Knowing When to Hire a Bookkeeper
Do you love the thought of handling the financial books for your business? For most of us, unless you do bookkeeping for a living, the answer to that question is probably no.
How much time does it take you on either a daily or weekly basis to handle this task? If you are finding it is taking too much time away from what your focus should be, it may be time to consider hiring someone to help.
Here are a few signs that it may be time to hire a bookkeeper:
1) You loathe the thought of even opening your financial software program.
2) You find yourself in the office way past your normal working hours tackling bookkeeping issues.
3) Your frustration level grows higher each time you work on your books.
4) At tax time you stumble to get your paperwork together for your accountant or CPA.
Sometimes it's better to free up your time for those things that are more important to you and to the success of your business. Listen to your inner wisdom, and if/when the time is right and your budget will allow, hire someone to take off the pressure. Your peace of mind will be well worth it.
© 2006 Cynthia Morse, Virtually At Your Service. All rights reserved.
Cynthia Morse CAP is a Virtual Assistant, and the owner of Virtually At Your Service, http://www.virtuallyatyourservice.biz.
She offers top-level administrative support to small business owners and other busy professionals from her home office, allowing them the time to focus on what they love and do best. Visit her blog, 'Virtual Biz Connection',
http://virtuallyatyourservice.typepad.com/virtualbizconnection. It's full of tips, helpful articles and resources for your small business!
Recent articles in this category:
- Benefits of Online Accounting and Bookkeeping
Accounting and bookkeeping are some of the most delicate and time-consuming jobs. It really gets d
- Rodman & Rodman, P.c. Shares Cash Flow Tips in a Bad Economy
So how can a small business survive in a bad economy? Larry Rice, CPA, Director of Strategic Con
- Desston *** Chartered Certified Accountants ***
Our ServicesOur services are varied and include: Accounting Regular management accounts and report
- Irs Debt
Debt owed to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is called IRS debt or tax debt. IRS debt may be a
- Money Transactions Worldwide
What is Moneybookers? What are the benefits of using Moneybookers?
- Arc of Greater Plymouth to Hold Children's Holiday Party on December 4th in Marshfield
DATELINE: MARSHFIELD AND
- Adverse Credit Loans: Loaded With Facilities for Poor Scorers
To achieve financial support even after possessing bad credit records one should go for the adverse
- The Lowdown on Accounting Careers
Accounting careers are in great demand, these days. This is because they are providing some amazin
- Budgeting for Retirement
Many people think that once they retire budgeting their money is going to be a lot harder, this is
- Budgeting You Money When Living in an Expensive City
The cost of living in a city increases almost everyday. With just the average rent of a two room Ne
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Successful Payroll Management
Yet, successful payroll management doesn't have to be a chore. Further, you can find significant adv
- Benefits of Bookkeeping Outsourcing Online for Accounting Firms
Bookkeeping is a monotonous task for accounting firms. It takes long and tedious hours to maintain t
- Spank Your Bookies
Bettor A: The Ego Bettor - This bettor is primarily motivated by the feeling of superiority that he
- Legal Applications of official Paper Shredder at Accounting Departments
The way shredders are traditionally purchased and sold is by an uneducated consumer talking to an un
- Do you Need Back Office Outsourcing?
Have you ever imagined how important the back office process is for the success of any organization?
- Meet Deadlines and Earn Profit via Tax Preparation Outsourcing
Tax preparation is the information given out by an individual or an organization to a government bod
- Internal Audit Still Faces Talent Shortage
More than half of the 400 respondents to PricewaterhouseCoopers' second annual report..."In tod
- Computerized Financial Accounting - Methods and Practices - Use of software in Accounting
Complete financial accounting course or tutorial covers a range of following topics. It is being eva
- Global Venture Capital: Ernst and Young Reports on Important Trend
"The convergence of globalization, Web 2.0, media and innovations in IT and life sciences are f
- Accounting Positions
When most people think of accounting, what comes to mind is usually basic information that's not par