pick the individual health plan that meets your needs and your budget. For most people, this means deciding which plan is worth the cost. As an example, plans that allow you the most choices in doctors and hospitals also tend to cost more than plans that limit choices. Plans that help to manage the care you receive usually cost you less, but you give up some freedom of choice.
Cost isn't the only thing to consider when buying individual health insurance. You also need to consider what benefits are covered. You need to compare plans carefully for both cost and coverage.
Ideally, you should deal with an independent insurance broker. An independent broker will assist in finding you coverage from several different insurance carriers. The more choices the better it works out for you.
Related Tags: health, insurance, individual
Travis Waack is a licensed Independent Insurance Agent and Webmaster. Find online health insurance quotes, news, information and feedback at www.greathealthinsurance.comYour Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Radiofrequency Neurolysis of Facet Joint
What is radiofrequency ablation (RFA)?Radiofrequency is a means of interrupting pain signals. An ele
- What Is Best Treatment For Malaria?
Malaria is directly correlated with traveling to foreign countries with large populations of Aedes m
- Health Insurance Information for College Graduates
Resume...Ready.References...Ready.Health Insurance...what?Now that you've graduated from college, yo
- Individual Health Insurance - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
Individual health insurance coverage can be very costly and may not provide 100% of all of the benef
- Low Cost Health Insurance In Texas
Texas health insurance options are pretty good if you need to get individual or family health insura
- Why Do I Need Disability Insurance?
Your career is a direct result of hard work and a substantial investment of time and money. Do
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Michigan Heads April's Chiropractic Office Billing Software Precision Index
Chiropractic Office Billing Software Performance Index (BPI) in April 2007 outperformed its March va
- Understanding Health Insurance
Health insurance is a necessity for all. With medical expenses soaring every day higher than a hang
- Tips On Finding The Right Health Insurance For Your Family
Choosing the right health insurance provider is a big decision, but it's an even bigger decision whe
- NPI Deadline Extension? How Does the CMS 1500 and NPI Deadline Extension Affect Your Office
There is a lot of buzz out there about the CMS, Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services, extending
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Aromatherapy Information
Guidelines that Aromatherapy enthusiasts ought to knowCombined with the mode on new age events on th
- The Benefits of Not Having Health Insurance
Sounds silly doesn't it.But wait.The benefits of not having health insurance can be summed up in one
- Ups and Downs of the "New" Consumer Directed Healthplans
After nearly 20 years of low copays for office visits, prescriptions, hospitalizations and the like,
- Affordable Health Insurance in Houston, Texas
Houston, Texas provides many things to many people. Museums, fairs, marathons, festivals - you name
- Free Health Insurance Quotes
Why waste time calling one insurance company after another to get health insurance quotes? Just as t
- Affordable Health Insurance in Michigan
If you are having trouble finding affordable health insurance in Michigan, you may want to look into
- Health Insurance Is Important
The importance of health insurance cannot be stressed enough. There are probably very few families
- Cold Sore Treatment - Grandma's Breakthrough Treatment Leaves Experts Clueless
About 50% to 80% of the American population carries the herpes simplex 1 virus. That is easily more
- Alternative Medicine And Its Important Role In Your Healthcare
Alternative Medicine is redefining the boundaries of individual health and well being and is beginni
- Health Insurance Invites Waste
What if you had supermarket insurance and 20% was the most you would pay for any item you bought? W