Business 3 Tips For Buying A Magnetic Necklace
Whether you're buying for it pain therapy or for just plain looks, you'll need to know several things about choosing a magnetic necklace. First, you'll want to be familiar with the types of necklaces and how they are designed to be worn. Second, you'll need to know about the differences in quality. Not only is the quality of the craftsmanship important, but also the strength and quality of the magnets themselves. Lastly, you'll want to understand how the differences in magnetic necklaces fits your style.
1. The right type of necklace - There are a few styles of magnetic necklaces, so you'll want to make sure you get the right one for you. First, is the lariat. Lariat necklaces have no clasp, and wrap around your neck using the magnets in them to stay fastened. Lariats, also called "wraps" or "snakes," are usually 36 or 37 inches, and can be worn in several different ways around the neck.
They can wrap a full turn, or less than a full turn around the neck. When worn this way the remainder of the beads hang below the neck, usually with the two sides joined in a straight line. They can wrap more than one full turn around the neck with a remainder, or they can coil around the neck like a collar. They can also be worn around the wrist or ankle, although they will obviously coil more times. Because of their length, these typically have the most magnets of any type of necklace.
Unlike the lariat, the other types of magnetic necklaces are more like traditional necklaces with a clasp. The difference, of course, is that the clasp is usually magnetic. These necklaces can be made in different sizes, so be sure to get the right size for you. You'll find these necklaces plain, or with charms that are sometimes magnetic as well. A hematite cross is a popular magnetic charm.
You'll find both the lariats and the traditional shape magnetic necklaces with or without accent beads. These accent beads can be magnetic hematite beads, or some type of non-magnetic bead. Higher quality necklaces will sport accents such as hematite, freshwater pearls, or semi-precious stones in turquoise, cherry quartz, or agate. These necklaces are more expensive, and also usually have stronger, higher quality magnets. Be alert that the better lariats will have as many as 48 high powered magnets.
2. Quality - There are two aspects to the quality. The first is the craftsmanship, and the second is the quality of materials used. As I've mentioned, higher quality necklaces usually use higher quality accent beads, and more powerful magnets. If you're interested in pain relief, powerful magnets are a must. Watch out for lesser quality products.
A high quality maker of magnetic jewelry will choose stronger magnets, and higher quality accents. Look for a craftsperson who creates custom-made designs in magnetic jewelry, rather than one of the mass-produced pieces. These custom pieces will more than likely be using higher powered magnets and materials.
3. Style - You'll have to weigh all these differences against your personal style. Some people love the versatility of the lariat, while others prefer a more traditional look. Some enjoy the elegance and color of semi-precious stones, while others prefer the clean high-tech look of the polished black hematite. Cloisonne, lady bugs, and seasonal beads are very popular.
If you weren't familiar with the ins and outs of magnetic necklace buying, I hope this primer has you up to speed. Choosing the right type of necklace is important, especially for pain relief purposes. You'll have to decide whether you like the flexibility of the lariat, or the look of the traditional style.
You'll also want to ensure that your necklace has the quality to last. In addition, you'll need it to have the right number of high powered magnets if you're wearing it for therapy purposes. Once you've got those concerns taken care of, buying to match your style is your key to long lasting enjoyment.
Article writen by Kurt Schmitt
magnetic bracelets - magnetic jewelry - magnetic therapy bracelets
Related Tags: golf gift, magnetic therapy, magnetic jewelry, magnetic bracelets, magnetic therapy bracelets, golf jewelry
Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- The No. 1 Rule For Projecting Confidence - Speak With Authority
One of the most important characteristics a person can project in a business setting - or any situat
- After the Autumn Checkout European Debt Crisis and U.S. Brewing Rebound
In the commotion caused by the Fed on interest rates come to an end, the "disastrous" for the euro a
- Advantages Of Arcade Game Rentals
There are many different advantages to arcade game rentals. Most people need something to release th
- A General Primer on Truck Cargo Nets
In modern highways it is quite rare to see truck cargo nets in action, this is because they are usua
- The United States Will Burst More Severe Financial Crisis
Not long ago, suddenly announced that the central bank to raise interest rates, the interest rate hi
- Niche Marketing Profits - 3 Easy Steps to Finding a Profitable Niche Market Income in 10 Minutes
Like most beginners I was having a very difficult time trying to find a niche market to earn extra m
- The Importance of Hospitality Management Consulting Firms Toronto
Businesses and the managers that help guide any business are in a constant state of improvement and
- New Keynesian Theory Label
2010 winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics three theories have been labeled as "New Keynesian" labe
- Federal Reserve Pouring Money QE2 Unpredictable Fortune
U.S. economist Milton Friedman proposed a "throw the cash from a helicopter" view, while the practic
- Fiscal Consolidation Should no Longer Delay
British Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne today announced fiscal consolidation policy, shoc
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Common Financial Problems to Avoid
One must first change their habits and not procrastinate. American Consultants Inc at offers key fi
- How a Bad Hire Can Hurt Your Business
What's worse - hiring the wrong person or not hiring anyone at all? Companies can become almost des
- Joel Comm Is Dr. Adsense
What is Adsense? If you are new to making money online and net marketing, you may not know what Ads
- 5 Steps For A Dynamic Wealth System Online
Recipe: Opportunity + knowledge + Dynamic Wealth System + Your Action = Massive Success!!! Step 1
- How To Stop Foreclosure
Losing your house to a foreclosure can be very scary. There are times when circumstances are ou
- How to Always Pitch A Strike
As business owners, we are always working on new ways to convince people to become customers, client
- Membrane Diffuser Solutions for Wastewater Treatment Systems
In the aeration basin of a typical wastewater treatment plant there are both organic and inorganic m
- Another Year Hating Your Job or Loving Life?
Copyright © 2007 Mary Foley I've come to the conclusion that to be successful - really successf
- Dyestuff Industry In India And China
World demand for dyes and organic pigments to touch $10.6 billion in 2008According to a study on dye
- Cma-cgm Case : the Series of Lawsuits Continues in Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, France, England and the United States
Damietta company case : The series of lawsuits continues in Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, France, England a