Finance & Investment Investment Current Affairs Investment Politics 2008: What's (left) In Your Wallet?
As Investors, we represent the single biggest voter block in the country. Of the 250 million (+ or -) voting age Americans, no less than 75% have some form of investment portfolio plus an interest in the illusory Social Security Trust Fund. Investors have the power to elect the next president, change the tax code, fix Social Security, and strengthen the economy. We have the power to produce significant changes in our society, but we need to start sending the right message to politicians... collectively, constructively, and quickly. In this rapidly "flattening" world, our non-leaders (in both parties) are unwittingly making us less competitive globally, more protectionist at home, and less attractive to foreign investment than ever before. It's no wonder that we export more rhetoric than we do goods and services...
In addition to being Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians, Independents, etc, why not pledge our allegiance to the multi-partisan "MT~BSW" Supra-Party. This (hypothetical) political party could well become the first choice of most investors, regardless of their portfolio size. Investors must respond in one voice to the endless political drivel with a resounding "Money Talks, BS Walks". We are tired of trite promises, and circus sideshow antics. As Investors, we want less government, no name-calling, and fewer regulations. We want decision makers who design laws that aid economic freedoms, not lawmakers who make decisions that restrict them. Incumbent bashing is not a political platform and neither is picking the pockets of the most productive members of society. We want a change in attitude and we will fire those who don't appreciate the problem. The MT~BSW Party can rebuild a productive government, and without nominating our own representatives.
The writing is on Walls of Congress, and it is telling us that we need to replace old school power politicians with a new breed of decision-making managers who can lead us back to the creative space in the global economy that we once dominated. Here's the MT~BSW "Financial Plan" for the 2008 Election. Dot Connectors Wanted!
The first step is to get the politicians out of Politics. Leave the "newbies" alone on the assumption that they still have the ability to think for themselves. But do what you can to get rid of any two-term person in any elected position, anywhere, regardless of name or party affiliation. If they've been in office that long, and Social Security Payments are still taxable, they do not share our agenda. Next, absolutely do not vote for any new person who has not issued a brief (300 words or less) (personally written and delivered under some form of oath) (in adult English without legalese) position statement on each of the following list of Ten Issues that we, as Investors, consider of primary importance if we (the US of A) are to continue as the most powerful economic force in the world. The MT~BSW Party demands reform, change, and improvement in government attitudes toward investors. We will not support any candidate, regardless of party affiliation, who does not pledge to work toward a return to government that supports the principles of Capitalism, and rewards productivity, ingenuity, and creativity, as much as it respects the needs of the sick, the poor, and the environment. Briefly (but to be expanded upon in future articles):
1. Investment Income: Abolish the taxation of all forms of investment income at all levels, Federal, State, or Local. This includes all rents, royalties, interest, dividends, capital gains, etc. Similarly, abolish taxation of any form of retirement income... regardless of source.
2. Corporate Income Tax: Eliminate the Corporate Income Tax... and observe the increase in employment and employee compensation that follows.
3. Social Security Reform: Take Social Security out of the Public Sector and replace it with a mandatory, Deferred, Fixed-Annuity program within the private sector, funded by a 2% or less employee only premium. Absolutely never allow access to these retirement annuity accounts prior to retirement.
4. Tort Reform: Reform Tort Law at every level, and protect both businesses and individuals from frivolous lawsuits. Adopt a rule of personal responsibility for one's own stupidity, ignorance, and clumsiness.
5. Estate & Gift Taxes: Eliminate Estate and Gift Taxes at all levels. Find a way to reward charitable contributions through 25% government matching payments.
6. Government Regulation: Examine the destructive economic impact of Government Regulation and oversight in many industries, particularly small business practitioners in personal services fields. Provide an arbitration and review system to identify and control abuses of regulatory power and a separate Department in each agency to deal with Small Business entities.
7. Obscene Executive Compensation: Adopt Amount Guidelines and Tax Rules that will control abusive Corporate Executive Compensation levels, and which would include all forms of compensation not available proportionately to all employees and/or shareholders.
