How about cheating though? Why do people feel tempted to cheat and why be in a relationship only to have a wandering eye? The truth is, nobody means to feel tempted- most of us want to be good, committed and loyal, because that is what we also want from others. We enter relationships, because we crave romance that is special and different from all the other connections we make with people in our everyday lives. We also enter relationships because we do not want to be alone and therefore search for the one person who we feel we are most compatible with, so that we can grow old together through thick and thin.
Usually, when a person feels tempted to cheat, it rarely has to do just sex or the way another person looks. Sure, we all still acknowledge other people's good looks even when in a serious relationship, but that is not enough to lure us into actual cheating. The following is the top three reasons people feel tempted to cheat in a relationship:
1. Being Stuck in a "Pattern". Relationships often get stuck in a pattern, taking away all the mystery and excitement. Many assume that all relationship eventually loses all excitement, but this does not have to be true. Keeping each other interested and making sure your relationship is a never ending journey of discoveries will keep you and your partner close and always interested in each other. So be sure not to get stuck in a pattern and do not get lazy with your relationship. Remember to keep dating each other and trying new things that will have both learning new things about each other.
2. Lack of Communication. As a relationships get older and more mature, people tend to become too comfortable and confident that everything is okay and often begin to stop communicating like the used to. Many also assume that their partner should know everything about them by now and therefore they should not have to tell them anything. When the communication is lacking in a relationship, one or both partners start to feel alone and disconnected emotionally and begin to crave that close connection again. This is when a person can start noticing other people and becomes tempted to find someone outside the relationship who will give them attention and comfort they feel is lacking in the relationship. Make sure you always keep the communication between you and your partner open and that it is done on a daily basis, even if it is only something very simply and small being said.
3. Having too much Friendship. Being good friends is essential for a relationship and it important to have a strong friendship along with the strong romance. However, as a relationship matures, people tend to focus more on their friendship and close connection and begin to neglect the romantic side of their relationship, causing the relationship to lose it's spark and passion. This can cause one or both partner to feel tempted to cheat, because eventually, he or she will crave that romantic and sexual closeness and if he or she feels it is no longer possible or exciting with you, then cheating can occur to satisfy that desire and need for romantic/sexual connection. There is never a 100% guarantee that your partner will ever cheat on you and you will have to trust each other and listen to your instincts as well, but you should also invest your best efforts in making sure that your relationship is as healthy as possible. So keep your communication open and honest, add variety to keep things exciting and keep a healthy balance of both close friendship and hot romance.
Related Tags: dating, advice, cheating, friendship, counseling, cheat, keywords: relationship, flirting
Alina is an independent relationship advice expert for http://www.love-sessions.com helping those in need of dating, relationship, marital, sexual and other personal advice. Love-Sessions is the place for all the information on relationshipsYour Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- How to Find a Russian Partner
A relationship developed online is a trend these days. Many men actually prefer to start a romantic
- Things You Should Not Talk About on a First Date
First dates can be stressful, but they can also be a lot of fun. If you make the situation low press
- Low-cost Dating Tips To Suit Your Tastes
Dating has always been an expensive affair. However, if you're running on a drawstring budget, then
- How To Pick Up Girls - The Art Of Approaching Women
So, you want to learn the art of picking up women, do you?Well, for one thing... it's not easy, at l
- Real World Dating Advice For Men - How To Handle Your Insecurities Around Women
Feeling insecure around a woman is something that ALL men can kind of share in. Whether or not we sp
- Are You Looking Forward To Make New Friends?
In today's fast paced life, phone has become an essential commodity. Everyone is busy in his daily s
- Thai Girls Dating Online: Does It Help You
Thai girls are perceived that they are so sweet. Dating with nice Thai girls have been converted int
- Become Happy With Ukrainian Dating Tips & Advice
It is about time you settled down or at least had more fun. Ukrainian dating and meeting Ukrainian w
- Free Phone Chat- Revolutionary New Way To Make Boost Your Social Life
From online chatting to phone chat, the step is but a small one. Movies and books all portray fallin
- Bad Boys Versus Good Guys - Why Women Are More Attracted To The Bad Men
I personally have had my share of bad boys in my lifetime and after many broken hearts and life less
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Dating: Gay Online Services
Gay online dating websites have already helped millions of people find their soul mate across the gl
- Dating And How To Attract A New Love
Here are some easy rituals to attract a new love partner. There's an ancient east Asian concept cal
- How to Have a Beautiful Relationship With a Girl
1. Things to already have and believeYou know who you are and believe in yourself and what you can o
- Great First Dating Impressions
There are those who will offer you very old fashioned secrets to impressing single women for love an
- The Secret Body Language Of Sexual Attraction
What body language in a female demonstrates sexual attraction? You'll know from my previous articles
- The Phenomenon of Prickteasing
I love this topic right here. First let me say I draw the reference 'pricktease' from the movie '
- Attract Better Dates Like Magic
If you want to meet someone special, you have to get out of the house. But you can go out every sing
- Dating For Singles
The desire to find a member of the opposite sex for a partner (we call it marriage nowadays) has bee
- Dating After Divorce
Many single Christians are confused when it comes to dating after divorce, as each church seems to h
- Online Dating Sims Games Bringing Realism To Dating
Online dating has become very popular and with so many members now interested in such sites the soci