Top Six Natural Energy Boosters
1. Digestive enzymes break down proteins, fats, carbohydrates and fiber making it possible to benefit from the nutrients found in those foods. Enzymes turn the food we eat into energy and unlock this energy for use in the body. Did you ever notice that children can eat a big meal and then go play, but adults who eat a big meal usually need a nap. By the time you hit forty you have lost most of your body's natural ability to manufacture enzymes. You get tired because it takes a lot of energy to digest that meal. Where do we get enzymes from?
There are two basic sources: The raw food we eat contains enzymes to help break down that particular piece of food. Our body also produces some enzymes. The two glands providing the majority of digestive chemicals utilized by the gastrointestinal tract are the liver and the pancreas. The more cooking and processing of food destroys all or most of the enzymes. The more diet consists of raw foods like salads, the more natural energy you will have. Since most of the foods we eat are cooked or heavily processed in some way and the raw foods we do eat contain only enough enzymes to process that particular food, our bodies must produce the majority of the digestive enzymes we require. Again, we also lose the ability to produce these enzymes after we reach forty. For these reasons it is recommended that we supplement our diet with enzymes. Many enzymes have also been shown to have an anti-inflammatory effect which is a bonus.
2. Cayenne. There is no other herb which increases your blood flow faster than cayenne. Cayenne moves blood. It is a circulatory tonic and helps improve circulation. More blood means more oxygen racing through your body. This is just what your metabolism needed. Because it is a natural metabolism booster many diet supplements now add cayenne to their formulas. Cayenne also supports heart health, improves the immune system and is a huge aid to the digestive system.
3. Ginseng. Ginseng has long been used as a total systemic tonic. Ginseng is commonly used as an adaptogen, meaning it normalizes physical functioning depending on what the individual needs (for example, it will lower high blood pressure, but raise low blood pressure). It is also used to reduce the effects of stress, improve athletic performance, boost energy levels, enhance memory, and stimulate the immune system.
Ginseng is known as a preventative herb as well as a curative herb. It is said to remove both mental and physical fatigue. Most people who use ginseng over a two to three month period experience a sense of well-being and stamina and say it improves both mental and physical performance. Ginseng has been said to improve erectile function, help relieve stress and help with stabilizing blood sugar levels for diabetics. It is a very common addition to any energy or diet product and comes in many shapes and forms. Like other herbs and supplements potency varies from product to product. I suggest always buying a fresh, reputable and potent brand.
4. 24 hour fast. The body spends up to one third of your energy on digestion and elimination. By avoiding solid food and only taking in liquids like water and fresh organic juices you give the body a break. It can now use some of its stored energy to fight disease and eliminate toxins in the body. By eliminating toxins the body is dumping them into the digestive tract to be eliminated. If the digestive tract (colon) is not clean and working well the toxins will just get reabsorbed into the bloodstream making you fell sick. If your colon is clean and you properly eliminate those toxins you get a general feeling of wellness, more energy and more mental clarity. Fasting, even just one day month will help eliminate salt and sugar cravings. After a fast you are usually hungry for food that has high nutrient content, like green vegetables..
Dr. Paul Bragg states: "… fasting is not a cure of any disease or ailment. The purpose of the fast is to allow the body full range and scope to fulfill its self-healing, self-repairing, self-rejuvenating functions to the best advantage. …Fasting is probably the fastest and safest way or means of regaining health ever conceived by the human man. … Fasting puts the body in a condition where all the Vital Force of the body is used to flush out the causes of body miseries."
5. Colon and parasite cleanse. If you are over the age of thirty and have never done a colon cleanse you are in for a tremendous health boost. If you do your cleanse and eat a healthy diet with mostly fruits and vegetables and very little red meat or no meat at all you will feel lighter. You will focus easier. Your memory will improve and your energy will go up. You will just feel better over all. You have probably heard the saying that death begins in the colon. Well, good health and more energy also begin in the colon!
6. Superfoods. Superfoods are foods or food products that are high in nutrient density. Superfoods are usually green superfoods, high in both vitamins and minerals. Why are superfoods so important to natural energy levels?
One reason is that our soils are so depleted and over-farmed and we, as a country, elect to only replace the Nitrogen, Potassium and Phosphorus. These are the macro nutrients our foods need but not the micro-nutrients (trace minerals) which are essential to our energy and immune systems. Superfoods usually contain sea minerals from Blue-Green Algae, Spirulina, Kelp and Chlorella and other mineral dense foods that help to ensure that we are getting all the nutrients our body needs to fight disease and not run out of gas.
Related Tags: exercise, diet, cleanse, detox, superfoods, natural energy booster, energy supplement, more energy
Marty Meshek is a natural energy and cleanse coach and operates a natural healing web site filled with natural energy ideas. http://www.EnergyForToday.comYour Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Diet For Men - The Right Tips For A Healthy Body
Men should also focus on their diet when they're thinking about developing their muscles. When they'
- Buying Organic Produce On A Budget
Recently, there has been so much information out there on the importance of organic produce. As part
- Genf20 Plus: A Key To Battling Old Age
Old age definitely has its setbacks, and mostly, major ones. From the skin, to the eyesight, to the
- Herbalife Health Nutrition Products - Enhance You Endurance And Concentration
Founded by Mark Hughes, Herbalife is a company with a vision to improve the lives of you and I throu
- Strong Immune System Keeps Ailments Away
A weak immune system can attract ailments and diseases. Basically, the weak immune system is develop
- What Is Colon Detox Drink?
Indications for the requirement of colon detoxification- The secret to good health starts from withi
- Eating Junk Food Is Unhealthy - How To Stop Eating Junk Food?
Junk food is a term, applied to some foods that is unhealthy and has low or poor nutritional value.
- Are You Running A (nutritional) Deficit?
Nutritional deficiencies are a real and common problem in North America. It's a matter of convenienc
- The 2 Ways That Agriculture Has Caused The Current Decline In World Health
Archaeological findings continue to show the trend that health has declined ever since we developed
- Fruit And Vegetable Death Trap? The Nutrient Scandal Explained In 3 Steps
The problem with fruit and vegetables stem from a number of sources. The whole process by which the
Most viewed articles in this category:
- The Amazingly Simple Solution to Malnutrition
Moringa leaves could wipe out malnutrition in the world. Malnutrition is caused by an improper or in
- Preschool Nutrition
The guidelines that are set by the USDA "MyPyramid" provide a detailed nutrition program for prescho
- Calcium Carbide-the Illuminating Chemical Compound
Just like with other calcium compounds that contains the suffix -ide in their names, calcium carbide
- 6 Benefits of Low Carbohydrate Diets
Low carbohydrate diets are one of the easiest and simplest ways to trim down and have a sexy healthy
- Cheese and Migraine Dilemma
Cheese is one of many people favorite's food. Cheese can be eaten alone, or in the mixing with other
- Supplements: Do We Really Need Them?
People who wish they can just take a "magical pill" and all their health problems will be solved see
- Why Crohn's Disease And Nutrition Go Hand In Hand
The biggest problem caused by Crohn's disease the impaired function of the digestive system. Because
- Steakhouse Manhattan Will Give you a Taste of Real Steak
Manhattan is the commercial and the financial centre of the world, and several leading companies and
- 5 Warning Signs Your Diet Isn't Working
Let me ask you a simple question: do you feel you're getting the best results from your current food
- Stay Loose With Exercise And High-Fiber Foods
Are you miserable due to constipation? Don't want to talk about it? No one can blame you. It cert