Gaining Muscle Without The Fat - Supplements For Muscle Building
However, gaining muscles is not as easy as it seems. It can be a dilemma for some people because for most, there is a thin line between gaining muscles and gaining much dreaded fat. There are people who firmly believe that gorging on several pounds of cheese steaks every week is a surefire way of gaining muscles. Their way of gaining muscles, unfortunately, includes gaining fat.
Gaining muscles only require three things: a proper muscle-building workout, a recommended diet and great discipline. In addition, one could choose from the variety of supplements approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) which aids in building muscle mass. The following are the kinds of supplements approved by the DFA and are generally safe and effective.
• Weight Gain Powders- Increasing the intake of calories is one of the most common approaches to gaining muscles. Athletes and bodybuilders do this by consuming extra food or weight gain powders. However, research show that consuming 500-1,000 calories more than the recommended daily amount will only gain 30- 50 per cent weight and muscle mass. Majority of the extra calorie intake will only gain fat. Although it has no side effects, consuming weight gain powders is generally not recommended.
• B-hydroxy B-methylbutyrate (HMB)- HMB is a metabolite of leucine, an amino acid. This kind of amino acid and its metabolites can slow down the degradation of protein. Studies indicate that adding HMB to the diet increases and strengthens muscle mass among the elderly people and those who are just starting their training. Regular intake of HMB, coupled with regular exercise will likely gain anywhere from 0.5 to 1 kilogram of additional muscle mass in 3 to 6 weeks only. Additional research is needed however if the same effect can be achieved among athletes who have already undergone intense training for a long time.
• Creatine- Numerous studies show that creatine is the most effective supplement available on the market to build up muscles during exercise or training. This is because the consumption of creatine improves the person's ability or capacity to undergo high intensity workouts. Consumption of creatine also enables a person to train harder, leading to muscle hypertrophy. In addition, consumption of creatine also leads to weight gain. So far, studies report no long-term side effects.
• Protein. People undergoing intense activities need to increase their protein intake to prevent slowing their training adaptations and recovery. Protein supplements are an effective and convenient way of guaranteeing sufficient quality protein in the body. However, bear in mind that increased protein intake does not necessarily lead to muscle mass development.
In addition to these popular muscle-building supplements, there are a variety of other supplements available on the market. These supplements are possibly effective and more studies are being done to prove their worth.
An example would be the Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAA) which has been reported to decrease the degradation of proteins in the body thereby leading to muscle gain sans the fat.
Another would be Glutamine that is the most abundant non-essential amino acid. Glutamine has been reported to increase the hydration of cells and the synthesis of proteins during training. Essential Amino Acids (EAA) is also reported to stimulate the synthesis of proteins.
Other supplements are still being researched for possible effectiveness in muscle gain. These supplements include Ecdysterones, Growth Hormone Releasing Peptides, isoflavones, Sulfo-Polysaccharides, Smilax Officinalis and Magnesium Aspartate.
Make sure to be extra careful in choosing your muscle-building supplements. There are numerous supplements on the market. And a significant number are not only ineffective, but also unsafe. Carelessness could lead to grave results.
Buy from reliable sources only and read the labels. Always check if these supplements are safe by checking if they are approved by the DFA. In addition, consult an exercise physiologist or sports nutritionist to ensure if these supplements are what you need and will not lead to contraindications.
Related Tags: muscle building supplements, muscle building
Gaetane Ross is a Certified Natural Health Consultant who has spent over 4 years focusing on Nutrition and Health. She also specializes in Alternative Medicine, Spiritual Healing and Healthy Lifestyle. Gaetane's mission is to positively transform the lives of everyone she meets by providing advice on Healthy Living.
Please visit Gaetane's website for Professional Health Advice or Nutritional information at:
http://Live-O-Natural.comYour Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Chest Dips Are An Effective Pectoral Exercise
Weighted chest dips are one of the exercises that most people don't even consider when they sit down
- Supporting You Lose Belly Fat
Medical Science has said that belly fat is among the biggest wellbeing dangers for guys and girls. R
- Creating Muscle Quickly
To build muscle fast is a difficult and laborious journey, but luckily a number of shortcuts have be
- To Build Muscle Fast
To build muscle fast is a long and demanding journey, but luckily several shortcuts have been reveal
- Supercharge Your Muscle Building Results With Muscle Building Foods
A great physique begins with diet and exercise. Building muscle mass requires dedication and determi
- Size Builders Tips
Choose one of these two exercises, which are good choices for building triceps mass. Both moves rais
- Maximuscle Cyclone Bars
Maximuscle Cyclone Bars from Maximuscle LtdA high-performance muscle growth bar to support your stre
- Myth? For 90% Of Mankind - To Get A Sixpack I Need To Work On My Abs!
True.But for 90% of us that is semi-right. Abs are often covered by a layer of fat and there is no w
- Ways To Increase Testosterone Levels
Maintaining adequate testosterone levels can prevent all kinds of health maladies in men as they age
- Home Gym Machines For Training
Most people realize that some working out is always very effective part of living a healthy life sty
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Tips For Finding The Best Abdominal Exercise
With our often sedentary lifestyles, it is no wonder that many of us have just a tad too much fat in
- How To Turn Fat Into Muscle
Turning fat into muscle is not all that hard to do, as long as you have the right knowledge and guid
- How to Look Like a Male Fitness Model and Attract Women
Bodybuilders are such a touchy bunch. There are probably a couple of guys experiencing "roid rage"
- Bodybuilding and Steroids: ACNE Side Effects
"Bodybuilding and Steroids : Steroid side effects." Bodybuilding and Steroids. Side effects. Focus
- Natural Bodybuilding Muscle Training - Does It Still Exist In Today's Age Of Steroids?
Maybe you are interested in knowing what natural bodybuilding is all about. This page will help you
- I Need Some Help with Weight Lifting?
Matt, I lift weights 4-5 times a week, if I can, I don't do to much that it kills my arms but I also
- Steroid Side Effects: Roid Rage and Increased Aggressiveness
Bodybuilding and Steroids. Side effects. Focus: Roid RageCommon steroid side effects normally repor
- Finding Great Inexpensive Sources For Bodybuilding Supplements Online
In today's society, many people are conscious about how they look. It is a fact that having a muscul
- Discover The Simple Method Of Fat Loss No One Else Will Tell You About that is Guaranteed To Work!
Muscular Development SecretsFor balanced muscular development it is necessary that each and every pa
- What Exactly Is Muscle Building
Is this a true or false statement:Building muscle will make you slower and less flexible. Contrary t