Six Sigma and Its Benefits
The objective of Six Sigma is to deliver high performance, reliability, and value to the end customer. Since it was originally developed, Six Sigma has enjoyed wide popularity as an important element of many Total Quality Management (TQM) initiatives.
Methodologies:Six Sigma has two key methodologies: DMAIC and DMADV. DMAIC is used to improve an existing business process. DMADV is used to create new product designs or process designs in such a way that it results in a more predictable, mature and defect free performance.
DMAIC:Basic methodology consists of the following five steps:
• Define the process improvement goals that are consistent with customer demands and enterprise strategy.
• Measure the current process and collect relevant data for future comparison.
• Analyze to verify relationship and causality of factors. Determine what the relationship is, and attempt to ensure that all factors have been considered.
• Improve or optimize the process based upon the analysis using techniques like Design of Experiments.
• Control to ensure that any variances are corrected before they result in defects. Set up pilot runs to establish process capability, transition to production and thereafter continuously measure the process and institute control mechanisms.
DMADV:Basic methodology consists of the following five steps:
• Define the goals of the design activity that are consistent with customer demands and enterprise strategy.
• Measure and identify CTQs (critical to qualities), product capabilities, production process capability, and risk assessments.
• Analyze to develop and design alternatives, create high-level design and evaluate design capability to select the best design.
• Design details, optimize the design, and plan for design verification. This phase may require simulations.
Benefits of Six Sigma:Those organisations that implement Six Sigma correctly achieve significant benefits that contribute to competitive advantage and to changing the culture in an organisation from reactive problem solving to proactive problem prevention. Specifically the proven benefits include:
Benefits For the organization:
• Bottom line cost savings (5%-20% of turnover per annum)
• Improved quality of product or service as perceived by the customer (internal and external customers)
• Reduction in process cycle times
• Development of staff skills
• Common language throughout the organization
• World class standard
Benefits For the individual:
• Improved knowledge and skills
• Ability to use a wide range of tools and techniques
• A status that is recognised world wide
Find more about Books on www.lookbookstores.com
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
Related Tags: benefits, and, six, its, sigma
SEO ManagerFind in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Dental Insurance For Individual Can Be Of Help At Time
Dental problem may cost one a lot of money and pain. But, practicing a reasonable care could decreas
- Personal Trainer For Perfect Health
There is a general misconception that need for a fitness trainer comes for novice or from those who
- Varicose Veins - Causes, Symptoms, Treatment
The majority of people after thirty notice the changes that appear with the maturing. In this case t
- Scenar Therapy - Self-treatment Or Healing Partnership
Do you want to learn about a device which will help you to ease your pain? If you get this kind of a
- Scenar - 5 "no, Nos" Of Scenar
Are you fed up with the pain in your body? Various parts of our body seem to ache due to different r
- Scenar Device - 5 Tips On Travelling With Your Scenar (skenar) Device
You might be aware of scenar which has become quite popular these days. This is actually the acronym
- Scenar Therapy - How To Treat Your Pet With Scenar
There are many alternative methods of treatment that are being invented these days. Lots of people a
- Your Options For The Treatment For Appendicitis
Appendicitis is considered to be a surgical illness. Due to its severe character, the treatment for
- How To Choose The Right Copd Medication
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or COPD does not have any cure. But with the help of medicines
- Septic Arthritis: Infectious Agents Penetrate Joints' Spaces
Another major type of arthritis is septic arthritis, which is also known in various terms like: pyog
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Drugs - the Last Alternative for Adhd in Kids
Anyone over the age of thirty who has grown up with ADHD understands that there was not much help av
- Foods To Eat To Gain Weight
Malnutrition has the same degree of problem as obesity. There are people who are too skinny, they fi
- Understanding Postpartum Clothing
The same way most pregnant women dream of the day when they will begin showing for wearing maternity
- Kegel Exercising for Bladder Control and Enhanced Sexual Pleasure
Kegel exercises strengthen the muscles of the pelvic floor, thereby improving the urethra and/or rec
- The Use Of Weight Loss Herbs
Nothing has garnered more attention in today's world than the success or failures of weight loss pro
- A Simple Acid Relux Cure
Many people today are afflicted with heartburn. If they eat food that is too spicy, they get heartbu
- Five Effective Household Back Pain Treatments
Back pain treatment comes in lots of forms, from exercise to pain mediction. Standard and most wides
- Herbal Remedies - Can They Cure What Ails You?
You've probably heard about herbal remedies before and how they can treat a variety of health proble
- Natural Relief for Tinnitus - What are your Choices
Natural Relief For Tinnitus - Alternative Options Did you know that there are an estimated 50 t
- Birthing Around the World
Since ancestral times, different cultures showed off different customs and beliefs around the miracl