List Building - How to Structure Your Email Campaign
You may have read things in the past about how you should send only content and free gifts the first 4-7 emails, and then add promotional emails after that. I want to debunk that theory right now. It may work for some people, but I have found that I make far more money of I start sending out sales pieces earlier in the game. Now, my results might be skewed because the bulk of the people who subscribe to my email list are either referred to me by someone they trust, or they have read one or more of my articles, and already trust me some. So my average subscriber is a little different than the subscriber that comes to you from a pay per click campaign.
So I am going to give you my own formula for structuring an email campaign. It is probably quite different from anything you have ever seen before, because I developed it myself, and have never, to the best of my knowledge, seen something just like it.
I developed this after stringent testing on my list, after realizing that the long-term open rate of emails is between 20% and 30%, and that that rate is reached early in the email sequence, and that if I wait until after the 4th-7th email to start sending promotional emails, my open rate is 1/3 of what it could have been at the beginning, and, all things being equal, my sales will also be 1/3 of what they could have been if I sold earlier.
So this is what I do:
1) Welcome email. This includes a link to the promised product, and can also include a link to a free bonus product.
2) A free gift email - just include a link to another free item.
3) A content email - strong, useful content
4) A sales email - a link to a product you or someone else is selling
5) A free gift email - another free gift
6) A sales email - directing them to another of your products, or an affiliate product (different than the first sales email offer)
7) A content email
I also send out sales letter broadcasts most weekdays, so many times they are receiving two emails that day, one is the email in the autoresponder sequence, the other is the broadcast. This method works very well for me, and is currently netting me around $2 per month per subscriber in revenue.
Related Tags: list building, how to structure your email campaign
have just completed my brand new guide to article marketing success, 'Your Article Writing and Promotion Guide'
Download it free here: Secrets of Article Promotion
Do you want to learn how to build a massive list fast? Click here: Email List Building
Sean Mize is a full time internet marketer who has created over 350 articles in print and 8 published ebooks. Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Building Your List - 10 Tips On Finding Blogs To Drive Tarffic To Your Blog And Build Your List
One of the best ways to increase traffic, readership, and opt-ins to your blog is through other blog
- List Building - The "Secret" To Making Money In An Internet-Enabled Market
You have been told countless times that one of the "secrets" to making money online is to own an opt
- Exchange Link
There are various ways to become popular in life and it is always an advantage to your business if y
- $7 Reports For Better Mailing Lists And Online Empire Building
In any business, your most valuable asset is your customer list. Online, this translates to your mai
- 3 Killer List Building Techniques to Get More Subscribers Immediately
Many ezine publishers have been trying to get more opt-ins by testing many different methods, and if
- Online List Building Techniques Part II
When a visitor lands on your squeeze page they are made an offer. That can be a free ebook, an ecou
- Online List Building Techniques Part I
If you are not sure if online list building techniques are relevant to you, keep this in mind. Inte
- List Building Tips - 3 Cutting Edge List Building Tips
Many people who are new to doing business on the internet are in need of good list building tips in
- Top Reasons that List Building can Help You Make More Money
When it comes to attracting visitors and customers to your website, you may be at loss as to what to
- Silent Profit Machine - An Honest Review
If you pay attention to the internet marketing world, by now you've probably heard of Alok Jain's "S
Most viewed articles in this category:
- List Building - How do You Correct Dropping Email Open Rates?
How do you correct this? The answer is simple: improve the quality of your free gift. But you must
- List Building Techniques for Increasing Subscriber Responsiveness
So what are my techniques?1) Send free offers. Just send an email with the subject line: "A free
- List Building And The Successful Entrepreneur
Obviously as an entrepreneur you want to be successful but what if I told you that you are probably
- Verify Bulk Email Lists
The internet has changed the world. Internet access has put so many conveniences at our fingertips.
- List Building: You Can Build Your List Around Any Business
People often ask me, "How relevant is your list building instruction for professionals who sell our
- List Building With the Best Possible Prospects
"The Money is in the List"You've probably read that statement or heard it thousands of times if you
- How To Gain Trust In a Hurry To Get More Opt In Subscribers To Your Newsletter List!
People who subscribe to your email list want to hear from you. They want more information about your
- Internet Marketing with a Opt In List Building Purpose for a Profit
Internet marketing with a list building focus for long term online income is one of the most amazing
- Four Means to Building a Killer List
When working on a killer mailing list to help forward your marketing needs, there are a few things y
- List Building - It's ALL About List Building
So, what are the two options in Internet Marketing?List building or failure.It's just that simple.Ma