It Is The End Of A Beautiful Night And What Does Every Hungry Man & Woman Desire
Many people say it almost sac-religious to replace lamb with chicken in the Souvlaki but, Greeks the world over who have tasted this delectible creation agree it deserves to sit right alongside it lamb souvlaki cousin.
Ingredients: 4 pieces flat bread or pitas, 2 tomatoes cut into wedges, 1/2 small red onion thinly sliced, 3/4 cup crumbled feta, 1/4 cup kalamata olives pitted, 1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano, 1 1/2 tsp. dried thyme, 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, 2 1/2 tsp. red wine vinegar, 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice, 5 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into pieces, 1/2 cup plain yoghurt, 1 small cucumber diced, 1 1/2 tbsp. minced fresh dill
1. Heat oven to 200° F. Wrap the bread in foil and place in oven.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, feta and olives.
3. In a large bowl, combine the oregano, thyme, pepper, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the vinegar, and the lemon juice.
4. Slowly add 4 tablespoons of the oil in a steady stream, whisking constantly until incorporated.
5. Pour 2 1/2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette over the tomato mixture, toss, and set aside.
6. Add the chicken to the remaining vinaigrette, toss, and set aside.
7. Heat the remaining oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Transfer the chicken but not the liquid to the skillet and heat, turning occasionally, until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
8. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the yogurt, cucumber, dill, and the remaining vinegar.
9. Spread the bread with some of the yogurt sauce and top with the chicken. Add the tomato salad and fold.
(serves 4 people) BON APÉTIT......
Related Tags: food, recipe, restaurant, recipes, chicken, dinner, gourmet, spicy, greek, souvlaki, kebab curry
Chris Jacob is a fascinating individual who just can't seem to help himself and try everything. Last Year he was in IT, yesterday he was in China and today he is an artist....well at least helping artists paint beautiful paintings just for you. Own your own Mona Lisa Oil Painting at (The Oil Painting Extravaganza).Your Article Search Directory : Find in Articles
Recent articles in this category:
- Raising Wild Rabbits -how To Care For Orphaned Rabbits
During spring, many rabbit breeders will most likely come across rabbits in the wild. Some people th
- Reasons For Canning Soup
'The best of all things' is a good housekeeper's dream to give to her family. 'To serve the best foo
- Strawberry Chicken Salad With Hoisin-sesame Dressing
This recipe makes extra dressing to have on-hand. Just add strawberries and the remaining ingredient
- Easy Labor Day Recipes
Labor Day is right around the corner, and it's time to start thinking about what great meals you wil
- Tips To Choose Catering Services For Special Events
In the event of catering services the majority event planners have something in his or her mind, to
- Professional Catering Services
There also are various aspects to consider when organizing any social or corporate event - Particula
- Finding Simple Cooking Recipes From Around The World
There are many different areas that make every country around the world unique somehow. The language
- Tips For Applying A Cooking Recipe
A cooking recipe is a very important information sheet used in the kitchen. A series of instructions
- Raw Food Diet Recipes - Pistachio Honey Butter (no Butter) Spread - Free Raw Recipe
This is one of my favorite raw food diet recipes. It's so easy and can be made in minutes. This free
- Tips In Hiring A Roof Cleaning Services In Orlando
A well maintained house makes a statement about your lifestyle. Your house requires maintenance from
Most viewed articles in this category:
- Colon Cleansing Recipe
A colon cleansing recipe is one of the easiest way to experience the health benefits of a clean colo
- Hearty Potato Soup
• 7-8 Potatoes peeled and sliced in ¼ inch "chips" • 3 cloves Garlic, minced • ½ cup fresh or drie
- Barbecue Chicken Everyone Loves
During the summer in the United States backyards fill with smoke, smells, and chattering voices. Th
- Italian Fish n' Chips
Thanks to Mama D'Aguanno (Giovanni's mum) for this recipe. It's a version of the classic British Fi
- Slow Cooker Barbecued Chicken with Tangy Orange Sauce
Sometimes you hanker for barbecue. You want barbecue so much you can smell it and taste it. The ty
- Quick and Easy Southern Pecan Bars
Winter time is the perfect time to try new recipes. Besides the traditional cakes and pies during
- Easy Cereal Snack Bars for Kids
It's hard to find easy after school snacks for kids. These cereal bar recipes are easy to make and
- Christmas Snowball Cupcakes
Ingredients for cupcakes:1-box Chocolate cake mix 3-ounces Cream cheese, cut into 24 cubes ½-
- Pasta Salad As A Healthy Alternative
Pasta has always been associated with weight and a heavy feeling. True, pasta is rich in carbohydrat
- Satisfying And Light Chicken Salad Recipes
Chicken has grown to be the favored meat especially in Asia. Mainly because chicken do not have the