A serious disease depression may be, it is treatable. Proper treatment can help people with depression get back to normal daily activities.
Main treatments for depression are antidepressants and psychotherapy. Antidepressants are medicines that help to relieve depression so that a person suffering from depression can function more normally. There are mainly four types of antidepressants:
1. Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs) - Celexa (citalopram), Lexapro (escitalopram oxalate), Luvox (fluvoxamine), Paxil (paroxetine), Prozac (fluoxetine), Zoloft (sertraline). These antidepressants help the brain absorb the chemical serotonin. 2. Tricyclics antidepressants (TCAs) - Adapin (doxepin), Anafranil,(clomipramine), Elavil (amitriptyline), Endep (amitriptyline), Ludiomil (maprotiline), Norpramin (desipramine), Pamelor (nortryptyline), Pertofrane (desipramine), Sinequan (doxepin), Surmontil (trimipramine), Tofranil (imipramine), Vivactil (protriptyline) 3. Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs) - Nardil (phenelzine), Parnate (tranylcypromine) 4. Serotonin/norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs) - venlafaxine (tradenames Effexor XR¬(r), Efexor¬(r)), nefazodone (tradename Serzone¬(r)), milnacipran (tradename Dalcipran¬(r)/ Portugal; Ixel¬(r)/ France), desipramine (tradenames Norpramine¬(r), Pertofraneis¬(r)), duloxetine (tradename Cymbalta¬(r))
In the market, there are also antidepressants that don't fall in the above categories available such as buproprion (Wellbutrin), nefazodone (Serzone), trazodone (Desyrel), venlafaxine (Effexor), and mirtazapine (Remeron).
Certain antidepressants cause side effects. In most cases, side effect disappears once a person's body has adjusted to the medicines. Sometimes people on antidepressants may feel worse before feeling better. It takes time for depression medication to work correctly.
Besides taking medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy can be also of help to depressed individuals. It includes short-term therapy sessions, usually from ten to twenty weeks. Positive results for the depression patients will generally be showing up after one or more sessions of psychotherapy. This type of depression treatment actually helps the individuals by slowly making them open up about their feelings, the root of their problems, most important of all, the root of their depression. Healthy verbal exchanges between the cognitive behavior therapist and the depression patient is great depression treatment that'll positively affect the depression patients by helping them discuss and talk about whatever they've been keeping inside.
Even though either medication or psychotherapy works independently all by itself, many experts feel combination of both medication and psychotherapy can work more effectively to help depressed individuals overcome depression and become mentally healthy.
Visit http://managedepressionnow.com/ for more information on depression.
Related Tags: depression, depression medication, psychotherapy, depressed, antidepressants, depression treatments, depression medicines, talk therapy
Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- A Look at How Saunas Are Healthy
Most people go to Saunas in order to relax after a stressful day or intense exercise. The act of sit
- The Rigid Training of Army Fitness Program
When you are healthy, it leads you to have a quality and enjoyable life. It improves your dispositio
- How Important is Finding a Dentist Speaking the Same Language With You
I personally hate to visit my dentist. Neither because she is a unprofessional dental care provider
- The Right Diet For Acne
Acne occurs when the over production of oil (sebum), from the sebaceous glands, clogs the follicle,
- Scrubs - The Health Care Worker Uniforms Trend
Throughout history, fashion has not usually been dictated by comfort or purpose. This is not the cas
- Hippotherapy is an Excellent Physical Therapy Choice
When the average person thinks of physical therapy, they immediately picture a trained expert and a
- Getting the Best Massage Therapy
Having a massage can help take away the feeling of tension and stress that runs through your body af
- Do You Have a High Risk Factor For Gum Disease?
According to the American Academy of Periodontology, there are certain factors that create a higher
- Where to Buy Pure Acai Berry?
Life feels so lonely when your friends shun you. However, have you ever thought why did this occur?Y
- Options to Keep in Mind Regarding Body Massage Toronto
The amount of stress that we all deal with on a day to day basis can have a harsh affect on our bodi
Most viewed articles in this category:
- What About The Zone Diet?
What Are Gums? Gums that are common food additives are also water-soluble, found in stems and seeds
- Freestyle Bmx - Drive yourself to the Limits
Freestyle BMX otherwise also known as Bike Stunt is actually the trick of maneuvering bicycles. Well
- Serious Fat Loss Using Boxing Training
This brief article will outline a boxing workout you can use to get shredded and take your condition
Do you feel constipated frequently? Do you postpone your bowel movements? Do you exclude roughage fr
- Folding Mountain Bikes - your Travel Mates, your Convenience!
Folding mountain bikes are essentially practical bicycles, which are easy to store and transport. Th
- How Exercising Helps In Losing Weight
The beneficial effects of exercising were used to treat obesity since the beginning of modern medica
- What Physical Activity Is Best For You
As you may already know, physical activity and health come together, like a couple. Regular exercisi
- Treadmill Running Tips
Running is a beautiful way to get fit. It is so simple and so basic, and while it can be difficult a
- The Gestational Diabetes Fear For Moms
Gestational diabetes is a type of diabetes that develops in pregnant women in 2-3% of pregnancies. F
- Low Carb Diet - Weight Loss Benefits
A low carb diet, as the name implies, is a diet that is low in carbohydrates (bread, rice, sugar, es