Bass Fishing Equipment For Beginners
We will start out with equipment you will need.
You will need at least 2 identical rod and reel combo's. The reason that they need to be identical is that it will make it easier for you to learn how to cast and not have to learn how to use different styles just starting out.
One reel need to have a heavier line, around 14# test is a good weight to start. This reel will be used to cast heavier lures such as plastic worms, spinner baits and jigs. I would have around 10# on the other reel. This reel will be used to cast smaller lures with. You will need a medium size tackle box and I would suggest purchasing a few different color plastic worms with some being dark and some lighter colors.
Use the larger, darker worms in dingy water and the lighter color in clear water.
I prefer worms around 7 inches long. I would use 7/16 oz sliding worm sinkers and a size 3 worm hook. You will also need a few 7/16oz spinner baits of different colors and a few medium running crank baits. Now you need to take your new equipment out to the back yard and practice casting until you are good at hitting your target. Putting your lure in the right spot is a huge part of being a successful bass angler.
In our next lesson we will talk more about the different types of plastic worms and when to use each type. We will also discuss the different types of spinner bait blades.
I hope this first lesson has been of some help.
Related Tags: fishing, bass, rod, bass fishing equipment, reels, fishing line
Written by long time angler and tournament fisherman, Tom Williamson.
Recent articles in this category:
- Fishing Tackle Review: Greys Sea Spin Lure Fishing Rod
Since I am an avid lure angler, I'm always looking for new gear. My tackle box is full of equipment
- Five Essential Fly Fishing Tips To Help You Catch More Trout
Fly fishing is one of the most preferred freshwater fishing methods, and it is especially effective
- Coarse Fishing Tackle: Daiwa Exceler 3500 Reel Review
Hi, It's me again. Being that you are a coarse fisher means you need to be effectively ready for a w
- Free Advertising For Fishing Vacations And Discount Vacations
Do you own a fishing or outdoor related business? How about a travel site offering discount vacation
- Trout Fishing Secrets: What Trout Don't Want You To Know
It's no secret that trout fishing is one of America's favorite leisure sports because of the trout's
- Catching Trophy Bass - Tips For Hauling In The Biggest Bass
Techniques for catching trophy bass will vary according to the season. Bass migrate like crappie, bu
- The Truth About Trout Fishing Flies
One of the best (and most exciting) ways to catch trout is the fly fishing technique. Contrary to po
- Trout Fishing Lures - Can You Ever Have Enough?
Have you ever been to a sporting goods store with a large fishing section? The selection of fishing
- Fishing For The Magnificent Brook Trout
The Beautiful TroutNot only are Brook trout considered the most beautiful in the trout clan, they ar
- Right Trolling Motor Mount For A Complete Fishing Experience
Imagine a fishing day when you could not catch a fish just because of the wrong trolling motor mount
Most viewed articles in this category:
- How To Make Your Own Custom Fly Leaders
A properly designed and well-made fly leader serves as a vital connection between the fly line and t
- Ultralight Fishing - The Most Enjoyable and Effective Way To Catch Fish
There are far too many anglers among us who believe that the most effective way to catch a fish is t
- Do You Want To Catch More Fish? Then You Must Read This Article
There are some simple steps that you, the angler, can take in order to increase the amount of fish t
- Homemade Boilies - Making Baits With Predigested Protein Ingredients
Predigested ingredients in dough / paste baits 'ground baits' and boilies are awesome!When used as m
- Ketchikan Fishing For Cruise Ship Passengers
Ketchikan is located in Southeast Alaska on Revillagegedo Island. Revilla is accessible only by a
- Carrying Live Worms While Fishing?...Problem Solved
Anyone who spends any time fishing with live worms deals with the problem of carrying that silly lit
- Making Homemade Fishing Baits -- Skyrocket Your Catches With This Powerful Information
Have you ever wondered why one guy seems to catch the biggest fish again and again, while the major
- Essential Expert Tips for Making Your Homemad Carp Baits and Catfish Baits!
How to creating a 'dry powder base mix' and how to mix this with other ingredients successfully:The
- Fishing Northern Large Mouth Bass in Big Bear Lake
The Northern strain Bass only have time during the year to grow inches compared to the Florida strai
- Winter Ice Makes Fishing Fun
With winter quickly approaching, people who live in some of the colder regions of the country are pr