Smoking Cessation Toolbox - A Cool Listing Of Stuff You Should Know Before You Quit
Be prepared to snack, because you're going to want to eat. Just make sure that you have healthy foods on hand like fruit, yogurt, nuts, rice cakes and the like.
Stay away from triggers. Anything that you normally do with a cigarette, try to avoid.
Change your routine. If you generally have a cigarette with your morning coffee at the kitchen table, try something different. Don't linger over the coffee, put it in a to-go cup and drink it while you do other things. Changing your environment up a bit may help with cravings. Also, try not to hang out with your smoker friends, stay away from bars and try not to drink alcohol if you generally have a cigarette in your hand when you drink.
Another thing to consider when quitting smoking is what to do with your hands. One thing that people truly miss is the action of smoking.
There are many things that you can do to alleviate your need to fidget. So before you quit, get your emergency kit ready with the following items.
· Drinking straws (cut to the size of a cigarette)
· Carrot and celery sticks
· Sugarless hard candy or gum
· Silly Putty, Play-Doh, "stress heads," Koosh balls or crossword puzzles
You may also want to invest in nicotine replacement products such as gum, patches, lozenges, inhalers, nasal sprays or prescription medications. Just because you use these products does not mean that you're weak or that you can't do it on your own. Nicotine replacement items have proven to be very effective to those that have been successful at quitting.
Related Tags: quit smoking, stop smoking, smoking cessation
Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Smoking - Dangerous for your Heart
"Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life."Brooke Shields (A
- Smoking Statistics In The USA
Practically everyone has smoked at least 1 cigarette in their lives - usually during that rebellious
- Wouldn't You Be Happy To Find A Pure Plant Remedy For Quitting Smoking?
Myrtle therapeutic-grade essential oil is a soft, gentle oil that is a wonderful choice for clearing
- Smoking And ADHD - Things Parents Need To Know
Could teens that smoke be more likely to develop anxiety disorders in early adulthood? According to
- HoHow To Quit Smoking Without Withdrawal Symtoms
Quitting smoking is not as easy as we think it is. It is not so difficult either, if you really want
- Quit Smoking The Easy Way- Willpower Not Needed
My guess is most smokers would like to stop. Scary social, medical and oral health reasons are aple
- The Best Ways To Give Up Smoking
My StoryAfter years of smoking (13 to be exact), I finally decide it was time to give up. The main r
- Smoking Facts You Need to Know
As a result of research, smoking facts related to health are well established, whilst in our grandpa
- Smoking is Not Cool - It Kills
For a teenager who has just started college, the greatest desire is to get peer acceptance and to be
- Smoking Leads To Blindness
The fact is that scientists have offered more and more chilling properties of nicotine.More recently
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Stop Smoking Hypnotherapy and How It Works
Hypnotherapy is to Stop-Smoking as Door is to Frame, as Chair is to Table. Mention hypnotherapy to
- Stop Smoking - Adopting The Right Mindset To Stop
To stop smoking you need to overcome both psychological and physical barriers to succeed.The former
- Tips To Help You When You Quit Smoking
This is a tough battle but it is one you can win. It is so important to keep yourself occupied in t
- Quit Smoking - 10 Tips To Help You Give It Up Now
To quit smoking you need to overcome both physical and psychological addiction and it's not as hard
- 4 Reasons You "Must" Stop Smoking Now
Reason number 1: Nicotine is a deadly poisonNicotine is the addictive agent used in cigarettes. It
- How to Commit to Quit Smoking
I want to quit smoking - I know I should quit smoking, but do I feel I MUST quit smoking? I love smo
- The Reason Why You Smoke is the Key to Giving Up
If you want to cut down or stop, you need to know why you smoke in the first place.Many smokers beli
- Stop Smoking Help
With the attention being given to health and the effects of smoking on the body (even the effects of
- The Battle to Stop Smoking
So now I'm a seasoned smoker, year in and year out. Occasionally I see a story sbout some guy who
- Effective Quit Smoking Ways
Smoking is something that is responsible for over 20% of American deaths. Over 20%!Yet people still