Job Lay-off? Here's What to Do RIGHT NOW!
But recovering from this traumatic event is contingent upon how quickly you can get past it and get on with the rest of your life. Having a plan of action can both heal the hurt and resolve some immediate issues.
One of the immediate issues is income. Most people think they have to wait until they find another job to create income. The problem with that is they could be waiting a long, long time for some cash, especially if they insist on using the old-fashioned methods of job search.
So, the first step should be to restore at least part of the income stream. There are many ways to do this. The most obvious is to apply for temp employment. Now, most folks will say, "Sorry, I can't make near enough to replace what I was making." While that's true, I can confidently say it's much more reassuring to have some income than none at all, especially if others are dependent on you.
The other advantages of lining up another source of interim income are:
1. It restores some sense of self-confidence in the middle of an otherwise depressing experience.
2. It strengthens your candidacy for a new permanent job. Employers are much more positively inclined towards someone who is gainfully employed.
3. It keeps you active and alert rather than sitting around moping. It boosts your motivation.
4. It's a great source of job opportunities and referral resources.
There are other ways to get temporarily employed following a job lay-off. Work part-time for a friend. Become a consultant in your area of specialization. Or start a service that utilizes your skills and experience. Print a business card. It's a signal that you're not unemployed and helps you get past the need for embarrassing job lay-off explanations.
But the good news is there's another way!
Much of this job lay-off trauma can be reversed in short order if you immediately start-up an alternative job search using the exciting 21st Century non-traditional job search strategies contained in the World's Fastest Alternative Job Search System. If you follow this innovative plan you can be entertaining a job offer in as little as 14 days!
Related Tags: job search, interview, employment tip, resume tip, career advancement, job lay-off
Paul Megan writes for EEI, the world-class pioneer in alternative job search techniques and non-traditional career advancement strategies . . . since 1985. Grab our stunning FREE REPORT: "How To Lock Up A High-Paying Job In 14 Days (Or Less)!" http://www.fastest-job-search.com Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Ideas For Finding a Nanny Job
Looking after the welfare of children is a very important job. The role of caregivers in the present
- What There is to Know About a Temp Agency
A temp agency is a place were skilled office workers can go to get work. There are a number of diffe
- Discovering the Many Ways a Temp Agency Can Assist in a Down Economy
When out of money and unable to find work, often times can look hopeless. However, for many who have
- Careers That Require Financial Responsibility
Keeping your finances in order is important for any adult, but if you want to work in certain career
- What You Need To Know About Resumes And Cover Letters
If the ways of getting employed is composed of steps, the first task would be to come up with an imp
- How To Increase Your Chances Of Getting Hired
In trying to get a job, the person that you are going to impress, aside from your would-be boss, wou
- Tips on How to Get Hired in a Flash
Unemployment rate all over the world is undeniably huge. But, the bigger problem that professionals
- Tips and Techniques on Finding a Job Quickly
There are three ways on how you can get employed at the soonest possible time- that would be, knowin
- Securing Your Lifetime Starts Now
If by the time you're 30 and you still don't know what you want to do with your life, it should alre
- Occupational Therapy Jobs For a Career in Nursing
Occupational therapy jobs are undertaken by individuals who are willing to engage their skills in he
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Hollow Eyes Are Not Dark Circles Under The Eyes
Many people of all ages complain of dark circles under their eyes. The phrase "dark circles under th
- Career As A Hairstylist
Hairdressing is an art that involves arranging hair for aesthetic purposes, participation in formal
- Life After West Point Military School
West Point exists to educate and train Cadets who are commissioned as Officers in the US Army upon G
- Work Experience In Fashion - How To Get A Great Opportunity In Fashion Work
Work experience in fashion can be one of the most challenging positions to find. It's a simple equa
- Tips for Job Hunting in Today's Market
In order to be competitive in today's job market, you must stand apart from the competition. Just h
- Who are the EMTs
You'll find them at Denny's. At least I always do. Denny's, Coco's, Perkin's; any all-night restaura
- Hiring A New Assistant?
More and more small businesses and even larger companies are turning to virtual office assista
- You Too Can Start an Independent Record Label
It's no big secret, the trick of how to start a record label definitely involves some cash and most
- Increased Salary with a Medical Degree: Consider the Options
Physicians are probably one of the highest paid professionals in the world. They make a lot of money
- 5 Steps to Becoming a Virtual Assistant
Here are 5 steps that I went through in becoming a virtual assistant. These aren’t official by