8. Federal Income Tax Reform: Revise, rewrite, and actually simplify the Internal Revenue Code, starting with a top rate of 25% on income, a general non- specific single deduction and no subsection of more than two sentences or with more than two levels of subsections.
9. Size of Government: Reduce Government Staff at all levels by at least 10% per year for the next three to five years.
10. Individual Retirement Plans: Combine all forms of voluntary Employee and personal retirement programs into one IRA plan with tax deductible contributions up to a $5,000 per year limit per person (employed or not).
Of course there can be more than ten planks in the Investors' MT~BSW platform, but let's have some fun with these. Maybe some of you will get real serious about it and actually make change happen. I welcome your contributions and your efforts, as I intend to publish separate articles on each topic.
Steve Selengut http://www.sancoservices.com http://www.valuestockbuylistprogram.com Author of: "The Brainwashing of the American Investor: The Book that Wall Street Does Not Want YOU to Read", and "A Millionaire's Secret Investment Strategy"
Related Tags: opportunity, government, income tax, irs, ira, estate tax, social security, tax law, irc, investment income, gift taxes, the fair tax, corporate income taxes, smal
Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Current Affairs Articles - How to Get on Google's Major 10 Record
A issue I generally asked by new customers is why some internet sites rank larger on Yahoo than othe
- Christianity Articles - Prophets are not God's PR men - Evangelism is not cheerleading
Andy Warhol may have been slightly off when he said everyone is allowed their fifteen minutes of fam
- Internet Articles - Web of Intent
It has been a while since I have written a general interest piece and my reasons for not doing so
- Christianity Articles - Ways to Proceed with Hope
Onward and upward in the new decade From Paul's letter to the Philippians Chapter 3 verses 12
- Advice Articles - Activate your gifts in the new decade
In Two Timothy Chapter 1 verse 5 through 7 read as follows from the NIV version of the Bible: 5
- Current Affairs Articles - Shopping For A Great MP3 Or MP4 Player
Electronics wholesalers carry are so numerous, and sometimes the techie mumbo jumbo used to describe
- Entertainment Articles - Bachelorette Party New York
If you are planning a bachelorette party New York style in the months of December thru the month of
- Real Estate Articles - Where Are Real Estate Values Going Now?
At the moment (late 2009), it seems that real estate values may have stopped falling finally. Are th
- Food & Beverages Articles - India has emerged as one of the fastest growing markets for wine on the global map
Indian Wine Industry Forecast to 2012 report ( http://www.bharatbook.com/Market-Research-Reports/Ind
- Christianity Articles - The Three Rs of Prophetic Warning - Old Time Stuff that still Works Today
Due to the emphasis on the R sound (phoneme) in reading, writing and arithmetic early American pione
Most viewed articles in this category:
- The Men and Women of Lost
Maybe you've never seen the excellent television series Lost, or maybe you've only recently become h
- Why Universal Health Care Could be a Conservative Republican's Dream
Republicans, conservative Republicans in particular, have been notoriously resistant to the idea of
- Christian Spiritual Current Affairs Hitchens is not Great: The Poison of Pride
In the sixties one of the more hackneyed slogans of the time was from Friedrich Nietzsche's Joyo
- Health Consumer Current Affairs How Drug Research Is Distorted
Do you think that the drug research done by pharmaceutical companies is honest? Think ag
- Christian Spiritual Current Affairs U.S. and EU Strengthen Ties - Prophecy Train Tops the Grade
With nearly every major facet of second coming prophecy falling into place in the last forty yea
- Education Family & Parenting Current Affairs Choices In Education
Choices in Education Today it seems more and more like mainstream education is invol
- Christian Entertainment Current Affairs Spiderman and other Hollywood Heroes Save America from Repression
The "Marxism" America withstood at its front door for sixty years has donned a new costume and n
- Christian Blogs Current Affairs Christophobes - The New American Bullies
Phobias are fears. The list of phobias in American culture is growing by leaps and bounds. Chris
- Free Article Taking Care Of Dubai's Heritage
Late president of the UAE, Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, once famously said, "a country tha
- Fashion & Cosmetics Consumer Current Affairs Men in Sheepskin Boots
Back to www.lfaboots.comSince the ugg phenomena hit the UK I have been wearing sheepskin boots