Mediocre Employees Don't Build Great Companies
Here are some examples:
• Becoming your market's most respected company
• Double (or triple) productivity from one year to the next
• Saturate your geographic sales area with the most profitable stores/office
• Touch and improve the lives of more clients than your counterparts
• Dominate the marketplace to the point that competitors are forced to close their businesses
Whatever your vision of greatness is, here's how to build a great company as you accomplish all of your important professional (& personal) goals.
YOUR Business Success Formula
Here is a formula I realized early in business: Great People make Great Companies! Through helping business leaders attract & hire the most productive people in their industries, I've seen many organizations become great.
Organizations that at one time were mediocre. Not only would I classify them as mediocre, that is how they described themselves. They were not reaching their productivity, sales or profit potential and their leaders were not accomplishing their dreams.
Unfortunately, many small business owners have tried about everything to improve productivity. This includes: new software, moving locations, teamwork and motivation consultants, creating "infrastructure" and reorganizations. All of these strategies were not only time consuming but very costly.
Here's the easiest and quickest way to improve productivity (& profitability). Put the right people in every one of your positions and take your organization to the next level of success. No matter how little organization or infrastructure you have in place, Top Performing Employees will naturally succeed and grow your business.
What is YOUR Sales Potential?
Studies have show, top performing employees are 5 to 8 times more productive than average, mediocre employees. The quickest and easiest way to double or triple your profits is to replace all non-performers with top performers.
To prove this point, complete the following exercise to realize what your sales potential is with top performers in every Sales position:
1. Write down your number of Salespeople: _____
2. What is the monthly average sales of your top 20%? $______________
3. What is the monthly average sales of your "Workplace Survivors" $______________
(Your Workplace Survivors are what I call the other 80%)
4. What is the gap between the two? $_____________ (#2 minus #3)
5. Gap $___________ X #____ of "Workplace Survivors" = $____________
The total in #5 is your Monthly Sales Losses (to your competitors)
6. #5____________ X 12 (for months in the year) = $__________________
The total in #6 is your Annual Sales Loss.
To realize YOUR Sales Potential with top performers in every position, add the total in #6 to your 2006 sales. This is what your 2007 sales would be if you employed only top performers salespeople.
5 Keys to a Successful "People" Process
Without a Successful "People" Process of recruiting and hiring TOP Performing Employees, the odds are you'll never become a Great Company. To accomplish your goals, it is important to follow these 5 Keys:
1. There's No Luck Involved in Hiring Top performers Great companies are dominating their markets because they have created and follow strict hiring standards and benchmarks and don't leave hiring decisions up to instinct, chance or luck. National studies prove, only 1 in 7 of those hired with just a resume, interview & "gut feel" (AKA: luck) are with a company a year later, performing as expected.
2. Realize the Importance of the "Right" People in Your Business The exercise you just completed should show you how important your people are to your bottom line. You must realize, nothing has more of an affect on your success than your people. Top performers will make you great. Mediocre people will cause you to struggle.
3. Every Position… There is no unimportant position in your company. When you have an employee that can't show up for work on time, perform as expected, get along with others, etc., you must replace them before they start affecting your company morale, customer service, productivity and profitability. Usually your lowest paid employees have the greatest affect on your bottom line, due to their continual interaction with your clients...
4. …At Every Level …Your managers have the greatest affect on the prerequisites for greatness: retention, motivation & productivity. It has been proven that 80 percent of employees claim they quit because of their managers, not because of the job. Proving although it's important to hire the right people, it's just as important to develop your leaders.
5. Use a Proven Process If you don't have a process for recruiting and hiring the best people in your industry, you'll never become as successful as your market's leaders. If you have a selection process that doesn't seem to be working, improve it today. The most successful leaders have adopted and then customized processes to staff their teams with only top performers. To build a great company, you need to do the same.
Related Tags: hiring, sales, hire, customer service, productivity, assessment, 360, recruit, human resource, manag
Grant D. Robinson is the President of People Values and the Author of the Market Leadership System. To learn more about Job Matching to improve your "Hiring Success Rate" of TOP Performing Employees, watch a free, 5-minute, on-line video at: http://www.peoplevalues.comYour Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- The No. 1 Rule For Projecting Confidence - Speak With Authority
One of the most important characteristics a person can project in a business setting - or any situat
- After the Autumn Checkout European Debt Crisis and U.S. Brewing Rebound
In the commotion caused by the Fed on interest rates come to an end, the "disastrous" for the euro a
- Advantages Of Arcade Game Rentals
There are many different advantages to arcade game rentals. Most people need something to release th
- A General Primer on Truck Cargo Nets
In modern highways it is quite rare to see truck cargo nets in action, this is because they are usua
- The United States Will Burst More Severe Financial Crisis
Not long ago, suddenly announced that the central bank to raise interest rates, the interest rate hi
- Niche Marketing Profits - 3 Easy Steps to Finding a Profitable Niche Market Income in 10 Minutes
Like most beginners I was having a very difficult time trying to find a niche market to earn extra m
- The Importance of Hospitality Management Consulting Firms Toronto
Businesses and the managers that help guide any business are in a constant state of improvement and
- New Keynesian Theory Label
2010 winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics three theories have been labeled as "New Keynesian" labe
- Federal Reserve Pouring Money QE2 Unpredictable Fortune
U.S. economist Milton Friedman proposed a "throw the cash from a helicopter" view, while the practic
- Fiscal Consolidation Should no Longer Delay
British Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne today announced fiscal consolidation policy, shoc
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Common Financial Problems to Avoid
One must first change their habits and not procrastinate. American Consultants Inc at offers key fi
- How a Bad Hire Can Hurt Your Business
What's worse - hiring the wrong person or not hiring anyone at all? Companies can become almost des
- Joel Comm Is Dr. Adsense
What is Adsense? If you are new to making money online and net marketing, you may not know what Ads
- 5 Steps For A Dynamic Wealth System Online
Recipe: Opportunity + knowledge + Dynamic Wealth System + Your Action = Massive Success!!! Step 1
- How To Stop Foreclosure
Losing your house to a foreclosure can be very scary. There are times when circumstances are ou
- How to Always Pitch A Strike
As business owners, we are always working on new ways to convince people to become customers, client
- Membrane Diffuser Solutions for Wastewater Treatment Systems
In the aeration basin of a typical wastewater treatment plant there are both organic and inorganic m
- Another Year Hating Your Job or Loving Life?
Copyright © 2007 Mary Foley I've come to the conclusion that to be successful - really successf
- Dyestuff Industry In India And China
World demand for dyes and organic pigments to touch $10.6 billion in 2008According to a study on dye
- Cma-cgm Case : the Series of Lawsuits Continues in Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, France, England and the United States
Damietta company case : The series of lawsuits continues in Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, France, England a